Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants (676 Views)

Igbo Woman Says Yoruba Landlords Have Refused To Let Her Rent Their Apartment / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by shugamummy: 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
I noticed that Yoruba Landlords are usually afraid of Igbos being their tenants. Some Landlords do not offer any explanation as to why they do not want Igbos. But varying opinions have it that these Landlords hold a false belief that Igbos would outgrow them somehow even while living in their houses. Some say Igbos do not bow to respect their Landlords whereas others have it that Igbos usually bring their relatives to come reside with them.

What exactly is the problem with Yoruba Landlords or Igbos tenants?

Give your freewill opinion no insults

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
Cause an average ibo man is not a yessir or a coward

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by budaatum: 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
A landlord I know rented to an Igbo but found it difficult to collect rent after tenancy and deposit ran out. Tenant stayed sans rent for two years and had to be paid to leave. He thrashed the place on the way out. Landlord said, "never again".

I for one wonder how to rent to anyone who desires the destruction of Nigeria wherever they say they are from. I'd rather rent to builders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Its simply because they cannot manipulate or cheat the Igbos. Igbos won't allow it. So they prefer their "e Pele sir" people

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by chatinent: 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
At the mention of fufu, every ewedu shall bow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Canvass: 12:04am On Oct 08, 2021
It may be any or every of the following reasons;
1. Poor Igbo people are sit-tight tenants that rarely wants to move and Lagos landlords are greedy lots hoping for high turn over of tenants so as to get extra money from commission, agreement and damages.
2. If you rent out your property to one Igbo person, you can expect minimum of 10 people occupying that singular property. Lagos landlords know that the fewer the people, the better the property is managed but greed won't allow them do things the right way at inception.
3. Igbo people are often loud people, who exercise no restraint in showing their emotions, especially when they make little money. Every Igbo boy with little money in
his pocket is an Odogwu. South Africans can attest to that. Yoruba landlords are not any better with their numerous Owambes but they'll always criticize the Ndigbo.
4. Igbo people are mostly domineering and always tending towards assuming the landlord position in rented apartments.
5. When you get tired of them and decide to call off the tenancy deal, Igbo people never leave without raising a dust and Yoruba landlords hate the noise as that can spoil market with the next customer.
6. Deep mistrust and distrust of Igbo people and vice versa since civil war.
7. For restricted cosmopolitan nature and little exposure on the part of Yoruba landlords. Most of them never leave South West all their life hence they only relate from their cultural perspective and most Igbo people don't care if you understand them or not, they just do their thing.
8. Igbo people are independent in nature. They take no nonsense from anyone but some Yoruba landlords love playing God, hence clash of personalities is always in the offing.

Now you can come for my head with bashing but nah wetin I notice I write.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by CandyOps(m): 1:07am On Oct 08, 2021
The feeling is mutual. No time. abi shey na only Yoruba be Landlord?

My landlord give me 1 month free on top my rent... When one year elapsed na me dey even call them for phone after 2 months whey e done expire say my rent done de due. For real, Bleep that shit.

Na so I go Festac go find house dem begin cap say Landlord na Yoruba man and him no want ibo. Hmmm! On top my money! Lol

Whey be say Igbo boys wey be landlord yapa for Lagos. Once again the feeling is mutual

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by b3llo(m): 1:26am On Oct 08, 2021
This topic looks like an attack on the Ighos. Some tenant thrash and mess the property before they move out. This I have witnessed.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by odysey: 5:22am On Oct 08, 2021
shugamummy:
I noticed that Yoruba Landlords are usually afraid of Igbos being their tenants. Some Landlords do not offer any explanation as to why they do not want Igbos. But varying opinions have it that these Landlords hold a false belief that Igbos would outgrow them somehow even while living in their houses. Some say Igbos do not bow to respect their Landlords whereas others have it that Igbos usually bring their relatives to come reside with them.

What exactly is the problem with Yoruba Landlords or Igbos tenants?

Give your freewill opinion no insults
if a person from Igbo has misbehave previously they become concerned of all

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Blessing185(f): 5:27am On Oct 08, 2021
1. They don't pay rent
2 They will never fix any spoilt thing in d house
3.They live like pigs and will convert ur house to pig sty
4. They are dubious
5. They don't pay light bill
6. They always try to outsmart others thinking they are the smartest/wisest..
7. I am from south south but I have lived among them and those are their traits..
8. Rent them your apartment at your own peril..
9. You can't do quarter of the rubbish they will do in your house if you are their tenant,they will even want to tell you when to bang your wife,some even do monthly inspection in your apartment to make sure you don't hit nails on their walls or spoil their tap head or sink
10. They are cruel to other people's kids and treat their kids as demi gods..they see other people's kids as dirty and pigs..very useless set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by greenek: 6:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Number 2, 4 and 6 are so on point.

They feel they're the smartest.

Blessing185:
1. They don't pay rent
2 They will never fix any spoilt thing in d house
4. They are dubious
6. They always try to outsmart others thinking they are the wisest..
7. I am from south south but I have lived among them and those are their traits..
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Blessing185(f): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2021
greenek:
Number 2, 4 and 6 are so on point.

They feel they're the smartest.

if only u could see how mama ekene and family used someone's house where I was staying before,they were the first tenant..after moving out the landlord had to redo construction work inside the house and change the toilet to a brand new one.mind you, they were the very first tenant in that apartment..the bathroom and toilet was an eyesore..and this family were the first to get to church every Sunday..very dirty people..
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by cybersoldiers: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Blessing185:
1. Yoruba's don't pay rent
2 Yorubas will never fix any spoilt thing in d house
4. They are dubious
6. They always try to outsmart others thinking they are the smartest/wisest..
7. I am from the North but I have lived among them and those are their traits..
8. Rent them your apartment at your own peril..
9. You can't do quarter of the rubbish they will do in your house if you are their tenant,they will even want to tell you when to bang your wife,some even do monthly inspection in your apartment to make sure you don't hit nails on their walls or spoil their tap head or sink
10. They are cruel to other people's kids and treat their kids as demi gods..they see other people's kids as dirty and pigs..very useless set of people.

Son of anarchy spotted.

You're a YorubaNistan head slammer.

You come dey lie on top your lies again and you'll defend it with lies.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by cybersoldiers: 8:33am On Oct 08, 2021
Blessing185:
if only u could see how mama ekene and family used someone's house where I was staying before,they were the first tenant..after moving out the landlord had to redo construction work inside the house and change the toilet to a brand new one.mind you, they were the very first tenant in that apartment..the bathroom and toilet was an eyesore..and this family were the first to get to church every Sunday..very dirty people..

I have she goats for sale to YorubaNistan Talibans head slammers. Your people are buying it fast.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Blessing185(f): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Son of anarchy spotted.

You're a YorubaNistan head slammer.

You come dey lie on top your lies again and you'll defend it with lies.

idiot I be south south..e pain u die..
Re: Why Are Yoruba Landlords Afraid Of Igbo Tenants by Blessing185(f): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2021
cybersoldiers:

I have she goats for sale to YorubaNistan Talibans head slammers. Your people are buying it fast.
monkey I be south south..go kill urself dirty and useless pigs

(1) (Reply)

₦120M: 5 Bedroom Detached Home For Sale In Ajah (Photos) / How Proof Of Home Tie Can Increase Your Chance Of Visa Approval. / Do You Want To Buy House,land Or Properties .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.