Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,058 members, 7,956,951 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? (356 Views)

Hp Elitebook 840 G1 Laptop For Sale. 4GB RAM 500GB Hard Disk Intel Core I5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? by Galaxyroyp(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hello every computer experts reading this.

I have an HP15-bs0xx laptop which comes with a 1TB standard hard disk.

I have been using the PC for a couple years. The other day, I noticed it started running unusually slow, with few lags here and there.

Few days after, the laptop warns about an imminent hard disk failure whenever I boot it.

With these said, my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade the hard disk to an SSD drive? Would I find an SSD drive for that HP model? I am planning getting 500 GB SSD.

2. Do we have anyone here who knows how much such a hard drive costs?

3. Where can I buy a genuine hard drive.

Please this is urgent as I don't want to loose all the files on the hard disk before getting a new one. I need to transfer my files to a new hard disk.

Thank you for reading, and hey!, don't pass without leaving a comment.

Thanks once again.

Re: Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? by Polaris1: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
1. Backup. Backup. Backup your data.
2. Yes. You can upgrade to ssd
3 You can search for prices on jiji
Re: Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? by Galaxyroyp(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
Polaris1:
1. Backup. Backup. Backup your data.
2. Yes. You can upgrade to ssd
3 You can search for prices on jiji

Thank you so much. I got what you meant by emphasising point 1.
Re: Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? by udemzyudex(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2021
Galaxyroyp:
Hello every computer experts reading this.

I have an HP15-bs0xx laptop which comes with a 1TB standard hard disk.

I have been using the PC for a couple years. The other day, I noticed it started running unusually slow, with few lags here and there.

Few days after, the laptop warns about an imminent hard disk failure whenever I boot it.

With these said, my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade the hard disk to an SSD drive? Would I find an SSD drive for that HP model? I am planning getting 500 GB SSD.

2. Do we have anyone here who knows how much such a hard drive costs?

3. Where can I buy a genuine hard drive.

Please this is urgent as I don't want to loose all the files on the hard disk before getting a new one. I need to transfer my files to a new hard disk.

Thank you for reading, and hey!, don't pass without leaving a comment.

Thanks once again.

You can get 512gb sata hdd

WhatsApp on 08064724259
Re: Hard Disk: Questions and where to buy? by Error401: 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hello, I saw your mail, we can chat on this dead thread if you dont mind

Galaxyroyp:

Thank you so much. I got what you meant by emphasising point 1.

(1) (Reply)

Multicolored Vertical Lines On PC Screen / Warning Issued For Millions Of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 11 Users / Recommend A Laptop For Someone Who Is Into Investment & Business Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.