Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? (1420 Views)

Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / The Person Who Leaked Buhari’s Speech Caught - Femi Adesina / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Redomi(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
Jakande was sentenced to jail just like his boss, Awolowo. But Jakande was crying in the court not because of himself but for Awolowo. When Awolowo saw him, approached him and asked him "why crying for only me..." Jakande replied "I don't mind going to jail and even adding your terms to mine, why South.West, why is it that the only Premier in Nigeria that will be jailed is the Premier of my Region?". Awolowo replied "Dry your tears, God sometimes keep his own away when danger is approaching...."
And that was what happened! The reason why Nigeria didn't break in 1967 was Obafemi Awolowo. Gowon said "I needed him badly more than I needed the Nigerian Army".....Why? Two reasons;
1. The original rallying point of the Yoruba was Awolowo. If Yoruba supported the break up, no Jupiter can stop it. Therefore, to keep Nigeria one, Awolowo must endorse it!!!!
2. The wisdom of Awolowo was unequalled, unparalleled and unrivalled. His wisdom must not be on the side of the rebel, Nigeria would not survive without it.
No wonder the two Warriors Gowon and Ojukwu said and I quote; "I am the luckiest ruler of Nigeria because the best Nigeria asset in person of Chief Awolowo was my Vice Chairman and Finance Commissioner..."- Gowon. "Chief Awolowo is the best President of Nigeria that never was..."- Ojukwu.
Need I say more? Murtala Mohammed had ensured in his Transition Programme that Shehu Shagari would not contest but after his death, OBJ relaxed the rules.....Shagari was allowed to contest and won but in 1984, Buhari stopped Shagari again, describing his election as "shamelessly rigged".......
NCNC was the popular Party in Lagos. They always won Lagos. And Awolowo's Action Group would have lost in 1954 if not for Madam Abibatu Mogaji the mother of JAGABAN who mobilized the Lagos women for AG!
THE SECRET OF AWOLOWO....
Awolowo deliberately spent a lot of money in establishing exclusive investments for the Western Region where he thought the SW Progressive Politics would be financed. He said "SW need stable source of fund to fight politically because a poor people cannot fight the Central Government...". No one knew this secret until his Deputy had issues with Awolowo and leaked the secret to the opponent. He told them "fight Awolowo from now till forever, if you didn't destroy the Western Nigerian Investments, SW will always be buoyant financially and they will fight you and win you...." Wow!!!!! That was the end!!!
From that time, to cut the story short, SW was targeted! AWO was accused of fraud. Investments converted to Full state investment and later Odu'a Investment. And later, during the military regime, there was a time when all SW governors were non Yorubas, Odu'a investment was crushed. Cold dead! But LAGOS of Tinubu reinvested the progressive interest in a more sophisticated way. MAY THE SECRET OF LAGOS NOT BE LEAKED THE WAY ENEMIES LEAKED THE SECRET OF SW!!! The Story of Progressive Politics in Nigeria since 1954 had its Genesis from Awolowo's Palm Tree which, After processing, have its revelation from Tinubu's Broom!!!
No more No less!
We must never forget the families of Obafemi Awolowo, Lateef Jakande, Bisi Onabanjo, Bola Ige, Adekunle Ajasin, Ambrose Ali, Adebayo, JS Olawoyin, Anthony Enahoro, Abraham Adesanya, S.O Gbadamosi, Bode Thomas.....These are first generation of progressive politicians who played progressive politics for life!!!
UP AWO!!!!
Simple but Notable. When Awolowo arrived Lagos from Calabar Prison, after meeting with Gowon, it was Murtala Mohammed who voluntarily drove Awolowo home, in his personal car. Murtala described the gesture(driving Awolowo) as a privilege!!!
Copied

