Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Whole30, Day 7: Some Observations - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whole30, Day 7: Some Observations (133 Views)

Queen Elizabeth's Funeral Service: Observations And Lessons For Africans / Appreciation; Sharing Experiences And Observations Encountered On Nairaland. / STOG Mass Choir Academy Marathon Praise Day 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whole30, Day 7: Some Observations by muskanmuffleit: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2021
1.) I am just plain tired of eggs. I have eaten eggs for breakfast for seven days and look forward to day 31 of this challenge when I can have my beloved Cheerios back. You can keep the peanut butter and flour and dairy; just give me the Cheerios. (I did not expect to be wanting Cheerios. I expected to be pissed about the lack of dairy or doughnuts, not the Cheerios, which are basically the blandest food ever. Oh, Cheerios. I miss you.)
2.) Spices make a ton of difference. It’s fun experimenting with different combinations. Tuesday I made tilapia with Italian seasoning and chili powder and it was heavenly. I don’t know what I used before I was forced to think outside the box. Salt and pepper, maybe? If I take nothing away from the Whole30 challenge it’s this: spices are good and it’s okay to use them. The drawback: there is no dairy to take the edge off of when someone’s gotten a little heavy-handed with the cayenne pepper.
3.) I’m not hungry throughout the day. I fully expected to be starving during this challenge but that has not been the case at all. I’m still eating about the same number of calories as I was before but these calories are packed with vitamins and minerals and stuff instead of just the calcium from a cheese stick. Does that make a difference? I don’t know. Maybe it’s all mental.
4.) There is a difference between grass-finished beef and regular Albertson’s beef. GRASS-FINISHED BEEF KICKS ASS. I can’t taste much of a difference between organic chicken and regular chicken, but the beef? Pfft. It’s so much better.
5.) My jeans are looser in the thigh and butt. So stinking happy about that.
6.) I quit smoking on January 31st, and holy dang I smell awesome. My hair smells great, and our car smells great, and my laundry detergent smells great. My nose is very happy I quit smoking. Probably my lungs are, too. I don’t know if I’ll start again. That seems like a lot of pressure. One day at a time, okay?
read more-good robot names
whole30, day 6: what we eat
I researched the Whole30 about two weeks before I started it to know exactly what I was getting myself into. The bottom line: lots of vegetables. Some fruit. Some meat, mostly grass-fed and organic. Good fats, like those found in nuts (not peanuts, which are technically legumes. The more you know!) and avocado. But yeah. Vegetables. Mass amounts of green, leafy goodness.
The resources for recipes are plentiful, and while I was a little ambivalent about the lack of grain or legume in anything, the food is great because it’s fresh, well-prepared, and nutritious.
Wednesday, the start of our Whole30 endeavor, I wanted to start with a bang. I made pork shoulder for dinner, which we ate out of bowls like animals. For lunch the next day I packed us a salad with the leftover pork on top of it. Delicious. Dinner that night was fish with veggies; the next night we had a Mexican dish that consisted of ground-up chicken and spices on top of a bed of crisp lettuce, topped with yummy guacamole. We eat better now than we did when we before, probably because we’re limited and thus forced to be creative.
We’ll go grocery shopping once a week. Fresh food tends to not have the shelf life of processed food. We’ve already gone through two dozen eggs, four heads of broccoli, six bags of salad, a head of cauliflower, and two bags of mini carrots. Despite both of us being sick we manage to have dinner together every night and talk about our day. I like that part. There’s usually enough leftovers for lunch the next day, and even though I used to be opposed to leftovers, these aren’t horrible.
There is lots of prep work involved. I’m taking food from close to its main state and trying to coerce dinner out of it, and that’s kind of difficult when there is no packaged mix telling me exactly which methods to employ. I have found many recipes online (thanks, Google) but I’m not used to using recipes for every. single. dinner I prepare. It’s a big adjustment, but hopefully an adjustment that’s worth it.
keep read-[url=https://oblivionmovie.com/face-slimming-exercises/]face sliming exercise[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Veegil Word Of The Day / Professional Home Tutor Near You With Acies-global / PMP Certification In Bangalore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.