Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Tesla To Pay $137 Million To Former Employee For Racist Slurs - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tesla To Pay $137 Million To Former Employee For Racist Slurs (176 Views)

Decagon Raises $1.5 Million To Train Software Engineers In Nigeria / Tesla To Soon Get Netflix, Youtube Streaming Support: Elon Musk / BP Teams Up With Tesla To Venture Into Battery Storage For Windfarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tesla To Pay $137 Million To Former Employee For Racist Slurs by Humbrown23(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
One employee, who was hired by Tesla in 2015 through a recruiting agency, had to hear derogatory words about him, such as "go back to Africa" and face racist graffiti in toilets and on his desk.

A few days ago, his lawyer claimed that the case was only won because Diaz hadn't signed one of Tesla's binding arbitration agreements.

� These agreements require employees to resolve disagreements behind closed doors, rather than bring them up for public discussion.

Re: Tesla To Pay $137 Million To Former Employee For Racist Slurs by Manq(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
There was a time I was on IT training at firstbank.. one senior staff asked me a question about my school and I replied, only for me to hear "see this one that's just wasting his parents money in a private school".. just like that oo..

Another one was his cubicle partner, that one said why would I put on a red tie on a wine red shirt Like I receive clothing allowance..

I wish I was paid when I reported them

(1) (Reply)

Automated Personalised Comments (bluerain Software Offline Report Cards) / Local Geeks Help / Sourcing For Workshop With Surface Roughness Tester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.