Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya (5140 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / Wife Battering, How Do I Help? / Wife Battering By In -laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Abali1(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2011
By Paul Ohia and Zacheaus Somorin

Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Kenya who doubles as Ambassador to the Seychelles, Dr Chijioke Wigwe, has been recalled by the Federal Government.

He was recalled by the foreign ministry as it perfects plan for the envoy’s investigation for allegedly assaulting his wife, Tess Iyi.

Foreign ministry spokesman, Mr. Damian Agu, said the outgoing Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Odein Ajumogobia (SAN), has asked the top diplomat, who also represents Nigeria at the United Nations Environmental Programme and the UN Habitat in Nairobi, to return home.

“It is only when he is back that we can investigate him and know if the allegations were true or false,” Agu told THISDAY on telephone Monday.

On May 11, Wigwe’s wife, Tess Iyi, alleged that she was assaulted and injured by the diplomat and Kenyan police was said to have written to the Federal Government seeking waiver of diplomatic immunity for the ambassador to face trial in the country.

Images of Mrs. Wigwe’s battered face were displayed on Kenyan newspapers and circulated on the internet eliciting reactions from women organisations in the East African country, who asked for the envoy’s prosecution.

Mrs. Wigwe, a lawyer who holds dual British and Nigerian citizenships, had also made a written supplication to the Kenyan police asking that her husband be arrested for assaulting her, causing her serious bodily harm.

She explained that she decided to come out about her situation to show that domestic violence cuts across cultures, education and social standing.

"I cannot keep quiet. I have kept quiet long enough," Mrs. Wigwe said.

She also told the Nairobi Star she was rescued by her 20-year-old son and 23-year-old daughter on May 11, and rushed her, bleeding profusely, to the hospital.

She was admitted to the Aga Khan Hospital, Nairobi, where she was operated on and discharged on Sunday, May 15. She also said her doctors had advised her to be careful as the injuries to her lower back might lead to paralysis.

Meanwhile, the Women Empowerment and Lagal Aid (WELA) has called on the Federal Government to immediately arrest and prosecute the embattled ambassador for allegedly beating his wife “ mercilessly causing injury on the woman.”

Source: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/wife-battering-fg-recalls-high-commissioner-to-kenya/92322/
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Abali1(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2011
I guess this is a step in the right direction. Our 'distinguished' leaders and representative of the Nigerian state should stop disgracing us as a nation.

In another thread it was alleged that Ohakim slapped his wife in public. Haba, don't this guys know any sense of shame.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by monkeyleg: 7:45am On May 31, 2011
Good, next he must be tried. No waste of time
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 7:48am On May 31, 2011
That's why Nigerian women fear marrying from these men.

Na who wan get facial tattoo or facial tribal marks from one flat-head autopopoyo hubby cheesy

After he don tattoo her body, e now dey cry. Atleast he did not kill her. She better count her blessings and run away while she still has the breath to.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by ektbear: 8:28am On May 31, 2011
The pictures were sad

Her face looked like a pizza
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 8:48am On May 31, 2011
I need to be honest and clear,why are ibo men so brutal even with their personality they still treat their wives like shizz ? The last time it was ohakim who beat his wife in public,now an ambassador who ought to maintain a high standard of character is tarnishing the image of Nigeria by beating his wife again.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by dustydee: 8:52am On May 31, 2011
Why would a man beat his wife?
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 9:08am On May 31, 2011
dustydee:

Some iddiots believe that since they pay heavily to buy their wives, anything can be done to the woman which include beating and killing them for dinner.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by jumobi1(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2011
Ajumogobia, outgoing
He is one of the few performing ministers. Thought he'll be returning
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by bisiaet: 12:23pm On May 31, 2011
This man has really embarrasses Nigeria apart from recalling him he need to be charge to court and above all he need to apologise to the who nation. He is a "national disgrace" and a "real eyesore" "boloks[i][/i]"
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by otokx(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2011
Have you guys heard his own side of the story? That woman odi kwa very bad o.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by ManziWaNbI: 12:25pm On May 31, 2011
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 31, 2011
otokx:

After recalling him, what next?

Send him to kirikiri.useless man
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by hackney(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2011
Its true that what the ambassador did is despicable but i cant help but
wonder what the woman did.

Has she been driving him up the gaddem wall for decades?
Despite not supporting hitting anybody, some women seem to require beating to behave. (nothing else will do).
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 31, 2011
Breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open. So she was also an animal. Well, we go soon know the truth.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by rave2u: 1:26pm On May 31, 2011
^^ @HACKNEY

You are a big fool! I guess beating a woman to get her to behave (since she's a goat) must be the only situation in your barbaric head! No woman deserves to be beaten no matter what! FYI I am a man!
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by beknown(m): 1:38pm On May 31, 2011
There is no need to take sides about this sad case of family relationship breakdown.

