Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

"I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" (179 Views)

Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board / Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" by plethora007: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2021
Leo Messi ceased to be a Barcelona player after LaLiga did not give Barcelona the go-ahead to process his new contract. It exceeded the club's financial limits. Joan Laporta, the president, even thought the Argentine might have offered to play for free, a fanciful idea that Eduard Romeu, the economic vice-president, views favourably.

"I am just as deluded as the president, yes. It's very legitimate what Messi has done, it's not a criticism. But, seeing all the inconveniences they put in our way and with the effort the club was making, I thought he could play for free. Why shouldn't LaLiga accept it? It's very legitimate that a player could make this act of affection for a club, for some colours," he said in an interview with 'TV3'.

He was also asked about another important monetary aspect, the sponsor that will occupy the centre of the Barcelona shirt next season. Rakuten's contract ends in June. "We don't look at the current value, but at the pre-pandemic. Whoever wants to wear the name on the shirt has to pay for it," he said.

On the great expense that the board is facing to be able to take on the 'Espai Barça', promoted during Josep Maria Bartomeu's time, he explained: "It is a project that will only be paid for with extraordinary income. It will not generate extra costs for the club, but will bring in new resources thanks to the exploitation of the space.

Re: "I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 12, 2021
enough of this messi messi messi, abi ewo ni oshi
Re: "I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2021
You don't value what you got until you loose it...even laliga is regretting their action
Re: "I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" by CandyOps(m): 7:50am On Oct 12, 2021
CR7 is still the GOAT

1 Like

Re: "I'm As Deluded As The President, I Thought Messi Could Play For Free" by OJEEMAH(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Get Up To 10,000 Bonus When You Deposit Every Thursday! / The Future Of Man United / Champions League Tonight On Naijabet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.