Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. (18866 Views)

Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart / Davido’s 'A Better Time' Album Hits Over 200m Streams In A Month (Photos) / 'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by MangekyoAlt: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
dyera:
The post says 300 million streams, Op wrote 1 billion streams in topic. Op must have smoked weed before creating this thread.

Meanwhile Davido has quit music to focus on the battle for inheritance of their father's company among the Adeleke siblings.

Your father should take you to school since you're obviously an illiterate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by reversedrolez: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
dyera:
The post says 300 million streams, Op wrote 1 billion streams in topic. Op must have smoked weed before creating this thread.

Meanwhile Davido has quit music to focus on the battle for inheritance of their father's company among the Adeleke siblings.

You have comprehension issues. 300 million streams on AudioMack, but 1 billion streams across all platforms (YouTube, AudioMack, boomplay, Spotify , Apple music, Pandora etc)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by michaellovaldo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
JayCynic:
I'm not trying to hate on Wiz Kid or his achievements, more power to him and it gives me much joy to see an African act going this far. Much Respect to him.

But I've listened to this album from crown to sole, and I can say there's nothing exceptional about it. Lyrically and sonically I can't see what makes it outstanding from your regular Nigerian album. There's 3 or 4 really catchy songs, there's a really good song with Damian Marley and the rest are nothing mind-blowing. There's no solid background to the album, there's no leaning genre, there's no much lyricism. It's just good hype and marketing IMO.

If you want to talk about an excellent afropop wholesome, soulful album with the Nigerian ambience. Go listen to Chike's Boo Of The Booless, this was by far the Best Album of 2020
Lol you are funny...very funny grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by justicechichex: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
royalamour:
Essence made it so. I was surprised that one lad made a post about top 10 songs of 2021 and omitted the song "essence".

I realized he was just a boy.

Essence is a 2020 song though, so he might just be right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Didi2d(m): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wizzy baba, making us proud. Please stay away from drug and women. I no wan hear stories that touch o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by justicechichex: 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
JayCynic:
I'm not trying to hate on Wiz Kid or his achievements, more power to him and it gives me much joy to see an African act going this far. Much Respect to him.

But I've listened to this album from crown to sole, and I can say there's nothing exceptional about it. Lyrically and sonically I can't see what makes it outstanding from your regular Nigerian album. There's 3 or 4 really catchy songs, there's a really good song with Damian Marley and the rest are nothing mind-blowing. There's no solid background to the album, there's no leaning genre, there's no much lyricism. It's just good hype and marketing IMO.

If you want to talk about an excellent afropop wholesome, soulful album with the Nigerian ambience. Go listen to Chike's Boo Of The Booless, this was by far the Best Album of 2020

U be correct guy, u Sabi good music �

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Froshloaded: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
JayCynic:

Cry me a river..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Froshloaded: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cokahot:
Story. It doesn't mean he is rich. YouTube is there. Where artist see funds from na mostly endorsement deals,private biz,that's if it's booming. Few artists have their own clothing line ,designed in their name. Dont be fooled by 1 billion counts,all na wash

I don't get your point..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by OmoAkin85: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
Omo this wiz and tems closeness nowadays, but two look good together just like Beyonce and jay
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Dicedpineappple(f): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
Aidejay:
can't you read. Can't you read??
Rush to comment and end up commenting rubbish. Can't you READ
. grin ...No too vex for the guy..... Commenting rubbish indeed!!

It's the hate...it's distorts his normal sense of reasoning and comprehension

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by enoch273: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
An amazing feat, I'm currently vibing to the MIB album on my oraimo freepod 3, the audio quality, and battery life are just superb.

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Dizu(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
JayCynic:

my brother it is called Grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Xbs1: 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oh
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by babatee90(m): 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
dyera:

1 billion streams overall and 300 million streams on Audio Mack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by seanjy4konji: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oomo ologo 4 G.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Ololadekiniun: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
Davido also hit one billion stream on GOOD TIME ALBUM before one year sef complete but Wizkid dey try Sha congrats G grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by MufasaLion: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
The King himself! Best of 'em all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by MufasaLion: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
globemoney01:
This wizkid internet hype self..

