Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

What I’m Wearing Is A Civil Dress, Not A Biafran Regalia - Agu(video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I’m Wearing Is A Civil Dress, Not A Biafran Regalia - Agu(video) (281 Views)

Watch How Nigeria Soldiers Beat Chiwetalu Agu(video) / Amotekun ‘Commander’ Storms Ekiti Assembly In Combat Regalia (Photos) / My Dad Prepared Me Well For What I’m Doing — Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I’m Wearing Is A Civil Dress, Not A Biafran Regalia - Agu(video) by damilola4162(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2021
Veteran Nollywood actor Chiwetalu Agu has countered claim of campaigning for proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN), Newspremises reports.

It was widely reported earlier on Thursday that, the actor was manhanled and molested by the Nigerian Army troops for wearing Biafra clothing.

The actor was said to be walking within the Upper Iweka Bridge when two soldiers suddenly accosted, wrestled him to the ground and dragged him.

However, in a statement by Onyema Nwachukwu, issued Brigadier General Director Army Public Relations, Agu was arrested while inciting members of the public and soliciting for support for the proscribed Indegenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

According to Nwachuwku, Agu was picked up for questioning while inciting members of the public to join the proscribed group.

In a video shared online on Friday, Agu spoke at the army division where he was taken to after the arrest, insisted that what he wore is a civil dress and not a Biafran regalia.

Agu also stated that he was sharing bread to people and was not campaigning for IPOB or ESN when he was arrested.

Watch the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM2kA7Oyfc][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/what-im-wearing-is-a-civil-dress-and-not-a-biafran-regalia-or-linked-to-esn-chinwetalu-agu-video/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: What I’m Wearing Is A Civil Dress, Not A Biafran Regalia - Agu(video) by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2021
They are trying to humiliate him but they are inadvertently creating a hero. Biafra is bigger than IPOB, he wasn’t wearing IPOB insignia but Biafran colours. Which court prohibited the use of Biafran colours in Nigga Area?
Re: What I’m Wearing Is A Civil Dress, Not A Biafran Regalia - Agu(video) by WibusJaga: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2021

Looks like his intention was to draw the Army into controversy.
Well only a competent court of law can determine if he is culpable in wearing what he called a civil dress. Just that our Army most times take laws into their hands as if they are above the law.

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: One Year After, No Evidence Of Lekki Massacre / Why Are Politicians So Violent Each Other? / 2023: Osinbajo Hasn’t Dumped Presidential Ambition, Says Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.