People should learn a lesson from this. Man and woman in a relationship must be ready to be considerate of each other. Harrassment can be physical and emotional. There is no benefit in causing any form of damage to the other.

People should not take sides. Instead, people should go home and learn from this experience of the Wigwe family.

After this type of experience reported in the Press, some people (man or woman) will change their own bad ways while others will not see the need to change.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by snowdrops(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2011
otokx:

After recalling him, what next?
knowing naija, he may likely escape punishment. sad
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by ManziWaNbI: 1:41pm On May 31, 2011
Beknown, *clap clap*
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by ManziWaNbI: 1:42pm On May 31, 2011
This article has created so much fodder here in Kenya.
See this:

http://www.frankierants.com/2011/05/dropped-zee-ball-again/
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Seun(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2011
beknown:

There is no need to take sides about this sad case of family relationship breakdown.

People should learn a lesson from this. Man and woman in a relationship must be ready to be considerate of each other. Harrassment can be physical and emotional. There is no benefit in causing any form of damage to the other.

People should not take sides. Instead, people should go home and learn from this experience of the Wigwe family.

After this type of experience reported in the Press, some people will change their own bad ways while others will not see the need to change.

You're absolutely right.  No reason to take sides.  The family lesson is simple: don't marry a mad man.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by sayso: 2:23pm On May 31, 2011
@ Seun,
also a bad woman.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by musiwa46: 2:27pm On May 31, 2011
what a mean man, in this time and day. people are mean.

Why on earth would anyone , want to beat their wife.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 31, 2011
dustydee:

Why do women marry money? They will get battery, infidelity and lies.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by hefner: 2:44pm On May 31, 2011
@HACKNEY: did that comment come from someone? if yes, then that person is an animal not fit to be amongst human beings. one day your wife will beat you up (if you are a guy), -pls feel free to let us know when this happens tongue
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by ManziWaNbI: 2:47pm On May 31, 2011
hackney:

Its true that what the ambassador did is despicable but i cant help but
wonder what the woman did.

Has she been driving him up the gaddem wall for decades?
Despite not supporting hitting anybody, some women seem to require beating to behave. (nothing else will do).

Hackney, while she might have done something, it's not right to beat her, regardless. I would say don't beat, but then the man might say it was self defence. Where do you draw the line?
Have you seen the response to the original newspaper story? The ambassador himself sent a statement.

http://vibeweekly.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1003:nigerian-high-commissioners-official-response-to-allegations&catid=42:hot-gossip&Itemid=491
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by thundaBOLT: 2:57pm On May 31, 2011
who is to Blame hmmmmmmmmm

domestic violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some women can be frustrating, have heard of 2 story hear in Lagos close my Area where the[b] WIFE[/b] BEAT&injured (as in Maximum SHI-SHI) the Husband

1. the first man is Drunk and each time is drunk the wife will beat him till d extend of hospitalizing him sumtimes the man has 2 abandon his house for his safety

2.  the second man is BORN AGAIN who those NOT believe in hitting Woman, the wife always beat to d extend that the man's family had to relocate him to another house and yet the wife will still go there and beat up, even the Landlord was forced to get the woman arrested b4 she will commit murder in his house

i dont KNOW who to BLAME

For d single in house PLs prayer that you will not marry a devil inclined wife/husband
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by OAM4J: 3:10pm On May 31, 2011
Very sad and unfortunate.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Stonnydrey(m): 3:11pm On May 31, 2011
Good, U had beta Jail Him Or I will do that for Him Myself
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by samsilo(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2011
For those condemning this man please read his response on the link below. Innocent until proven guilty I believe they say. There may be more to this story!!

http://vibeweekly.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1003:nigerian-high-commissioners-official-response-to-allegations&catid=42:hot-gossip&Itemid=491
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by blank(f): 4:26pm On May 31, 2011
Wow, Nollywood movie. D guy story is so interesting n long. Someone shld make it into a movie.
Re: Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya by Reference(m): 4:42pm On May 31, 2011
They have lifted one side of the carpet to sweep the issues under it. What do they mean by investigating to find out if its true. The fellow should be met at the airport if deported by the police with a prosecutor in waiting. To learn that the foreign ministry still has anything to do with him till now is highly regrettable. This is one of those institutions that should guard its image very, very jealously.

The IMF were very quiet about Strauss-Khan when the story broke and he had the civility to resign his appointment to protect the banks' image. I'm sure this man will still be masquerading as an ambassador and will probably try to intimidate the poor and wretched immediately he steps off the plane. Sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teen Pregnancy: Then And Now (photo) / This Is Going On B/w A Married Woman And My Hubby (pics) / Where To Buy Pure Natural Bee Honey In Lagos:08139458588

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.