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Bastard1stborn: 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don't know why the soup is cold but I don't have choice because the eba is hotter than fire
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Buckeyemedia1: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2021
Redomi:
Jakande was sentenced to jail just like his boss, Awolowo. But Jakande was crying in the court not because of himself but for Awolowo. When Awolowo saw him, approached him and asked him "why crying for only me..." Jakande replied "I don't mind going to jail and even adding your terms to mine, why South.West, why is it that the only Premier in Nigeria that will be jailed is the Premier of my Region?". Awolowo replied "Dry your tears, God sometimes keep his own away when danger is approaching...."
And that was what happened! The reason why Nigeria didn't break in 1967 was Obafemi Awolowo. Gowon said "I needed him badly more than I needed the Nigerian Army".....Why? Two reasons;
1. The original rallying point of the Yoruba was Awolowo. If Yoruba supported the break up, no Jupiter can stop it. Therefore, to keep Nigeria one, Awolowo must endorse it!!!!
2. The wisdom of Awolowo was unequalled, unparalleled and unrivalled. His wisdom must not be on the side of the rebel, Nigeria would not survive without it.
No wonder the two Warriors Gowon and Ojukwu said and I quote; "I am the luckiest ruler of Nigeria because the best Nigeria asset in person of Chief Awolowo was my Vice Chairman and Finance Commissioner..."- Gowon. "Chief Awolowo is the best President of Nigeria that never was..."- Ojukwu.
Need I say more? Murtala Mohammed had ensured in his Transition Programme that Shehu Shagari would not contest but after his death, OBJ relaxed the rules.....Shagari was allowed to contest and won but in 1984, Buhari stopped Shagari again, describing his election as "shamelessly rigged".......
NCNC was the popular Party in Lagos. They always won Lagos. And Awolowo's Action Group would have lost in 1954 if not for Madam Abibatu Mogaji the mother of JAGABAN who mobilized the Lagos women for AG!
Awolowo deliberately spent a lot of money in establishing exclusive investments for the Western Region where he thought the SW Progressive Politics would be financed. He said "SW need stable source of fund to fight politically because a poor people cannot fight the Central Government...". No one knew this secret until his Deputy had issues with Awolowo and leaked the secret to the opponent. He told them "fight Awolowo from now till forever, if you didn't destroy the Western Nigerian Investments, SW will always be buoyant financially and they will fight you and win you...." Wow!!!!! That was the end!!!
From that time, to cut the story short, SW was targeted! AWO was accused of fraud. Investments converted to Full state investment and later Odu'a Investment. And later, during the military regime, there was a time when all SW governors were non Yorubas, Odu'a investment was crushed. Cold dead! But LAGOS of Tinubu reinvested the progressive interest in a more sophisticated way. MAY THE SECRET OF LAGOS NOT BE LEAKED THE WAY ENEMIES LEAKED THE SECRET OF SW!!! The Story of Progressive Politics in Nigeria since 1954 had its Genesis from Awolowo's Palm Tree which, After processing, have its revelation from Tinubu's Broom!!!
No more No less!
We must never forget the families of Obafemi Awolowo, Lateef Jakande, Bisi Onabanjo, Bola Ige, Adekunle Ajasin, Ambrose Ali, Adebayo, JS Olawoyin, Anthony Enahoro, Abraham Adesanya, S.O Gbadamosi, Bode Thomas.....These are first generation of progressive politicians who played progressive politics for life!!!
UP AWO!!!!
Simple but Notable. When Awolowo arrived Lagos from Calabar Prison, after meeting with Gowon, it was Murtala Mohammed who voluntarily drove Awolowo home, in his personal car. Murtala described the gesture(driving Awolowo) as a privilege!!!
Copied
It was Samuel Akintola In connivance with Remi Fani Kayode that belittled Chief Obafemi Awolowo In 1963, his own kinsmen, Chief Awolowo was not the premier of the region when he was sent to jail, so what kind of crocodile tears is Jakande shedding? Stop claiming Lagos Colony it is the exclusive property of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, go & develop Ibadan & Osogbo with your shameless odua investment, it is other people that helped those rogues mismanage the conglomerate?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Gotze1: 2:44am On Oct 10, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
It was Samuel Akintola In connivance with Remi Fani Kayode that belittled Chief Obafemi Awolowo In 1963, his own kinsmen, Chief Awolowo was not the premier of the region when he was sent to jail, so what kind of crocodile tears is Jakande shedding? Stop claiming Lagos Colony it is the exclusive property of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, go & develop Ibadan & Osogbo with your shameless odua investment, it is other people that helped those rogues mismanage the conglomerate?
Why do you always cry about lagos? Which of the state in your region is as developed as ibadan.

Tell me what can your father do about the yoruba ownership of lagos than to continue the cry that he has passed to you till his dying day? What?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by alanto: 7:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Gotze1:
Why do you always cry about lagos? Which of the state in your region is as developed as ibadan.

