Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet (200 Views)

Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts / Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / My People Be Careful Of Xiaomi Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet by peacekante: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
So I went to the Bank to make carry out a transaction. While I was with the customer care service section, an aged woman of say late 70s came to make a compliant. According to her, she sent money to a particular account and immediately she sent the money, the recipient of the money blocked her. She also said she sent the money through a POS operator. The costumer service personal were struggling to understand what she was saying because she struggle to construct a good English or pidgin. So I asked her what really happened. Then still struggling with English she told me one of her friends that is based in PH city sent a link she can click and apply for loan. She clicked the link and it took her to a whatsapp group where she was told to pay money for her to qualify to get loan.

Cut story short, she paid ten thousand naira to the account given to her through POS. And since she paid the money, the owner of the account blocked her reason she came to the bank so they can return her money. The customer service attendants told her that they wouldn't be able to return the money to her because it was sent through a POS. While she was struggling to understand what the attendants was saying, I and other costumers had to tell her that she has been scammed. She started rolling on the floor crying. Well, I had to ask her how much it was she was scammed and she said 10,000 naira. There I transfer the money to her account and other people followed suit but made her to promise never to go on the internet looking for loans again. At the end of the day, over 40,000 was raised for her by other customers.

Please teach your aged parent how to operate smart phone and tell them to beware of fraudsters.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet by TarOrfeeek: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
OP

I am 70 years old. And Buhari just scammed me of N10,000.

I rolling on the ground and my eyes is red.

angry
Re: Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet by tayo60(f): 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
peacekante:
So I went to the Bank to make carry out a transaction. While I was with the customer care service section, an aged woman of say late 70s came to make a compliant. According to her, she sent money to a particular account and immediately she sent the money, the recipient of the money blocked her. She also said she sent the money through a POS operator. The costumer service personal were struggling to understand what she was saying because she struggle to construct a good English or pidgin. So I asked her what really happened. Then still struggling with English she told me one of her friends that is based in PH city sent a link she can click and apply for loan. She clicked the link and it took her to a whatsapp group where she was told to pay money for her to qualify to get loan.

Cut story short, she paid ten thousand naira to the account given to her through POS. And since she paid the money, the owner of the account blocked her reason she came to the bank so they can return her money. The customer service attendants told her that they wouldn't be able to return the money to her because it was sent through a POS. While she was struggling to understand what the attendants was saying, I and other costumers had to tell her that she has been scammed. She started rolling on the floor crying. Well, I had to ask her how much it was she was scammed and she said 10,000 naira. There I transfer the money to her account and other people followed suit but made her to promise never to go on the internet looking for loans again. At the end of the day, over 40,000 was raised for her by other customers.

Please teach your aged parent how to operate smart phone and tell them to beware of fraudsters.
U are a good man. May you be blessed more abundantly IJN

2 Likes

Re: Tell Your Age Parents To Be Careful Of Fraudsters On The Internet by dan9ice(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Op your head they there
Our set of generation can be scam easily. With the way we're all engaged in this social stuff

I'll never click any link on social (whatsapp and co) media that has to do with payment

(1) (Reply)

. / Imagine 1gb Data For #230 Only / 20W Fast Charge Power Adapter For Iphone 11 And 12 Pro Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.