Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business (525 Views)

How To Run Facebook & Instagram Ads That Generates Sales, Not Just Likes / Why Having A Website Is Important For A Small Business / Top 9 Selling Niches On Amazon That Generates More Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2021
Hi,

Good day.

My name is Joseph Philip - an online business consultant.

In this thread, I will be sharing my knowledge as to why you should not have a website created until you have these foundational structures I will be talking about.

This thread will be informative, educative a d entertaining.

So, follow this thread because you will learn a lot that will help grow your business.

I'll be back to continue.

Thank you.
Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by nnamdiosu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 12:24am On Oct 11, 2021
nnamdiosu:
Following

Thanks for following.

I will update the thread later in the day.

1 Like

Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Welcome back.

One of the major advantages that the internet brought along is the ability of small businesses to be able to compete on the same level as large corporations.

Thus, you could see a company that started operations recently begin to get a good share of the market dominated by bigger companies in the past.

Social media has also played a very large part in this.

And that's why you see almost every business trying to get online so as to be able to cut their share of the market.

In fact, having a website has become a necessity for businesses these days.

You see people investing heavily or as much as they can to have a beautiful website setup for them with the kind of features that they have been told will help their business make more sales.

These business owners are so enthusiastic about their new websites that they begin to blush like a lady being complimented whenever they talk about it.

After the website is launched, they expect every Dick, Harry, Danjuma, Hillary, and Tochukwu to patronize their business.

But to their shock, all they hear is the sound of crickets.

They can't understand why they have not been able to make the kind of sales they projected to have before their website setup.

They expected that the world will beat a path to their door (website) with cash to order for their services.

However, reality dawns on them when they discover there's nothing to show for the beautiful website they have set up.

You know the most annoying part?

You want to know?

Alright, here me out.

This is the most annoying part...

When the website designer reminds them before the end of 12 months that they have to pay renewal for hosting and domain.

angry angry angry angry angry angry

In their mind, they ask the website designer/developer, "It seems something is worrying you. How do you expect me to renew my hosting and domain when I didn't make a dime from the website for the entire year."

But what they tell the website designer is, "I have heard you, I will get back to you."

At the end of the day, they most likely won't renew.

If na you, you go renew? grin grin grin grin grin

The website designer is angry that another source of income is gone while the business owner is angry that there is no Returns On Investment made on designing the website.

Is it the website designer's fault?

Is it the business owners' fault?

Follow this thread as I continue to write about these two angry people who want to make money but lack some basic understanding of what they ought to do.

wink wink wink wink
Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for reading this thread.

I appreciate every second you spend doing this.

However, reality dawns on them when they discover there's nothing to show for the beautiful website they have set up.

You know the most annoying part?

You want to know?

Alright, here me out.

This is the most annoying part...

When the website designer reminds them before the end of 12 months that they have to pay renewal for hosting and domain.

Continuing from where I stopped yesterday...

The major reason why a lot of business owners don't make a dime with their website is because they didn't have an online marketing strategy when starting out.

Your online marketing strategy plays a significant role in how your website should be built.

Your website should be built in such a way that both the content (copy) and the design elements work towards the same goal.

Asides branding (colour and the likes), your website should be created with an intention that it should fulfill a marketing goal.

This goal could be;

- Booking a free consulting session

- Booking a call me back

- Subscribing to your email list to download a freebie

- Getting a free trial for your program/software

- Getting a discount coupon for 1st time website visitors.

- etc.

These are marketing goals that you need to have in mind before you set out setting up your website.

For example, if you check out my website - www . iamjosephphilip . com (remove the spaces), you'll discover these marketing goals are incorporated.

There is a CLEAR CALL TO ACTION on the homepage which is to book a free consultation call.

The next call to action is to join my email list.

Then, there's the call to watch my Youtube videos and finally, to read my blog.

These are various touch points to get website visitors take action on getting to that website.

Yes, it's not everyone that will take any or all of the actions.

But by putting those clear CALL TO ACTIONS, I increase the chances of starting a relationship with a prospect.

It may take months before such prospect becomes a customer but without laying the right foundation, that wouldn't be possible at all.

I hope you are learning.

Ask your questions and I'll be willing to provide answers.

Keep following this thread.

Share it with your friends or anyone who you know needs it. (That's another call to action) grin grin grin

I'll continue later...

Thank you.
Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2021
Good day.

How are you doing?

I will update this thread later today.

Thanks.
Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Welcome back.

An online marketing plan is the foundation upon which you build your website.

How then do you create a marketing plan for your business before you start building out your website?

Follow me as I lay out the building blocks of an online marketing plan.

1. Who are your target customers?
In my various consulting sessions with clients (You can click here to book a free 30 minutes consulting session with me) when I ask them who their target customers are, a larger percentage reply with "Everybody."

I ask them why they think their products or services are for everybody and they sometimes can't find the right words to express themselves or are just basically lost.

You see,

Not everyone is your client.

Not everyone is your customer.

This is where many people miss it.

If you don't know your target customers, you won't know the right words to use for your website content as well as your marketing messages.

Knowing your target customers helps you know where to focus your sales and marketing efforts.

How then do you identify your target customers?

Take time to answer the questions below and you'll be able to identify who your target customers are.

- What is their demographic information (ex: age range, expertise, location, job title, hobbies, etc.)
- What are their psychographic information (i.e., behaviors, attitudes, lifestyle preferences, personality types, etc.)
- Where they hang out on and offline?
- How do they like to communicate?
- What pain points your product or service solves?

To further help you, I have a recorded a free video training on how to identify your target customers.

Click the Youtube link below to get access to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b4nX6aNsIM

If you've got questions to ask, please do.

I'll be willing to provide answers.

Thanks for following this thread.

Please, share it with your friends.

See you soon.
Re: Why Having A Website Alone No Longer Generates Sales For Your Business by Bigdreams(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2021
Hi,

I want to believe you are learning vital lessons in this thread.

I will be back later in the day to update it.

Please, if you have any question, feel free to ask and I'll gladly provide answers to the best of my ability.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Unlimited VTU Virtual Top Up Portal Creator Script Software / Hello All Please I Need A Good Hosting Company / Let's Start A Hosting Company Together?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.