Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa (37437 Views)

Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc / Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by JohnDazzy: 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
First good news (relating Nigeria) I've heard in a while
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by lebete3000: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
dailybuzzng:

Source:
https://www.statepress.ng/2021/10/24-year-old-nigerian-secures-1m-to.html

Young man better remove that beards on your chin and shey jeje.

If Mopo catch you for inside Lexus, dem go milk you dry talk sey you be "damn niggar" dem...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by madjune(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Programming is not that hard especially if u have science or engineering background or u are not too scared of logical problems and u if u were used to solving pmaths problem.
The real problem with programming is the focus and tenacity to keep practising everyday.
If u can overcome this obstacle of focus, concentration, and consistent practise, u will be shocked in 6months of rigorous focus of what u can create with any programming language.... May God give us focus for productive venture and take away distraction from social media, Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram and twitter from your lives.
...............This is from experience.

How many Nigerian youths can muster such will power of sustained focus, tenacity or concentration? In these times of BBN, fun blogs and gistlover Instagram news?
Too much distraction by the minute.
Even Tinubu and Buhari are distractions.
Those attributes will only come by His grace on them.

2 Likes

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Burgerlomo: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
Weldone young man cool

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by IncomeXL: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
The boy get plenty sense.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by YungDon: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Congratulations. This is huge! Downloading the app right away
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by DabuIIIT: 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
Terrence99:

This nonsense you are doing is exactly what your father spent his young age doing that he's now a chronic beggar. Continue, you hear.
I believe blablabla that mohablablabla is blablabla... YrbMzlm!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by 001spice: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
dailybuzzng:

Source:
https://www.statepress.ng/2021/10/24-year-old-nigerian-secures-1m-to.html
i can still remember back in the days when i use to cash out tru paypal platform i bought so many iphone then can computer by audio payment tru patpal to my white client
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by 4gunners(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Programming is not that hard especially if u have science or engineering background or u are not too scared of logical problems and u if u were used to solving pmaths problem.
The real problem with programming is the focus and tenacity to keep practising everyday.
If u can overcome this obstacle of focus, concentration, and consistent practise, u will be shocked in 6months of rigorous focus of what u can create with any programming language.... May God give us focus for productive venture and take away distraction from social media, Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram and twitter from your lives.
Thanks. I’m really concentrating on Data Science now. I want to see to what extent I will learn after a year.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Bamzyriches451: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nice
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by jericco1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
Finally. I'm tired of using another country's Paypal account
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by FreeSpirited: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Its not hard abi. Go and see how many programmers have quit the job and are exploring other fields.
That's why I started with if u have science/engineering/love solving logical-maths problem....
The real problem is The doggedness and focus to be consistent....it's not easy in this world of distraction...
U will meet obstacle, but fortunately, everything u need to tackle the obstacle is on internet even free! If u can search and be tenacious...na da focus part be wahala...
When u hit an obstacle...just leave it for some hours, come back to it, or change ur tutorial material to address that obstacle..then come back...
Na the focus be the koko...cos it requires focus..

1 Like

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Terrence99: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
lagonovo:

What a waste!

I wasn't insulting you, I was pointing your post out to that fool that Nigerians from all tribes are investors in that startup.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Atikulated: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
As in ehn.... I'm still searching for a verifiable source and supporting data.

HitlerGaddafi:
All these unverifiable news from junk websites
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
Smart work over hard work always.. congratulations
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by funshint(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
All these yahoo boys masqurading as tech startups...your yansh go soon blow very soon!
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by DisLifeSha: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
What sort of prayer are you praying Facebook is for business man

kiss
FreeSpirited:
Programming is not that hard especially if u have science or engineering background or u are not too scared of logical problems and u if u were used to solving maths problem.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Contrary to the belief of many so called Christians who never for once read thier Bible with understanding

But they depend of the false prophets to feed them lies

We also have our false prophets here on nairaland,

The chief of which is righteousness2

There's no rapture , no one is going to be taken away

The Catholic devils inserted that particular misleading deceptive verse attributed to one Paul

In all the books written about the end times, there's none that points to an event where people will be taken away before punishments

Jesus said in Matthew 24
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The days of tribulations will come and even the elects will be on the ground and be saved or hidden

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It's only after the great punishment that Jesus will now come and start gathering all the scattered children of Israel from all around the world and bring them to thier land once again as promised

Please don't put your mind to any rapture,.

