Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 (23403 Views)

Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / My Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me And Took Away My Looks / Customer Robbed Of N1 Million After MTN Allegedly Gave Access To Her SIM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by West2019(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
DICO111:
Yesterday I went to the bank to get money that my uncle who is staying in the United states sent to me for use in paying for a Hisense deep freezer which I already told him the market price. He sent the money through western union and it was $400 in total.
I was robbed at gun point in a cab on my way to beurue de change to change it to naira.... I have been crying since yesterday, dont even know how to start explaining everything to him. I'm so confused.
Even going to the police is not a viable option because I dont have any reasonable information to give. Please someone should advise me on what to do because my mind is blank at this moment.
oga nah you robbed your self , you want to know the formate to use and tell your uncle . an disappointed in you
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by hansomb: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
Maybe you were doing show off with d dollar if not how did the thief knows you have such money with you. And don't always give out sensitive information like saying driver drop me at bureau d change. If you have a repentant thief inside the Napep e fit suddenly turn unrepentant thief at that moment.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Lokojatoofar: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
Does WU pay in hard currency? Just asking to know
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by jaxxy(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
EstatePropertyP:

I don't want to doubt you o, but are you sure you were really robbed? If you were, the nearest Police station would have been your first port of call, not Nairaland. Hope you're not trying to use the current situation of the country as your alibi.

He was robbed of the 400 dollars bt his fone wasn’t robbed? How convenient. undecided

DICO111:
Yesterday I went to the bank to get money that my uncle who is staying in the United states sent to me for use in paying for a Hisense deep freezer which I already told him the market price. He sent the money through western union and it was $400 in total.
I was robbed at gun point in a cab on my way to beurue de change to change it to naira.... I have been crying since yesterday, dont even know how to start explaining everything to him. I'm so confused.
Even going to the police is not a viable option because I dont have any reasonable information to give. Please someone should advise me on what to do because my mind is blank at this moment.

So in order words u want us to believe everything and anything that comes out of ur mouth without any single proof?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by hosemujica: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
seankafor:
Relax 200k isn't that big money over there..

He might get mad at you first but he sure won't kill you..
Highest he will develop trust issues towards you..

Shit happens
This is exactly the problem with most Nigerians, thinking that anyone in America is so rich that they can throw money away.

For the benefit of those who don't know. $ 400 is a whole lot of money for any American who is not a fraudster. In fact if anyone who stays in America and does legit hustle sends you $100 that person loves you to a fault.

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Kidstell: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
bigjackass:
What do you mean you can't go to the police? You should go to the police

After police collect more money from him. What next?

It's not like I mean to be sarcastic. But I need you to be more specific on how you think the police will help in this case.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Jokkarm2: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
go and report to police, next time be wise, use bank do all the collection and exchange
i am suspecting that the person that paid the money, gave the information to his guys to robb you. from the bank.
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by rawe45: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
Does WU pay in hard currency? Just asking to know

Exact question

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by rayvelez(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
jeffsummers:
I pity you. Most of all these bankers give information to criminals. Majority of them are the cause of bvn scam being rampant. You too apply common sense. Why would they just rob the guy immediately after collecting 400 dollars? Am sure the guy wasn't looking flamboyant. Anyway maybe when it happens to you, u will understand. All those cashiers in western union/money gram dept in banks are all thieves
This is absolutely tru cos dis shit happened to my younger brother immediately he left the banking hall he was robbed of $450 in 2018 lol he wanted to see how dollars look like.
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
If you were a girl one guy would have sorted you out after reading your plight
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by hosemujica: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Limassol:
Not everyone is a menial worker, ya know. Some proffesionals earn as high as $50-$100 per hour in the states. Besides, some also have multiple streams of income. To such people $400 is a chicken feed.
Still, the higher your pay the bigger your taxes oga, $400 is no small money unless the person is into drugs or wire scam.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by benn94(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Erotex:
This kind thing happened to me as well, mine was 1million Naira and he warned me not to ever chat him or call him, if not he will block me.
The trust is no more!
And i am very innocent about it but i don't know what else to do to prove myself again.
Till date i feel very bad cuz no more communication
were you robbed as well?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by rolams(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
DICO111:

My dear, I own and make a living for now through riding keke.....At least i don beg for food nor other basic needs. Just that $400 is just too much for me to be able to re pl place unless I'm selling my keke which will be a big error

If you can't tell him what happened now, just start a mini savings!
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by cybriz82(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
EstatePropertyP:

I don't want to doubt you o, but are you sure you were really robbed? If you were, the nearest Police station would have been your first port of call, not Nairaland. Hope you're not trying to use the current situation of the country as your alibi.

