Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 (1065 Views)

You Can Now Play Your Pc Games Using A Ps4 Controller Wireless / I Need A Ps4 For Sale Budget 40k / Need A PS4 Slim Unhacked At A Reasonable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2021
So guys, hope we all good and we all enjoying our consoles and the amazing games being released and for those intending to purchase one pay close attention to this,
There is a new Scamming Technique in Town now , with the use of a ps4, would tell you my personal experience for better understanding and would kindly request others share their experiences too so we can all learn from

So before I got my current console, I went to Jiji to look out for a ps4 to buy, saw a couple of them , but saw one for 120k , ps4 slim 2 controllers and 2 Game cd's fifa 20 and GTA V, I called the guy apparently he's in Kaduna , he sent me videos of the console and pictures and said I should send money, I laughed and said I can't do that , less I forget I'm in Lagos, so I told him we should meet half way, he went to the bus park , peace mass transit, did a live video of the park, the Game being packaged for transport and all and sent me a number that it's the drivers number, called the number and the guy identified himself as the driver and he's last stop is charity Oshodi, for those familiar with Lagos you should know Oshodi, I sent 10k , as requested for logistics cost and upfront payment, after some ours I called him to know if the driver has moved he said yes, after like 2 hrs I called again but it was showing line busy, at that point I suspected something fishy, I used my Aunt phone to call, it rang immediately he heard my voice he put off the phone, bottom line I was scammed of 10k, this happened in may though I got my PS4 from a friend in Lagos the next week.

Initially I thought well it's a one off thing, not until recently I saw an ad of ps5 250k on Jiji I think the ad is still there currently so we all can check it out, owner put Abuja as his location, I called and he said he's at Abuja, and requested for upfront payment just like the last guy did, I declined, now I'm more experienced, I then told my friend to call that number and act like he too wants to buy the game and claim he stays at Abuja kubwa, he called the number and immediately my friend mentioned he's currently at Abuja , the guy said he's in Lagos, I was shocked , later in the day like 4pm I called him and told him that I'm taking a night bus to Abuja, which obviously I'm not , this happened yesterday night though so I'm still on it, would call him this. Morning and tell him let's meet at wuse , I'm anxious to know his response,

My advice and point is from this two experiences and From others I've heard , people post ps4 pictures online with a fair price and claim they aren't at your current location and request for delivery fee to send the game, don't be deceived by pictures and live videos, cause they can use it to scam 100 people,

Guys let's be careful, please would be looking for us to share our experiences let's make this hit frontpage , cause it would help us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by money121(m): 7:15am On Oct 13, 2021
Ok
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2021
Don't purchase anything online unless on physical verification b4 cash payment. Test the product severally.

There is no Peace Mass Transit in Kaduna.

Unless established recently. Peace no dey cross Abuja b4.

2 Likes

Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
Don't purchase anything online unless on physical verification b4 cash payment. Test the product severally.

There is no Peace Mass Transit in Kaduna.

Unless established recently. Peace no dey cross Abuja b4.

I didn't even know no peace mass in Kaduna, didn't do research, And you 100 correct no payment before delivery, especially for stuffs like this, console might be faulty e.t.c , most people go to Jiji to look for a console to buy and issues like this always come up
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2021
Realteeyee123:

I didn't even know no peace mass in Kaduna, didn't do research, And you 100 correct no payment before delivery, especially for stuffs like this, console might be faulty e.t.c , most people go to Jiji to look for a console to buy and issues like this always come up

I once made a purchase via Konga.

I insisted on physical payment on delivery.

Item arrived, I went to pick it up with cash. They said I can't open it, but I have seen the item. I paid, got home, it was a toy.

They set up almost impossible procedures for me to surmount in order to get a refund, i met all and got my refund.

Since then, I don't mind travelling long distances, or from any part of the country to another, just to buy an item.

Highest I spend N20k on transport.
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

I once made a purchase via Konga.

I insisted on physical payment on delivery.

Item arrived, I went to pick it up with cash. They said I can't open it, but I have seen the item. I paid, got home, it was a toy.

They set up almost impossible procedures for me to surmount in order to get a refund, i met all and got my refund.

Since then, I don't mind travelling long distances, or from any part of the country to another, just to buy an item.

Highest I spend N20k on transport.

