Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) (3288 Views)

Rico Swavey On Life Support After Ghastly Accident - Management / Justin Bieber's Face Paralyzed By Illness (Video) / DMX on Life Support Following Heart Attack After Drug Overdose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by MissyLacey(f): 5:25am On Oct 08, 2021
A popular cheerleader is fighting for her life after seriously injuring herself while attempting a dangerous stunt.

Makayla Noble, 16, suffered severe spinal injuries while performing a tumbling exercise in a backyard without any safety equipment.

The young gymnast, who has more than 50,000 followers on Instagram, was rushed to hospital and placed on life support.

The accident left the teen “paralyzed from the chest down,” family friend Tiffany Smith said in an interview.

The 16-year-old reportedly was not using a mat or other safety equipment when the accident occurred in a friend’s backyard.

Makayla’s social media pages have many videos of the young athlete dancing. It was not confirmed if she was filming a video when the accident happened.

The teen initially showed signs of recovery, but these hopes were short-lived. On Tuesday, Makayla was placed on a ventilator after her lungs collapsed.

Doctors also fitted the 16-year-old cheerleader with a tracheotomy tube and a feeding tube, as she remains unable to eat or breathe on her own.

“We were praying Makayla would pull through, but the chances now are very slim,” a family friend wrote on social media.

A fundraiser hopes to raise over $250,000 USD in support of the star gymnast, who cheered competitively and had sponsorships from several sports brands.

Supporters have already donated more than $160,000 USD to pay for medical expenses. The donations may also be used for the cheerleader’s funeral.

Tumbling – a form of gymnastics where athletes use their bodies to flip, twist and jump – is incredibly dangerous if performed incorrectly.

The sport is especially dangerous for girls around Makayla’s age, according to gymnastics coach Richard Long.

“Makayla was an experienced athlete, but as a teenage girl going through puberty, her body was developing rapidly,” Long said in an interview.

“A change in the weight distribution around her hips or chest may have thrown Makayla off balance and led to the accident,” Long said.

Talking with local news, Smith said the incident was “a freak accident in somebody’s backyard.”

“This was not a cheer practice. This wasn’t on a mat with a coach.”

Makayla Noble attended Prosper High School in Texas. Fans at a recent football game held a moment of silence in honor of the cheerleader.

More story:
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3800851/makayla-noble-health-update
https://people.com/sports/high-school-cheerleader-makayla-noble-may-never-walk-again-after-tumbling-accident
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/teen-cheerleader-suffers-horror-injuries-in-freak-tumbling-accident/I4IGBBZEQGMUAM2QJ3FWGMV264

Makayla Noble (pictured below), 16, suffered severe injuries while performing a tumbling exercise.

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Olaoluwa112(m): 5:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Thank God she lives in a country where things work, assuming it is my country like this, na to go dig grave before she dies self.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Paulo3ree(m): 5:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Oh dear
Quick recovery is what I pray for you right now
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Urbanchampion: 6:13am On Oct 08, 2021
The
Paulo3ree:
Oh dear
Quick recovery is what I pray for you right now
MissyLacey:
A popular cheerleader is fighting for her life after seriously injuring herself while attempting a dangerous stunt.

Makayla Noble, 16, suffered severe spinal injuries while performing a tumbling exercise in a backyard without any safety equipment.

The young gymnast, who has more than 50,000 followers on Instagram, was rushed to hospital and placed on life support.

The accident left the teen “paralyzed from the chest down,” family friend Tiffany Smith said in an interview.

The 16-year-old reportedly was not using a mat or other safety equipment when the accident occurred in a friend’s backyard.

Makayla’s social media pages have many videos of the young athlete dancing. It was not confirmed if she was filming a video when the accident happened.

The teen initially showed signs of recovery, but these hopes were short-lived. On Tuesday, Makayla was placed on a ventilator after her lungs collapsed.

Doctors also fitted the 16-year-old cheerleader with a tracheotomy tube and a feeding tube, as she remains unable to eat or breathe on her own.

“We were praying Makayla would pull through, but the chances now are very slim,” a family friend wrote on social media.

A fundraiser hopes to raise over $250,000 USD in support of the star gymnast, who cheered competitively and had sponsorships from several sports brands.

Supporters have already donated more than $160,000 USD to pay for medical expenses. The donations may also be used for the cheerleader’s funeral.

Tumbling – a form of gymnastics where athletes use their bodies to flip, twist and jump – is incredibly dangerous if performed incorrectly.

The sport is especially dangerous for girls around Makayla’s age, according to gymnastics coach Richard Long.

“Makayla was an experienced athlete, but as a teenage girl, her body was developing rapidly,” Long said in an interview.

“A recent change in the weight around her hips or chest may have thrown Makayla off balance and led to the accident,” Long said.

Talking with local news, Smith said the incident was “a freak accident in somebody’s backyard.”

“This was not a cheer practice. This wasn’t on a mat with a coach.”

Makayla Noble attended Prosper High School in Texas. Fans at a recent football game held a moment of silence in honor of the cheerleader.

More story:
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3800851/makayla-noble-health-update
https://people.com/sports/high-school-cheerleader-makayla-noble-may-never-walk-again-after-tumbling-accident
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/teen-cheerleader-suffers-horror-injuries-in-freak-tumbling-accident/I4IGBBZEQGMUAM2QJ3FWGMV264

Makayla Noble (pictured below), 16, suffered severe injuries while performing a tumbling exercise.
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2021
To think that this fully ripe girl is just 16 is scary shocked shocked

I hope she recovers.

1 Like

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Yommychrz(m): 7:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Hustling gone bad...wish her better recovery
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by MufasaLion: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2021
More reason I don't engage in extreme physical activities. I have no threshold for pain.
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by MufasaLion: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:
To think that this fully ripe girl is just 16 is scary shocked shocked

I hope she recovers.

It's normal, bro. Why surprised?
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by cassidy1996(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
Thank God she lives in a country where things work, assuming it is my country like this, na to go dig grave before she dies self.
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Folabifreeman(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2021
RIP
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by bigjackass: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2021
So sorry
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2021
Folabifreeman:
16 years and as ripe as a Damn Mango Sheeesh!!!! grin wink
So fu.c.king ripe like Diced pineapple bruv cheesy

But hey! Don't go there. R Kelly's case should correct your perverted mind grin

4 Likes

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Gadafii: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2021
wait, this girl is 16 shocked shocked

well quickest recovery cheerleader, embarassed

1 Like

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by Gadafii: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
na for american cheerleaders dey do stunts, twist and turn in the air cool

Naija CL na to just gather together, wave their pom pom, thats all grin

2 Likes

Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by 3gpvids: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Make this gal survive abeg i know why

Chai don't leave now biko (prayers)
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by budzwizer(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
I hope they can save the girl.. it would be a shame to lose this ripe beauty cry cry
Re: Cheerleader Paralyzed And On Life Support When Risky Stunt Goes Wrong (pics) by MissyLacey(f): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
True true.. at least she has a chance to survive, and for that she is fortunate.
She should also thank God that there are ppl willing to pay so much $$ for her hospital bills! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Backstage, Rihanna Grabs Fan’s booobs- picture / Muna Obiekwe: Check Out Some Of The Photos From The Actor's Burial / 10 Popular Nollywood Actresses Who Are Divorced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.