No need for him reporting to d police..police full here na..even nairaland resemble police barrack...

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Originalsly: 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hmmmm...... tell your uncle ... $200 is nothing over there. People got killed over there for $2 .... owing someone $2. Dollar no be Naira ... you borrow $1 ... make sure you pay it back.
@ topic .... this story is somehow .... how would you be robbed... at gunpoint ... in a cab?.... and you can give no details period? The first action would've been to make a Police report so they may intercept the car or robber. I have the feeling you didn't because on questioning for how it went down and descriptions you're afraid they will find it is a lie. You're here to see what best you can tell your uncle so he wouldn't lose trust in you. I strongly believe regardless of what you tell your uncle .... the trust will be gone.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by jeffsummers(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
rayvelez:

This is absolutely tru cos dis shit happened to my younger brother immediately he left the banking hall he was robbed of $450 in 2018 lol he wanted to see how dollars look like.
Am telling you. Its those cashiers who give info. How did they know ur brother had $450. If it happens to me, i will enter the bank and hold the cashier. I must make noise make police show. In the end he/she should be investigated. Robbers don't just rob people any how without info excpt kidnappers and 1 chance. Its not easy to rob. So robbers won't want to waste time on someone that they are nt sure has money on him.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by TNORWAY: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
Revisitedheart:
Lol una no even sabi lie you go pick western union and they gave you dollars biggest lie of 2021 as for me I don’t believe this shit bank will already change it for you and pay you in naira Not dollars
torrrrr!!
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by dangervu(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
i don't believe you !
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Kobicove(m): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
TheWolfen:
I mean pay the equivalent of the money in naira into his bank account right there at the bank

He needed to take it out and change at black market rate which is higher and more favourable.

If he had changed it in the bank he would be offered CBN which is lower a d he would have felt shortchanged undecided
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by KingDash: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
DICO111:
na person wey know you baba..
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by theamazonguru(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
TNORWAY:
I no believe you bro..........I thought it's only you that can claim the money if it's WU, or did dey have other means of sending??

The guy said, he was robbed at gun point now.
Meaning he already claimed the cash.
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Macdelley: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Wannabe slawormir

Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool DAT AINT RITE. SO SORRY MAN.. D COUNTRY IS SO FVCKED UP BIG TIME.. SAME REASON I TRUST NO 1. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by mmsen: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
seankafor:
Relax 200k isn't that big money over there..

He might get mad at you first but he sure won't kill you..
Highest he will develop trust issues towards you..

Shit happens

Most Americans don't have that much in savings. You don't know what his uncle's situation is.

You people who have never left Africa need to stop with these silly assumptions as to what people you've never met have in their bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Valhalaog(m): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2021
Since I was born I have never seen a Liar like you
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by johhbekeboh09: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
DICO111:

What's distance of robbery point to the bank?
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Boogyman557: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
Macdelley:
Wannabe slawormir

HOLLY GRAM cool BEEN WAITING 4 UR RIPLY MAN. THANKS MAN. JAH BLESS

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
When a story doesn't add up...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Lokojatoofar: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
rayvelez:

grin grin grin
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by SonofGod231: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Because of the naira for dollars policy I stopped using Western Union...It was since last year sha so I may wrong.
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by johhbekeboh09: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
OP i suspect you or the bank teller who paid you
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
rawe45:

Uncle calculate black market rate

You see how black market long throat, take cause wahala so.......

You take 5K dey chase 200K, all the 200K come vanish..... grin

Who come get sense so ..... cheesy
Re: Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 by Drone95(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
D robbers suppose beat u small or shoot your big toe cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why My Guardian Slashed My Body With Razor –12-year-old (photo) / Teacher Arrested For Kidnapping Former Pupil In Ogun / Four In Police Net For Stealing Phones Worth N1.5m In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.