Same here, I hate paying before delivery cause of the experiences I've had in the past, i recently ordered a PS4 controller on jumia and I did the pay on delivery method, can't just pay before delivery again.
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by AyarmBoye(m): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
You saw that package for 120k and you think u hit the jackpot.....its obvious it was a scam... I’m sure ur current ps4 cost u more than 120k... I sell on jiji too.... people from far away send me full money (over 200k ) eg typicalgamer and I sent his items....But u are right ,, it doesn’t hurt to be very careful ....
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
AyarmBoye:
You saw that package for 120k and you think u hit the jackpot.....its obvious it was a scam... I’m sure ur current ps4 cost u more than 120k... I sell on jiji too.... people from far away send me full money (over 200k ) eg typicalgamer and I sent his items....But u are right ,, it doesn’t hurt to be very careful ....

You right ooo 140k with one controller and it's a phat, had to buy another controller and games , gaming now is really expensive ooo.

It's no longer cheap like before, it's now and expensive hobby

1 Like

Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
AyarmBoye:

Yours is a special case, you tested and trusted
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by AyarmBoye(m): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Realteeyee123:

You right ooo 140k with one controller and it's a phat, had to buy another controller and games , gaming now is really expensive ooo.

It's no longer cheap like before, it's now and expensive hobby
thanks to dollars.... and mine is 135k grin.... you see that I’m no greedy
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by AyarmBoye(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Realteeyee123:

Yours is a special case, you tested and trusted
thats tested and trusted made my day... meanwhile I have games o ... patronize me
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
AyarmBoye:
thats tested and trusted made my day... meanwhile I have games o ... patronize me

Wow, didn't know that I just replaced my 500gig with a 1tb hardrive, and I want 18 games

1 Fifa 20 (43Gb) ✅

2.) Red dead redemption 2 ✅

3.) Mortal kombat 11 Ultimate ✅

4.) Gta V ( 76Gb) ✅

5.) Crash Team racing nitro-fueled ✅

6.) Uncharted 4 ✅

7.) God of war ✅

8.) Marvel Spider man ✅

*Already have all these 8 Games installed*

*New Games to be gotten*

*The ones marked Green are compulsory if they isn't any space , delete only Resident Evil 2 Remake please*

9.) Call of Duty WW2 ✅

10.) Ghost of Tsushima ✅

11.) Assassins creed Valhalla ✅

12.) The Last of Us 2 ✅

13.) Uncharted Collection ✅

14.) Horizon zero dawn ✅

15.) Spider man Miles Morales ✅

16.) Pes 2021✅

17.) Formula 1 2021 or 2020 ✅

18.) *Resident Evil 2 Remake or Last of Us Remastered* But I prefer the Last of Us 2 remastered though
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by AyarmBoye(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
Realteeyee123:

Wow, didn't know that I just replaced my 500gig with a 1tb hardrive, and I want 18 games

1 Fifa 20 (43Gb) ✅

2.) Red dead redemption 2 ✅

3.) Mortal kombat 11 Ultimate ✅

4.) Gta V ( 76Gb) ✅

5.) Crash Team racing nitro-fueled ✅

6.) Uncharted 4 ✅

7.) God of war ✅

8.) Marvel Spider man ✅

*Already have all these 8 Games installed*

*New Games to be gotten*

*The ones marked Green are compulsory if they isn't any space , delete only Resident Evil 2 Remake please*

9.) Call of Duty WW2 ✅

10.) Ghost of Tsushima ✅

11.) Assassins creed Valhalla ✅

12.) The Last of Us 2 ✅

13.) Uncharted Collection ✅

14.) Horizon zero dawn ✅

15.) Spider man Miles Morales ✅

16.) Pes 2021✅

17.) Formula 1 2021 or 2020 ✅

18.) *Resident Evil 2 Remake or Last of Us Remastered* But I prefer the Last of Us 2 remastered though
i actually meant disks...... but no problems...... I also install games at 1500 per game... all available
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by miclef86(m): 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
Realteeyee123:
So guys, hope we all good and we all enjoying our consoles and the amazing games being released and for those intending to purchase one pay close attention to this,
There is a new Scamming Technique in Town now , with the use of a ps4, would tell you my personal experience for better understanding and would kindly request others share their experiences too so we can all learn from

