Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 (242 Views)

Man Reminds Obidients Who Asked Him For Drinks That Obi Does Not Give Shishi / State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by milann: 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
The FG is also set to sanction government-owned enterprises that fail to meet their revenue-generation targets.
In 2022, Nigerians will be paying more for beverages as the Federal Government announced a possible increase in the taxation on carbonated drinks.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed made this known during the Public Presentation and Breakdown of the Highlights of the 2022 Appropriation Bill in Abuja on Friday, October 8, 2021.

She said, “To further enhance independent revenue generation, the government aims to optimise the operational efficiencies and revenue generation focus of the government-owned enterprises.

“The introduction of new and further increases in existing pro-health taxes for example exercise duties on carbonated drinks- this is work in progress but it will happen in the 2021 Finance Act.”

The minister also said that the performance and remittances of government-owned enterprises would be enhanced through the effective implementation of the Performance Management Framework.

She added that government-owned enterprises that fail to meet the set target in achieving the government’s revenue generation drive would be sanctioned.

https://championnews.com.ng/nigerians-to-pay-more-for-drinks-in-2022-as-fg-plans-to-increase-tax-on-carbonated-drinks/
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by Exxentialz(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
Tax tax tax, yet no impact or common good on the populace... Ndi ara. Quota system leaders..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by houseontherock: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
Just don't tax zobo and kunu...tigernut drink is already super expensive
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by WibusJaga: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2021

I wouldn't have complained If all these taxes were put to good use for the masses. But unfortunately it is to fund their extravagant lifestyles & excesses.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by Naijanascam: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
I am looking for my johnny ayakata
Do you see my johnny? Questions

Very sweet song worth singing next year
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by googlepikins: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Thank God I now drink cucumber and orange mix with ginger everyday.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Drinks In 2022 by googlepikins: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
This government is looking for money by fire by force I'm not going to be one of the people that will be using my money as VAT to feed on greedy bastards

(1) (Reply)

Updated! Who Is Doing This To The President? It Takes A Lunatic To Abuse The Ele / Desist From Using My Name For Cheap Political Clout–Hon. Mohammed Gololo / Newspapers Headlines For Saturday, 16/10/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.