Tell me what can your father do about the yoruba ownership of lagos than to continue the cry that he has passed to you till his dying day? What?
Absolutely nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Daddysidhan: 7:35am On Oct 10, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
This idiot is not an Igbo man, he is an Aboki from the land almajiri terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Amatarasha(f): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
40yrs later Femi fani kayode is been inducted by APC fulani to do the same to tinubu.
Wisdom is rare from that Una side , wisemen knows the earth isn't round on coincidence

3 Likes

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Formularcr7: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2021
All I can say is I stand with Nigeria
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by malcom1X: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2021
Tinubu will be accused of fraud and money laundering soon.

His political ambition will go up in flames.

1 Like

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by GerogeI(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2021
You are celebrating Awolowo, who failed to sieze the moment to free his people from slavery to Yoruba Nationhood.
Rather, he choose a brief moment of fame and being exploited for his so called intelligence for the British Igbo war.

What happen to him after? What was his reward, the indigenised companies that have all failed by the hands of mismanagement. It was more than 30 yrs later that a Yoruba man was seen fit to Preside over Nigeria, with Awolowo in his graves. Till today your people are still enmeshed in the throes of poverty and disorganisation as the worst of Nigeria. Why End SARS, Revolution Now, or Even Buhari must Go. This is what Awolowo, and Tinubu and the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe Wanted!

While the East with its plurality of opinions has long realised Nigeria is a prolonged waste of time, an impossibility that can only benefit Britain and destroy all our cultural fabrics for a just and progressive society. The west is playing the same game Awolowo failed at 54 years after the war. Dragging the good of all, just for the political ambitions of one man Tinubu, otherwise a renown negativity like Buhari should be no where close to Aso Rock.

Alas, Buhari by omission or commission has given us a rare opportunity to break and rebuild the Niger Area, but even that realisation is still lost to Awo followers. They are still lost in a personal competition between Azikiwe and Awo, who are both dead and well decayed in their graves. Who is it that will lead, that will keep leading us through that straight road down the middle Hell.

8 Likes

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by porka: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Redomi:
No more No less!
UP AWO!!!!
Copied

Your incessant reference to South West (SW) in your write up makes your claims questionable.

Did South West (SW) exist in the period under reference?
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by mightyhaze: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
Amatarasha:
40yrs later Femi fani kayode is been inducted by APC fulani to do the same to tinubu.
Wisdom is rare from that Una side , wisemen knows the earth isn't round on coincidence
60 years actually
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by SirBlack999(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
In all, Awo committed suicide by insecticide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Perfectbeing(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
porka:

Your incessant reference to South West (SW) in your write up makes your claims questionable.

Did South West (SW) exist in the period under reference?
you understand what he means.
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by SweetiliciousD: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
GerogeI:
You are celebrating Awolowo, who failed to sieze the moment to free his people from slavery to Yoruba Nationhood.
Rather, he choose a brief moment of fame and being exploited for his so called intelligence for the British Igbo war.

What happen to him after? What was his reward, the indigenised companies that have all failed by the hands of mismanagement. It was more than 30 yrs later that a Yoruba man was seen fit to Preside over Nigeria, with Awolowo in his graves. Till today your people are still enmeshed in the throes of poverty and disorganisation as the worst of Nigeria. Why End SARS, Revolution Now, or Even Buhari must Go. This is what Awolowo, and Tinubu and the likes of Nnamdi Azikiwe Wanted!

While the East with its plurality of opinions has long realised Nigeria is a prolonged waste of time, an impossibility that can only benefit Britain and destroy all our cultural fabrics for a just and progressive society. The west is playing the same game Awolowo failed at 54 years after the war. Dragging the good of all, just for the political ambitions of one man Tinubu, otherwise a renown negativity like Buhari should be no where close to Aso Rock.

Alas, Buhari by omission or commission has given us a rare opportunity to break and rebuild the Niger Area, but even that realisation is still lost to Awo followers. They are still lost in a personal competition between Azikiwe and Awo, who are both dead and well decayed in their graves. Who is it that will lead, that will keep leading us through that straight road down the middle Hell.

Ephemeral euphoria won't allow them see the bitter handwriting on the wall, THE BIG PICTURE OF USE AND DUMP, rather all they do will be chasing presidency at the expense of generational liberation.

Great Awo became a prisoner. Obasanjo too. Yet sophisticated Western brothers are busy chasing ONE NIGERIA! FFK is already positioned to play the inherited game!
Re: Who Leaked The Secret Of Obafemi Awolowo? by Upjis: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Rat poison reloaded

awo the father of cowards

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2-0 IPOB. IPOB Suffers Another Defeat. / Scene Of The Unwanton Burning Of Houses, Shops,vechicles In Awo / UAE Awards President Buhari Most Traveled African President In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.