Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Please Advise Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me (406 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
I work at a private secondary school where I was paid 20k salary for teaching math and physics. But recently because of NPOWER stuff, they decided to slash my salary to 12k to teach BST from JSS 1-3 and physics ss1-3 while I'll be teaching 3 days out of 5days in the week, the remaining 2 days is to be used at my NPOWER PPA.
But I decided lately to get a bike and do okada in the morning and evening alone, and leave my original place of work.

But the bone of contention now is that I'm not sure if I'm making the right choice by leaving teaching to do okada.
What do you think about the situation please?
Re: Please Advise Me by RichThugg: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
And so what advice do you need right now? undecided

tongue
Re: Please Advise Me by Davash222(m): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ay92:
I work at a private secondary school where I was paid 20k salary for teaching math and physics. But recently because of NPOWER stuff, they decided to slash my salary to 12k to teach BST from JSS 1-3 and physics ss1-3 while I'll be teaching 3 days out of 5days in the week, the remaining 2 days is to be used at my NPOWER PPA
How do you want us to advice you now

You want us to advice the school to add more subjects for you?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
RichThugg:
And so what advice do you need right now? undecided

tongue
I've updated the post
Re: Please Advise Me by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
You'll have to calculate your tfare at the end of the month for both places, do you have more money to save working both Job or you have less? This will help you decide whether to do both or keep one.
I think one of the benefits of doing both is that you can do after-school lessons/home lessons which means more money.
EDIT
Since you edited your post and included the bike part, maybe you should give someone trustworthy to ride the bike and being you a certain amount daily/weekly while you keep your jobs. If he fumbles then you know what to do

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
You'll have to calculate your tfare at the end of the month for both places, do you have more money to save working both Job or you have less? This will help you decide whether to do both or keep one.
I think one of the benefits of doing both is that you can do after-school lessons/home lessons which means more money.
EDIT
Since you edited your post and included the bike part, maybe you should give someone trustworthy to ride the bike and being you a certain amount daily/weekly while you keep your jobs. If he fumbles then you know what to do
Thanks for your response. But I can't give it to anyone, I can't be listening to stories everyday.
Re: Please Advise Me by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ay92:

Thanks for your response. But I can't give it to anyone, I can't be listening to stories everyday.
You don't need advice then, you already purchased it, what do you expect we tell you?
The risk is yours to take.
Re: Please Advise Me by Herkim(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hello bros

As we speak our economy is not friendly , one particular job is not sustainable for one survive wiith
Re: Please Advise Me by Originalsly: 4:25am On Oct 10, 2021
N12 000 salary. I don't care where you do Okada... you're not going to earn less than N12 000 ... even if you're lazy. Make Okada your main job ... teaching the side hustle.
Re: Please Advise Me by Dvea(f): 4:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Ay92:
I work at a private secondary school where I was paid 20k salary for teaching math and physics. But recently because of NPOWER stuff, they decided to slash my salary to 12k to teach BST from JSS 1-3 and physics ss1-3 while I'll be teaching 3 days out of 5days in the week, the remaining 2 days is to be used at my NPOWER PPA.
But I decided lately to get a bike and do okada in the morning and evening alone, and leave my original place of work.

But the bone of contention now is that I'm not sure if I'm making the right choice by leaving teaching to do okada.
What do you think about the situation please?

It's saddening to see young people be enslaved for their hardwork. Look ill be honest with you, you are better off outside the school. You are being ripped off so badly. I'm not sure how the okay thing works but you can even become a dispatch rider.

I've said this before Nigerians are horrible. Who pays 12k to a secondary school teacher for God's sake.

Look if you want a bit of financial advice reach out to me. I think it's high time I start a tread about personal finance and self development.

My advice is simple join the transport business. It's a lot more gainful and you have more freedom and more chances for success.

Above all don't rush to anything without praying and weighing in on your options. Identify you health and stamina and your financial capacity to survive for a week even if you don't begin making money through bike. But I believe that you will make more riding a bike no matter what.
Re: Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dvea:

It's saddening to see young people be enslaved for their hardwork. Look ill be honest with you, you are better off outside the school. You are being ripped off so badly. I'm not sure how the okay thing works but you can even become a dispatch rider.

I've said this before Nigerians are horrible. Who pays 12k to a secondary school teacher for God's sake.

Look if you want a bit of financial advice reach out to me. I think it's high time I start a tread about personal finance and self development.

My advice is simple join the transport business. It's a lot more gainful and you have more freedom and more chances for success.

Above all don't rush to anything without praying and weighing in on your options. Identify you health and stamina and your financial capacity to survive for a week even if you don't begin making money through bike. But I believe that you will make more riding a bike no matter what.
I can't thank you enough for your contribution, you seem to understand my plight
Re: Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
Thanks everyone for your contribution.
Re: Please Advise Me by Ay92(m): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

You don't need advice then, you already purchased it, what do you expect we tell you?
The risk is yours to take.
I haven't purchased it o,
I'm still looking for money.
Who knows if a good Samaritan will read this thread soon. I'm looking for around #80 000 to buy a second had bike.

(1) (Reply)

Nlanders Pls Help / Gasoline / Accommodation Needed At Ogba And Abuluegba Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.