Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,457 members, 7,823,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau (4769 Views)

9-year-old Blue Ivy Carter Named Richest Kid, Worth $500million (PHOTOS) / 9-year-old Blue Ivy Reportedly Has Many Grammy Awards Than Shatta Wale Of Ghana / Ramsey Noah The Face Of Blue Band Margarine At Age 8 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Paulplayy: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
����❣️

The blue band boy, real name Chris Kamau became very famous after being put on the face of the blue band tin. At that time he was a very young boy and he didn’t even know the benefits of being put on the face of the blue band tin.

Recently, the Blue band Margarine celebrated its 60 years in the country. It was at this time when many knew the identity of a teen boy who was featured in Margarine’s advert.

Chris Kamau was 11 years by then he appeared on the Blue band pack holding a slice of bread. According to the photo, he was indeed a happy boy as his smiling face could be seen.

At that time the blue band company was looking for someone to put on the blue band tin for advisement. He was so lucky to be chosen as the one to be put on the blue band tin where by he appeared to be happy which expresses how the blue band was of good quality and if any one uses it he or she could be happy as he is......��❤️��

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Authoreety: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Good for him
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by mariahAngel(f): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
What a privilege.
Eating bread with margarine was probably considered luxury back then.

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Torosk1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Seen, next

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tommy589(m): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:
What a privilege.

Did you mean it's luxury now? It was cheap back then that kids can buy without breaking sweat,and it was not the satchet

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cool
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Mummytoo: 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
No B without BB
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Hintona(f): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Blueband used to have a tin? shocked
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Paulplayy: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hintona:

You dey learn work..lol
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Sonnobax15(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
B without BB
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hintona:
Indomie child
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Hintona(f): 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Indomie child

Please I was born in '77

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by sageb: 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mummytoo:
No B without BB
B without BB is like a train without an engine I reminisce those days

3 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Dicedpineappple(f): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
No B without Bb
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hintona:

Please I was born in '77

If I slap you ehn, you this small girl that just started growing breast. undecided angry
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Generalwoodz(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
Good 'ole days
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by proxitaly: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
I didn't eat from this metal tin blueband but
It was my father's sugar tin...

Actually they sang "ihe emebigo mgbe ihe ka'di mma" (a musician sang "everything have spoiled when everything was still good")
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by OssyMalik: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Blue Band Margarine wey gimme pimples back then

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by rhemarhemzy: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mummytoo:
No B without BB
Is like a train without an engine
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Charmingrascal(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
I don old small oo
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by McStoic(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:
What a privilege.

I preferred Planta back then. Children is breakfast time, planta time is *** time , plantaa...mummy love the creamier taste............. Planta it's Plantaa, for that creamier butter taste!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hintona:
confam indomie gen spotted!

grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by mariahAngel(f): 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
McStoic:

I preferred Planta back then. Children is breakfast time, planta time is *** time , plantaa...mummy love the creamier taste............. Planta it's Plantaa, for that creamier butter taste!!

Good memories? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by oglalasioux(m): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
mariahAngel:
What a privilege.

Wasn't luxury back then. In 1986, 10 naira will stock provision for a family of 4 for a month. My mother's salary then was about 185 naira. She was just a primary school teacher. Do the math.

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by onomeabuja: 1:10am On Oct 15, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
If I slap you ehn, you this small girl that just started growing breast. undecided angry
no mind her bro na so our nigeria girls dey lie any how...tomorrow nah she go tell her boyfriend that she's 20yrs where as na 30yrs she be then d man go go sell him piece of land come go pay her bride-price & boooom in 5 years time (she will b 35yrs) na pot belly & bald hair she go get & if d husband ask am wetin de sup, she go come blow another lie say her bald hair was caused as a result of relaxer & her pot belli was as a result of too much good food no knowing na mama d persin keep for house. infact i hardly trust a nigeria girl because if she lie one, i go lie two & na so our friendship de roll gogrin

3 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by sparkyJ: 1:31am On Oct 15, 2021
Hintona:

Indomie Republic!

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by sparkyJ: 1:33am On Oct 15, 2021
McStoic:

Thanks for bringing back the planta butter memories. Old is really cool!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tunjijones(m): 4:54am On Oct 15, 2021
tommy589:

Did you mean it's luxury now? It was cheap back then that kids can buy without breaking sweat,and it was not the satchet

Lie... Butter was for the rich back then hence the phrase "ajebota".

2 Likes

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by daddytime(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2021
The aroma and taste of butters of yore can't be compared with the melted plastic they have around these days.

1 Like

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tommy589(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2021
tunjijones:

Lie... Butter was for the rich back then hence the phrase "ajebota".

You should ask older people around you,the poor back then can afford any canned food they desire.Ajebota was how to describe the educated,their children and their eating habits.They eat lightly, and starts their day with breakfast like slice bread and butter,quacker oats etc
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by Bigfish121(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2021
Back then every Sunday my mum will divide a loaf for me and my siblings. Very lovely
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tunjijones(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2021
tommy589:

You should ask older people around you,the poor back then can afford any canned food they desire.Ajebota was how to describe the educated,their children and their eating habits.They eat lightly, and starts their day with breakfast like slice bread and butter,quacker oats etc

Older people around me? Dude do you know me?

I was already 5 years when Buhari became the head of state.

Butter, sardine and gashia was for the above average class back then. Shey now you can see people send their children to private schools, back then private schools was for the rich.

This days people use gas in their homes, back then gas was for strictly the rich folks, colored TV was for the above average, cable network was for the rich. Back then it was called satellite dish. (The very big dish you see in rich men houses). So dude I was already all grown in the late eighties and early nineties.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramsey Noah Emerges Actor Of The Year / Amber Rose Is A Satanist . . . She Tattoos The Devil's Sign On Her Forehead!!! / Linda Ikeji Turns Down $2m Partnership Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.