I don't care who you are but you can never even have 1k streams if you were to be an artist! Bitter creature!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by MufasaLion: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2021
Leaforever:

Some of us music jocks said it was the best album wizkid ever made. They called us liars, make we no dey hype the boy. All because of hate. I'm sure they've shut up now. grin
You should've seen the comments on Twitter when Joey Akan called it the best album of 2020. All the music journalists said the same in 2020.

PS - my favourite songs are Roma, piece of me and gyrate.

Lol

Nigerians are used to noise instead of good music. Noise can't take you that far but music with real content will take you beyond!

Wizkid is nobody's mate!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by MufasaLion: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
The fact that he is chill and has no stress is so nice. Doesn't go about ranting and showing off with so much noise.

Wizkid is just a different being. Nigga likes no noise and unnecessary social media rant.

You might be abusing and dragging the nigga online and the nigga might just post something totally irreverent to the matter on his IG. grin grin grin

Man's got no time to reply trolls and haters. His achievements do the talking always!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by totosucker(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
The best album in 2020 is King Ruddy's album
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Lekison(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cokahot:
Story. It doesn't mean he is rich. YouTube is there. Where artist see funds from na mostly endorsement deals,private biz,that's if it's booming. Few artists have their own clothing line ,designed in their name. Dont be fooled by 1 billion counts,all na wash
sense dey far from you...you need help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Emilokoiyawon: 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
There are ONLY two international artists from Africa, Wizkid and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Emilokoiyawon: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
We Nigerians love Wizkid because he is not a noisemaker like Burna.
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Emilokoiyawon: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Pumpumking:
[s]wissskid is actualy my cousin sir.......wer related by bloood & his uncle leaves 3 door away from me here on Pekam, london(TRUE STORY....i swaaaar sir) angry[/s]

Who ask you? Please resist the urge to shalaye!
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by AlmaIganishire: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wizkid making Nigerians proud. The only way to enjoy Made in Lagos album is with the New Oriamo Freepods 3, go and get yours here; https://ng.oraimo.com/products/oraimo-freepods-3-tws-true-wireless-stereo-earbuds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Emilokoiyawon: 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cokahot:
[s]Story. It doesn't mean he is rich. YouTube is there. Where artist see funds from na mostly endorsement deals,private biz,that's if it's booming. Few artists have their own clothing line ,designed in their name. Dont be fooled by 1 billion counts,all na wash[/s]

Poverty is a disease. Go and cure yasef.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Akinfemmy(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
JayCynic:

Oga no spoil chike career oo.

Don't ever compare this dude to wizkid. They're not singing the same genre. If you want to praise chike do so without trying to rubbish someone hardwork. If e easy try enter studio release 1 track if it's nothing expectional. Moreover, you can never tell people what to listen or decide what they'd find entertaining.

If we compare soulful music. I can bet you chike himself won't make it to top 10. He sings nothing expectional.

It's even an insult comparing wizkid to chike who just started his career. If chike get opportunity to get one feature with wizkid. You and i know his life will change forever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by Pumpumking: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Who ask you? Please resist the urge to shalaye!

bro am related to wissskid meaning if u better be nice to me if u want moiney. ...I cann easilys giv u 200 naira if u talk to me nicely!!(no oofeinse) angry
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by TUBLEZ(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2021
zaxbash:
For cheap Instagram followers please contact me
how do I contact u
Re: Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. by cookingsoul(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2021
Who d Bleep is chike ND watdhell is boo of d booless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lil Frosh Efcc Nbo Freestyle / Kirk Anthony Of Smooth FM Is Dead / Who Is Your Favourite On-air Presenter On Lagos Radio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.