Prepare your mind for war and punishment

Only those who persevere till the end will be saved

My beliefmate. Nice one!
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by gimakon2(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
YorubaKinging:
[s]The end is near

Contrary to the belief of many so called Christians who never for once read thier Bible with understanding

The Catholic devils inserted that particular misleading deceptive verse attributed to one Paul

In all the books written about the end times, there's none that points to an event where people will be taken away before punishments

Jesus said in Matthew 24
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The days of tribulations will come and even the elects will be on the ground and be saved or hidden

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

It's only after the great punishment that Jesus will now come and start gathering all the scattered children of Israel from all around the world and bring them to thier land once again as promised

Only those who persevere till the end will be saved[/s]

How this one take link the above subject? Are you well at all?
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by VlamesIffect(f): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
Betece:
I'm happy for him at least he doesn't think about nyash always like some of our brothers on this forum ...
Life is fun but if crayfish is mixed with zobo how do you expect a premature entity?
Do not get me wrong, I'm adverbial not conducive ...if a human can produce something like this then why can't egg and cloth communicate simultaneously ?

Nyansh is life grin grin grin
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Chilove4u: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Crunchyg2: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Jesus said in Matthew 24

Only those who persevere till the end will be saved
That righteousness2 didn't get the part that is tribulation first before the election will be taken from the earth doesn't me you should refer him as false prophet. We learn everyday even though he has refused to learn this, but still it doesn't make him a false prophet
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Ayo081(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
Thought they said Favour was a scam?
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Sheriman(m): 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Programming is not that hard especially if u have science or engineering background or u are not too scared of logical problems and u if u were used to solving maths problem.
Yeah you nailed it. Many Nigerians wish or want to learn programming but some are suffering from phobia for coding and the distraction of all these social media together with lazyness on their own part.
Programming is not that hard as people think.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
You will be surprised the things your mind can invent when you are positively engaged.

You end up doing things opposite the norms around you.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by DissTroy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
jaxxy:
This services already exist before now so I’m wondering what’s special or spectacular here.

And to think he only started in May 2021? Then raised capital from investors?? Well if the success records are there. Ok

Pre-seed funding most likely. He had that.

If you can connect with the right angel investors, a prototype and small-scale launch would get you investors.

Problem is, I checked the website and I'd still use Flutterwave and PayStack 'cause already offer same features.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
Commendable!!
OP which one is PayPal for Africa? Why sensationalise it as if they are doing something exceptional?

These guys are even coming late behind great Nigerian brands in that space like Paystack, Flutterwave and others . As good as the investment news is, it is coming to Nigeria and some other countries, it is not new .

There's a kind of condescending tone with the headline as if they are being solicited after many years of turning down the opportunity in that space before Paystack and others went in there.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by jaxxy(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
DissTroy:

If you can connect with the right angel investors, a prototype and small-scale launch would get you investors.

Problem is, I checked the website and I'd still use Flutterwave and PayStack 'cause already offer same features.

Seems too good to be true. A coy just months old bruh?? Lol
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Whitebeer2k: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
Opor
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by Afolashade00(f): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mayorofodemu:
Nice innovation, may God continue to blessing him, as his trying to repair our bad reputation

Amen

1 Like

Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by hectorswag(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
DissTroy:

Flutterwave's rate is crap, hopefully these guys have a better offer.
Re: Favour Ori 'Payday' Secures $1m To Build The Paypal For Africa by streetsoldier1(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Yorubas are naturaly tech savvy... omoluabi, ypruba amaka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tension In Kano As Seized N315b Textile Materials Await Burning / Ruin By Online Loan App, Don't Know How To Break Free / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.