Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith (450 Views)

Is There Any Difference Between "Thanksgiving Offering And Testimony Offering" ? / Prayer Of Thanksgiving And Mercy For The Month Of July. / Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith by KaideeGee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Holy Spirit take charge, let your will be done gloriously. Sanctify us unto you. Feed us with your word and make us bear fruit to your glory. Amen.
Re: The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith by KaideeGee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Philippians 4:6
[6]Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
Re: The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith by KaideeGee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hello fellow disciples, I don't really have much to say today, but I believe today's message is very important in any believers life.
Paul here said "...by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving...".
I feel what the Apostle was essentially saying here is "lest you forget, do not ask from God without thanksgiving". Thanksgiving is an expression of faith. Heb 10- ...Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. When you have faith concerning a request you've made, you are basically saying "I already have it, God has already given me what I asked for" Thus, since you have already received what you requested, the next action to take is to thank the giver. I believe this is a very common social practice.
Fellow Disciples, I hope you all get my point... Through faith you have already received what you asked for, therefore the natural response is thanksgiving.
May God help us to understand this and put it into practice.
Peace.
Re: The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
KaideeGee:
Hello fellow disciples, I don't really have much to say today, but I believe today's message is very important in any believers life.
Paul here said "...by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving...".
I feel what the Apostle was essentially saying here is "lest you forget, do not ask from God without thanksgiving". Thanksgiving is an expression of faith. Heb 10- ...Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. When you have faith concerning a request you've made, you are basically saying "I already have it, God has already given me what I asked for" Thus, since you have already received what you requested, the next action to take is to thank the giver. I believe this is a very common social practice.
Fellow Disciples, I hope you all get my point... Through faith you have already received what you asked for, therefore the natural response is thanksgiving.
May God help us to understand this and put it into practice.
Peace.
These your special interpretations of Paul's doctrines only serve to further shift you away from the Truth of Jesus Christ. My hope is that at some point you realize this and instead seek out the Truth first from the source Himself, Jesus Christ, so you can then better Paul's ideas and were each lies as far as the standard, Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

Following the teachings of Jesus Christ, who even told you in John 5 vs 41 that He does not need praise from you or anyone, there is no direct correlation between your thanksgiving and faith. Yes, there were instances where some who He, Jesus Christ, healed came back to thank Him, but their thanksgiving did not in anyway influence the faith of the one who healed them, Jesus Christ. undecided

It is good to thank God but do not be deceived into believing your thanksgiving honors God. What honors God is your obedience of His teachings and commandments. . undecided
Re: The Connection Between Thanksgiving And Faith by KaideeGee(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
These your special interpretations of Paul's doctrines only serve to further shift you away from the Truth of Jesus Christ. My hope is that at some point you realize this and instead seek out the Truth first from the source Himself, Jesus Christ, so you can then better Paul's ideas and were each lies as far as the standard, Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

Following the teachings of Jesus Christ, who even told you in John 5 vs 41 that He does not need praise from you or anyone, there is no direct correlation between your thanksgiving and faith. Yes, there were instances where some who He, Jesus Christ, healed came back to thank Him, but their thanksgiving did not in anyway influence the faith of the one who healed them, Jesus Christ. undecided

It is good to thank God but do not be deceived into believing your thanksgiving honors God. What honors God is your obedience of His teachings and commandments. . undecided

Okay, I've heard. smiley

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: See The Moment Ondo Residents Fight Over 'angel Michael' Cloth That F / BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Pastor Dies 3 Weeks To 50th Birthday [PHOTO] / A Man Wearing Charms In Bank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.