Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,422 members, 7,830,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? (480 Views)

A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment / The Ielts Writing Tasks - The Key To Succeeding / The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by Guinemarais(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
When I woke up this morning, I checked my email and saw various payment notifications from the products I've sold online.I saw the payment of how I made 200k in commission in less than 5 days that's 400k in sales,I have the urge to share the screenshot but I won't.
If you don't believe, that is your problem.

Anyway...

When I saw that, I remembered a stage in my life when it seemed as if I couldn't get anything to work.

The year was between 2017 and 2019,just after my National Youth Corps Service, i was in Batch C Stream II,my PPA was a military secondary school in Enugu State,as the first born and first son of the family, with my dad gone,may his soul rest in peace, the responsibilities and burden on my shoulders were much,"oya now you are done with school and service when are you getting a job to help out financially at home" was the music drumming in my head. Omo i really felt lost,almost all my mates were doing fine,once during my service year, i had opportunity of going into internet fraud,but knowing my christian background and family values i fought the urge seriously (don't get me wrong I'm no saint but I'm not a devil either),I would see stories after stories of people like me who were making millions online...
So, one evening - after I saw a cockroach inside the egusi soup I bought, I felt so bad and I asked myself,"Why is everyone succeeding except me?"
Was it a spiritual problem?
How will I live if i don't make it in life?
I could feel my head getting hot just imagining all the terrible situations I would find myself in if I failed.
It also made me realize ONE thing.
I realized that the ONLY way out for me was to WIN!
But winning isn't easy.
Right now, you may be feeling like I felt or have similar questions at the back of your mind.
If that is you, then let me tell you what happened when I asked myself that question:
"Why is everyone succeeding except me?"
So, I started thinking on paper like Brian Tracy taught me to do.
I still do it today.
After a lot of thinking, I wrote down the following:

The people who are succeeding are doing so because:
(1) They know something I don't know.

(2) They are doing something I am not doing.

(3) They are doing MORE of something than I am doing.

If you look at these 3 things, you will realize that it starts from:

They know something I don't know.
It starts with Knowledge.
There is no Wisdom without Knowledge.
So, I set out to FIND what I needed to know to win.
I understood I wouldn't KNOW everything at the same time.
But I just needed to know what to do to get out of the rut stage I was.
It would have been better if there was someone like a mentor that I could ask directly.
But there was none.
So, I started paying more attention to what the people who were winning were doing.
The first epiphany I had was the fact that all the winning folks knew how to sell.
And they were all building their list.
So, I focused on those 2 things.

That was in February, early this year

I spent the entire month building my list and sharpening my selling skills.

And IT WORKED!
By june 2021, I made my first 100k in a week ,took a while right? but good things they say takes time

Well,I am telling you this because if you are not succeeding like you want, it is because of those 3 things I talked about earlier.
(1) There is something you don't know that you ought to know
(2) There is something you are not doing
(3) There is something you are not doing enough
It has nothing to do with any village people.

The question is:
Are you willing to keep searching for the answers to succeed?
If you are, then you will find them.
The Bible says:
_For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened._
That is it.
The solution, the information you need is out there inside a book, a video, an email, a coaching session etc.
You just need to find it.
I hope this has helped someone

Well in conclusion, it's ok not to be ok,but what's not ok is doing nothing about it and expecting miracles to happen
If you check out the most wealthiest men on the planet,the all have something in common, THEY ALL SELL SOMETHING, be it goods,services,find something to sell, learn a skill and market yourself, whether online or offline, sell something,people who always have something to sell always have money to spend,and lastly,notwithstanding, this does not apply to everyone but just know what works for you,and finally
Don't fuss,believe it or not,congratulations and rest in peace will reach everybody

PS: This is not a aspaya to magwaya write up,hardwork with consistency and never say die attitude is what takes people to the top of the success ladder.

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by CandyOps(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nice one sapa. You almost got a niggah grin

Omo me I no de build any list o. Na strictly hot sales. I guess you do affiliate marketing?
Re: True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by Guinemarais(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
Lol,yes I'm into affiliate marketing maybe we can share ideas on how to make more sales
CandyOps:
Nice one sapa. You almost got a niggah grin

Omo me I no de build any list o. Na strictly hot sales. I guess you do affiliate marketing?
Re: True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by bibilessin(f): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Well written post. It came in handy for me. Thanks
Re: True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by Guinemarais(m): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2021
You're welcome
bibilessin:
Well written post. It came in handy for me. Thanks
Re: True Life Story:why Is Everyone Succeeding Except Me? by Pk01(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
This one wey una no dey like talk, the secret of getting sales.... Una dey hide the secret, I paid one guy for training the guy just give me videos and zoom off..

... God dey Sha... My 10 aproved afflietes links are there.. With no sales.. Chai

(1) (Reply)

Bolt Driver Rant, Writes Bolt Over Excessive Increase In Commission / Career / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.