Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Understanding The Crisis In The South East... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding The Crisis In The South East... (249 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis / Buhari In Kaduna To Meet With Stakeholders From The Areas Affected By The Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Crisis In The South East... by Redcrafton: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2021
The recent crisis in the south east of Nigeria have been largely blamed on the banned IPOB group, but this group have consistently denied any involvement in the killings there.

Also recently, senator Abaribe has stated that there are about 30 pro agitation group in the region.

I have done a little search and found these groups.

The issue here is that many people only know IPOB, so this piece is to educate more people in understanding the complex nature of what could be happening in the SE.

Personally, I will advocate dialogue in resolving the issues as the groups are agitating for the same thing.

With Justice, equity and fairness, peace will reign.

List of some of the groups....

Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB,
Eastern Peoples’ Congress (EPC),
Biafra United Liberation Council (BULCO),
Joint Revolutionary Council of Biafra (JRCB),
Igbo Hebrew Cultural Restoration
Biafra Actualization and Defence Squad.
Biafra Revolutionary Organization (BRO),
Biafra Liberation Crusade (BLC),
Salvation Peoples of Biafra,
Ekwenche Organization,
Biafra Peace Corps,
BILLIE Human Rights Initiatives
Igbozurume Organization.
IPOB
Biafra Zion Movement (BZM)
Biafra Independent Movement )BIM)
Baifra Nations Youth league ) BNYL)
Biafra Zionist Federation (BZF)
Re: Understanding The Crisis In The South East... by davinchecodes(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2021
Redcrafton:
The recent crisis in the south east of Nigeria have been largely blamed on the banned IPOB group, but this group have consistently denied any involvement in the killings there.

Also recently, senator Abaribe has stated that there are about 30 pro agitation group in the region.

I have done a little search and found these groups.

The issue here is that many people only know IPOB, so this piece is to educate more people in understanding the complex nature of what could be happening in the SE.

Personally, I will advocate dialogue in resolving the issues as the groups are agitating for the same thing.

With Justice, equity and fairness, peace will reign.

List of some of the groups....

Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB,
Eastern Peoples’ Congress (EPC),
Biafra United Liberation Council (BULCO),
Joint Revolutionary Council of Biafra (JRCB),
Igbo Hebrew Cultural Restoration
Biafra Actualization and Defence Squad.
Biafra Revolutionary Organization (BRO),
Biafra Liberation Crusade (BLC),
Salvation Peoples of Biafra,
Ekwenche Organization,
Biafra Peace Corps,
BILLIE Human Rights Initiatives
Igbozurume Organization.
IPOB
Biafra Zion Movement (BZM)
Biafra Independent Movement )BIM)
Baifra Nations Youth league ) BNYL)
Biafra Zionist Federation (BZF)

Biafra liberation front (BLF)
Biafra motherland warriors (BMW)
Biafra defense front (BDF)

They are many like over 100 groups
Re: Understanding The Crisis In The South East... by Redcrafton: 10:59am On Oct 13, 2021
davinchecodes:

Biafra liberation front (BLF)
Biafra motherland warriors (BMW)
Biafra defense front (BDF)

They are many like over 100 groups

That's what I am saying...

Almost everybody is pointing at IPOB, but others could be involved.

I pray the FG should do everything possible to reduce the tension as it could get out of hand quickly.

There is nothing wrong in setting up a federal panel to look at the issues, even in short term.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: I Will Unlock The Agro Potentials Of The State Says AAC Candidate / IS IFEANYI CHIJIOKE USING ELOMBAH NEWS TO INCITE WAR BETWEEN IGBO & SOUTH SOUTH? / For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.