Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry (3532 Views)

Just In:toyota Avalon 2005 Limited Edition/thumbstart/navi/rev-sensors... 2.2m!! / Bold Black H3(hummer3) Dvd Reloaded Machine Overdrive!: Call / What Is The Function Of "overdrive" In Automatics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 31, 2011
Please house how do I know that the overdrive in my Toyota camry is on? If I press the bottom, it either shows o/d off or shows no light all. Futhermore, when my brother wants to overtake a trailer using his Mercedes with automatic transmission, he pushes the gear to (if i could remember) to D3 and the car is trust forward with a higher force and increased rev. Is it possible to do same with toyota 03 camry? If yes, how?
Re: Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by welovethee(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2011
Bros, me too need to sabi use this overdrive thing.

All these motor people, make una yarn na. Abi na only to sell
motor una sabi? lol
Re: Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by calculusx(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2011
Re: Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by Martini101(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2011
when u press the overdrive button on d gear shift, d overdrive indicator on the dashboard should lite up. If it doesnt, then it is bad so look for a car technician to rectify the fault. For the immediate car thrust, push ur gear to 'L' and accelerate! After u must hav over taken the car return to 'D'. Enoy ur ride but be careful when doing that. Note. Dont remove your leg on the accelerator cos the car will loose speed. I drive 1996 camry(orobo).
Re: Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by sultaan(m): 1:56am On Jun 01, 2011
When you drive manual trans, and you are going to overtake do you shift from gear 4 to 3 or even 2 to do it? I guess not

If you do shift from 4 to 3 to overtake you just burn fuel and stress transmission.

D3 means you don't want the car to shift into 4th gear like when you drive manual in lagos traffic, L means car should stay in low gear traffic as in go slow(1&2)
Overdrive means you don't want you trans to upshift unnecessarily so your trans won't be hunting for gears(go btw 4&3 when you can't keep up your speed) Saves your gears overtime OD on works well if you live in hilly city like San Francisco

Hope this helps.
Re: Using Overdrive In Toyota Camry by chelseabmw(m): 3:01am On Jun 01, 2011
@poster
When using over drive in camry it show O/D off.Then its working
u can also use 2 for the over drive. . . . .Give it a trial

(1) (Reply)

2000 Nissan Quest Tok. For 900k.....SOLD !!! SOLD!!! SOLD..... / Carport,awning,cool shade,tent & danpalon for your homes! / Naija Used 2000 Honda Civic For 500k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.