Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) (46953 Views)

Federal University, Otuoke Hostels Flooded, Python Killed (Video) / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
GorillaApp:

It is. The pattern is more symmetrical compared to a python's.

On the other hand, that snake right there is death personified!
I killed a viper yesterday but I don't think I need to post it here

Oh.. ok.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by dadabashua1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
I remember during my childhood days,how I was made to believe that scorpions are more venomous than snakes,was even told some snake get their venom from scorpions��, fast forward to my research days in the university, working on knowing how different snakes neurotoxic venoms breaks down the human nervous system, Hemotoxins breaks down the Circulatory system and the Myotoxins breaks down the muscular system,I work with some of the most venomous venoms you can ever think of,

By the end of my research work,I came up with what I called the 3 biggest lies I was told while growing up
1.We are the leaders of tomorrow

2.Nigeria 1 vs India 99

3.Scorpions are more venomous than snakes.

But that's not the most worrisome part of my research findings o,the most worrisome part is, more than 95% of our tertiary health Care institutions (teaching hospitals and federal medical centres),don't have antivenin for different species of snakes readily available in case of snake bite emergencies, so pls let's stay safe out there pls.

2 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Picker28: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ooh shit
This is big
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by yyba: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
realstars:
Is it for food?
no it is for drinks
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Gandollar:
Do you know that story is actually fiction? Asin, it never happened?

Well, according to the fictional story, the devil still used it.

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Adol84: 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
In Igbo language, it's called 'echi eteka'. It grinds it's teeth seven times before striking. And its venom is very deadly and incurable.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by MrMacinterchi1: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
this snake is very fat and short. and wicked too
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by AerialMapper: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mercychen:

Hope you didn't eat it.

I know vipers are very deadly.

Once you get rid of the head, it is pretty much edible. Not that I support the indiscriminate killing and eating of wildlife.

However, that head should be buried deep or burnt, it can kill even when detached from the body

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by BrainSanitizer: 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
Elzazzi:
Earlier today in one of the lodges in the environs of federal university Otuoke Bayelsa state, this venomous reptile known as the Gaboon Viper was killed. A student almost stepped on it before he was alerted and we killed it. Besides this is the hometown of Ex President Goodluck Jonathan. cool
Oo na wah for you oo.
What has that got to do with the snake?

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Gandollar(f): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Well, according to the fictional story, the devil still used it.
Abii nau
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Dreadshy: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nairaland and snake na 5 and 6
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Bamzyriches451: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Very dangerous
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Danielkelly: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
It would have bruised you heels but you crushe it head to fufillment
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

Calm down. They are potent but rarely bite. As they are very sluggish and unwilling to move even when a human approaches them..
Go and approach them na grin

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by freshalien: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Snakes, very irritating creatures, no wonder the devil chose to use it. angry

Hope you know the garden of eden story never happened? Was just a part of the creation story cooked up by the Jews to explain their understanding of the origin of the world.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Xbs1: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Elshaddai
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by ayenale1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Run for anything viper...
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by okoroemeka(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This is one of the most lethal snakes on earth.

Very deadly.
a living, breathing anti personnel land mine,one step, KABOOM,the snake with the longest fangs in the world,very very dangerous,a hunter was bitten on the hands while digging for bush rats around our farm,after one week they simply have to amputate the arm to save the man and also the arm was dissolving and melting off like butter in sunlight.

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mancrossfire:
How dangerous is this snake?

That’s death!

If it strikes, it’s the end. Only a miracle in an advanced country can save you.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Hapinex01: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
These one bite person once, in seconds the person don go
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by themanderon: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
When these kinds of venomous snakes are killed the head should be decapitated and burnt or buried for safe measures. People are known to have been killed hours after they thought they had killed these kinds of snakes as they have heat pits that remain active hours after the snake itself has been killed. These heat sensors react on impulse and bite killing their victims.
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by OdenKelechi(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lol...i wonder if that last piece of information was necessary...Wetin concern us if that na Goodluck Jonathan hometown
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mancrossfire:
extremely dangerous. Slow, stays in one place most times, hardly bites,even when carried, but if you over threatened it, na one hand, without immediate attention, na death, on most cases
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Zagee: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
A puff adder shocked, make una they sharp for that school oh, cuz this guy is a sharp guy, mortality rate from a bite is high oh!

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Slurity(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
What is relationship between the snake and hometown of the ex-president?

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mancrossfire:
Very very dangerous and aggressive. It also camouflage
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Corroro: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Omo, what a venomous snake
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Kfed4ril(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mancrossfire:

One of the most venomous snakes ever, it’s venom can kill a grown man in less than 30 minutes
Re: Gaboon Viper Killed At The Federal University Otuoke (Pictures) by Teenaira: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Elzazzi:
Earlier today in one of the lodges in the environs of federal university Otuoke Bayelsa state, this venomous reptile known as the Gaboon Viper was killed. A student almost stepped on it before he was alerted and we killed it. Besides this is the hometown of Ex President Goodluck Jonathan. cool

I am very sure you people did not eat this snake because it is venomous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Educated Countries In The World - 2023 (Photos) / August Holidays: My Friend's Children Scattering His Sitting Room (Photos) / Serial Killers Reveal 10 Jeffery Dahmer The Moyawaki Cannibal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.