Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup (234 Views)

Ronaldo Bans Mother From Watching Football After She Fainted Twice In Stadium / Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Usain Bolt Retires From Football After Two Matches! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup by Nomorelove: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
The Brazilian international football Superstar Neymar Jr. says he will be playing his last international games with Brazil as he does not have the strength to handle more football roles.

The 29 year old revealed this on Sunday to Newsmen.

The PSG forward has played two World cups for his country and is currently the second highest goal scorer of all time behind Pele, and Neymar will be 34 during the 2026 World Cup tournaments.

Neymar said he was giving the 2022 World Cup his best shot to win it for his country, adding that it has been his life’s dream.

He played in the 2014 World Cup and scored four goals on home soil.

During the 2014 World Cup, he suffered a back injury before Brazil were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the Semi finals and during the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Brazil were knocked out by Belgium in the Quarter finals.

Neymar’s international medals have been limited to the 2013 Confederations Cup and an Olympic gold medal in Rio in 2016.

He was ruled out by injury in the 2019 Copa America won by Brazil as well as the 2021 Copa America, which was won by Argentina as they faced Brazil in the final.

Brazil are comfortably placed in the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers and looks likely to be in the 2022 World Cup hosted by Qatar as they have won all nine of their qualifiers games.

https://gistrite.com.ng/11-world-2022-neymar-moves-to-retire-from-international-football-after-2022-world-cup
Re: Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup by Bigredmachine: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
No the title should be Injury set to retire from international football after 2022 world cup
Re: Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup by MangekyoAlt: 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Poor journalism

"I think it (2022) will be my last World Cup," Neymar said. "I am facing it like the last World Cup because I don't know whether I will be able to, mentally, to endure more soccer."

"I will do everything possible to get there very well. I will do all I can to win it with my country and realize my dream, the biggest since my boyhood."
- Neymar Jr
Re: Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup by Nomorelove: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
Poor journalism

- Neymar Jr
Is that what I posted?
Re: Neymar Set To Retire From International Football After 2022 World Cup by orohbiro(f): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2021
At d age of 41 zlantan will be playing at is last but 30yrs neymar has already giving up undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Four Fastest Players To Hit 50 English Premier League Goals For One Club / Lets Make Football Betting A Business / Highlights Of Bayelsa United Defeating CS Sfaxien Of Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.