Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? (618 Views)

What Causes This Stain In Pants? (Photos) / Natural Methods Of Treating Women's Yeast Infection / Girl With Severe Bow Legs Can't Wait To Dance After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by srrrr(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
I overused my phone and computer 2 months ago, so I developed eye stain. This has happened to me b4 like 4 times, but it wore off after 1 to 2 weeks of not operating my phone.
This one is worse. I can't look at my phone or laptop for more than 5 minutes without feeling pains at the back of my eyes.
I've gone to 2 eye clinics. The first one gave me a glass that magnifies text a little, didn't work. The other gave me a photochromic glass, didn't work.
I've tried blinking multiple times, worked a little. 20/20/20 is not possible, because I can't even look at my screen continuously for up to 3 minutes not to talk about 20 minutes. Eye exercise didn't work either. I stopped looking at screen for one week, then 3 weeks, didn't work.
Twilight app helped reduced my previous eye strain, but not this one.
I don't know if reading glasses or computer glasses will work. Some people told me to stop looking at screen for the next 3 months so my eyes can heal, but I'm a programmer so that's not an option. I don't have any other eye issue apart from this one. No photophobia or myopia.
Pls any advice is welcome.
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by Thmaartentrends: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
Get anti UV Ray glasses..
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by srrrr(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thmaartentrends:
Get anti UV Ray glasses..

That's photochromic glass. Didn't work.

I later found out that phone does not emit uv light, so it's really useless in this case. Except the fact that it has a green tint, that helps reduce blue light, but twilight and other blue light filter apps can do the job also.
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
Dey use uri
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by srrrr(m): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Dey use uri
What is uri?
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by Margaretola(f): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2021
You can have a free online session with a doctor here
https://cribmd.com/
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by celestialAgent(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2021
Buy tears natural eye drop; It helped me. Also, always go with dark screen mode and ensure true tone is always on.
Lastly, invest on screen/monitor with eye treatment.
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by infostemcenter(f): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
You can have a free consultation with a eye doctor here - eyes stain stem cell therapy
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by srrrr(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2021
celestialAgent:
Buy tears natural eye drop; It helped me. Also, always go with dark screen mode and ensure true tone is always on.
Lastly, invest on screen/monitor with eye treatment.
Sorry for the late reply. Is the name of the eye drop 'Tears', or just the type. The one I've been using is Thea Efemoline. It worked a little sha, but it's finished.

I'm not used to dark mode, so I use blue light filter app and dim my screen to near low.
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by celestialAgent(m): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2021
srrrr:

Sorry for the late reply. Is the name of the eye drop 'Tears', or just the type. The one I've been using is Thea Efemoline. It worked a little sha, but it's finished.

I'm not used to dark mode, so I use blue light filter app and dim my screen to near low.
"Tears Naturale", that's the name.
The blue filter is okay, but getting used to dark mode might mean you may never have to bother about the eye drop again.
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by daniellzz: 1:45am On Mar 10
[quote author=srrrr post=106712770]I overused my phone and computer 2 months ago, so I developed eye stain. This has happened to me b4 like 4 times, but it wore off after 1 to 2 weeks of not operating my phone.
This one is worse. I can't look at my phone or laptop for more than 5 minutes without feeling pains at the back of my eyes.
I've gone to 2 eye clinics. The first one gave me a glass that magnifies text a little, didn't work. The other gave me a photochromic glass, didn't work.
I've tried blinking multiple times, worked a little. 20/20/20 is not possible, because I can't even look at my screen continuously for up to 3 minutes not to talk about 20 minutes. Eye exercise didn't work either. I stopped looking at screen for one week, then 3 weeks, didn't work.
Twilight app helped reduced my previous eye strain, but not this one.

I don't know if reading glasses or computer glasses will work. Some people told me to stop looking at screen for the next 3 months so my eyes can heal, but I'm a programmer so that's not an option. I don't have any other eye issue apart from this one. No photophobia or myopia.
Pls any advice is welcome. Did u find any solution? I've similar issue for more than a year, can't look at my phone for a min
Re: Is there a way of treating Severe Eye Stain? by srrrr(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13
daniellzz:

Pls any advice is welcome. Did u find any solution? I've similar issue for more than a year, can't look at my phone for a min
What phone are you using? I stopped using my phone or laptop for 4 straight months. Neither eye drops nor glasses worked for me. Then, around February 2022, I resumed. I started using dark mode and Night mode filters on my laptop and started following the 20-20-20 rule strictly.

I later discovered that my phone was responsible for the whole thing. Once I started using my phone for some minutes, my eyes would start misbehaving, and then when I looked at my laptop, it would continue. So, it seemed as if my eyes were reacting to the screen, but it was actually my phone screen that started the reaction. I used a Redmi 9. I don't know if my eyes are reacting to the screen of that particular phone. I can't explain it. It doesn't affect me that much when I use other phones, but when I look at my Redmi 9, the pain resumes.

I installed all my main apps on my PC and only used my phone for bank transfers and making calls. Then, around July or August (I think) 2022, I used my phone to watch Stranger Things and House of Dragon (I mean all the episodes). That was one of the biggest mistakes I made in my life. The eye strain came back. I didn't use my phone and laptop for four straight months again.

To cut everything short, I got glasses with blue cut lenses in a hospital, then resumed my stuff. Well, I'm just using the glasses for fashion, not because they do anything special, and I only use them when operating my laptop and phone. I stopped using that Redmi 9, and I only use phones for bank transfers and calls (Just to be on the safe side). My eyes are not as strong as before. That phone really did a lot of damage.

Well, I'll say, stop looking at screens for at least four months, then change your phone or the device that triggered the whole thing, and use dark mode on your laptop. You can also use a blue light filter. Well, sometimes dark mode (black mode) can make the eye strain worse for some people. I think black mode is dangerous, but dark mode is okay. Don't use a program with a black or almost black background and white or bright text. The background should be grey, then the text should be light ash. Just know what works for you. For me, light mode is far better than black mode. Dark mode (grey mode) is the best for me.

Also, at night, don't look at the screen if there is no external light source. Your room brightness should match the brightness of your screen. Also, while outdoors, increase the brightness of your screen to match that of your environment.

You might go to a good eye clinic to get a lens. I think astigmatism increases your chances of experiencing eye strain. The one I use is a blue-cut lens with astigmatism correction. Your eye clinic can provide one that also has an anti-reflective property for you.

(1) (Reply)

NRI Majik Tea / Signs That Show That Blood Is Not Flowing Well In Your Body / Dynace Global Rocenta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.