So before I got my current console, I went to Jiji to look out for a ps4 to buy, saw a couple of them , but saw one for 120k , ps4 slim 2 controllers and 2 Game cd's fifa 20 and GTA V, I called the guy apparently he's in Kaduna , he sent me videos of the console and pictures and said I should send money, I laughed and said I can't do that , less I forget I'm in Lagos, so I told him we should meet half way, he went to the bus park , peace mass transit, did a live video of the park, the Game being packaged for transport and all and sent me a number that it's the drivers number, called the number and the guy identified himself as the driver and he's last stop is charity Oshodi, for those familiar with Lagos you should know Oshodi, I sent 10k , as requested for logistics cost and upfront payment, after some ours I called him to know if the driver has moved he said yes, after like 2 hrs I called again but it was showing line busy, at that point I suspected something fishy, I used my Aunt phone to call, it rang immediately he heard my voice he put off the phone, bottom line I was scammed of 10k, this happened in may though I got my PS4 from a friend in Lagos the next week.

Initially I thought well it's a one off thing, not until recently I saw an ad of ps5 250k on Jiji I think the ad is still there currently so we all can check it out, owner put Abuja as his location, I called and he said he's at Abuja, and requested for upfront payment just like the last guy did, I declined, now I'm more experienced, I then told my friend to call that number and act like he too wants to buy the game and claim he stays at Abuja kubwa, he called the number and immediately my friend mentioned he's currently at Abuja , the guy said he's in Lagos, I was shocked , later in the day like 4pm I called him and told him that I'm taking a night bus to Abuja, which obviously I'm not , this happened yesterday night though so I'm still on it, would call him this. Morning and tell him let's meet at wuse , I'm anxious to know his response,

My advice and point is from this two experiences and From others I've heard , people post ps4 pictures online with a fair price and claim they aren't at your current location and request for delivery fee to send the game, don't be deceived by pictures and live videos, cause they can use it to scam 100 people,

Guys let's be careful, please would be looking for us to share our experiences let's make this hit frontpage , cause it would help us all

I almost fell prey for that guy in Kaduna that particular time too. What made me suspicious that it's not legit first and foremost was that he didn't put his complete pix on WhatsApp number that we were chatting, he used pix showing from chest downward with comouflage trouser.

Secondly, I said we should do a video call when in the park he sent me a video when he was in a park at night time.I asked why was the environment dark, he said it was raining heavily there. I then said let's do video call again he said he has left there cause of the rain.

He later sent me text containing the details of the PS4 that he has waybill (according to him). Telling me to pay half of the payment which I refused and I told him to tell the delivery agent that he should not give me the PS4 until he confirm alert...he got angry and blocked me.
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
miclef86:

I almost fell prey for that guy in Kaduna that particular time too. What made me suspicious that it's not legit first and foremost was that he didn't put his complete pix on WhatsApp number that we were chatting, he used pix showing from chest downward with comouflage trouser.

Secondly, I said we should do a video call when in the park he sent me a video when he was in a park at night time.I asked why was the environment dark, he said it was raining heavily there. I then said let's do video call again he said he has left there cause of the rain.

He later sent me text containing the details of the PS4 that he has waybill (according to him). Telling me to pay half of the payment which I refused and I told him to tell the delivery agent that he should not give me the PS4 until he confirm alert...he got angry and blocked me.

He's the one ooo, you lucky ooo he scammed me of 10k oooo, he's the same person oooo, aaah the thing pain me ooo, my own when I asked for a video call he told me he's phone battery is low, I didn't really suspect him like that , my mistake, one wants to do same he's at Abuja check jiji for a ps5 at 250k at Abuja he's the person, I'm using him to catch cruise. he's not seen anything yet ooo
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by suffering: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2021
If I don't buy it off a shelf then I'm not ready. Nigerians have found ways to rubbish online shopping. The country is not evolved yet to handle the innovation.
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by HillaryNelo(m): 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
My own nah jst 1k. So e no pain me like dat, make he chop am i dnt blame him dis country hard.
Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by jFrankNorfleet: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
H

Re: New Scamming Technique In Town Using A PS4 by Realteeyee123(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
jFrankNorfleet:
H

Nice one he's a scammer, don't pay any money to him ooo

(1) (Reply)

Fifa 2008 Ps3 Game Dvd For Sale / Ps3 Usable In Nigeria? / FIFA 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.