Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

It’s Not Biafra Clothing – Chiwetalu Agu Tells Soldiers After Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Not Biafra Clothing – Chiwetalu Agu Tells Soldiers After Arrest (139 Views)

Southwest Not Biafra: Gani Adams Warns Ekpa Against Sit-At-Home Protest In Lagos / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / Police Rescue Soldiers After Boko Haram Attack In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s Not Biafra Clothing – Chiwetalu Agu Tells Soldiers After Arrest by Fastnewsnigeria: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2021
Nollywood veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu has broken his silence on his arrest by the Nigerian Army for wearing Biafran regalia.

The actor was arrested by troops for wearing Biafra clothing at Upper Iweka Road, Onitsha, Anambra State.

Brig. Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, the Army Public Relations confirming his arrest said the veteran actor was apprehended for inciting members of the public and soliciting support for the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

In a viral video after his arrest, Chiwetalu Agu said he was sharing bread to hungry Nigerians and not demonstrating for anyone to join Biafra.

According to him, his outfit is just a dress with a rising sun and not anyway representing the Eastern Security Network, ESN.

He said: “What I’m wearing is a civil dress. This is not Biafran wear it is a rising sun and not eastern security outfit, ESN . I know where to go with this outfit.

“This sun on the dress I’m wearing is just a rising sun because I believe I must rise.

“I was sharing bread when they came to arrest me, I was not organising any demonstration. Is it wrong to feed the hungry Nigerians?”

Meanwhile, the President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Emeka Rollas, said the guild is doing its best to ensure his release.
See Video; https://fastnewsng.com/its-not-biafra-clothing-chiwetalu-agu/

(1) (Reply)

Angelic Voice / If Your Local Or Community Leader Please Read This / One Nigeria Is Self Deceit:See What 18yrs Old Nigerian Wrote On Nigeria's Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.