Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans (16861 Views)

Ortom Breaks Away From Wike’s Allies, Says ‘I Want Ayu As Chairman’ / Bode George: PDP Must Conduct Fresh Convention If North Picks 2023 Ticket / PDP Northern Caucus Picks Iyorchia Ayu As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by tunjijones(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by aameenn: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
See maturity and wisdom from illiterate north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by LIGHTLOVERSGRAM(f): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
pls lovely people, I'm a young lady of 26yrs and since i can't find any job to do, I'm thinking of going into commercial driving but i don't hav enough cash to go into a reasonable driving school � if anyone can teach me how to drive, i will be very grateful � but i base in ibadan, my no: 08100912859. thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2021
abobote:
He is not very popular

Lol , to this generation of youth right! But the likes of Tinubu and his generation are frighten because they know Ayu.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by 2metrelaurie(m): 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
Former senate president .

bonnyhope:
But this Ayu of a person is not popular na

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Gbajure(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
ItsTutsi:
By Dirisu Yakubu – Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/breaking-ayu-emerges-pdps-consensus-national-chairmanship-candidate/

A clever move by the northern group. With a xtian chairman, and no visible Muslim aspirants from the South, and no way the party will accept a xtian southerner for presidency, the ploy is for the emergence of a northerner as the party flagbearer in 2023. And instead of the Igbos demanding for what is their right, they are busy remarketing Asiwaju who has nothing to do with their moribund pdp.

Tinubu will shelllark any Fulani presented by pdp in 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by eldoradoxx: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
PDP honestly parades very matured politicians who understand politics. I give it to the party.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by favour32(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2021
2023 is a defining moment for Southern Nigeria.

Let the North scheme whatever plan.
Your eight years will be completed by 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by AntonVince: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Gbajure:

A clever move by the northern group. With a xtian chairman, and no visible Muslim aspirants from the South, and no way the party will accept a xtian southerner for presidency, the ploy is for the emergence of a northerner as the party flagbearer in 2023. And instead of the Igbos demanding for what is their right, they are busy remarketing Asiwaju who has nothing to do with their moribund pdp.

Tinubu will shelllark any Fulani presented by pdp in 2023.

Delusion garnished with ignorance.
Tinubu can't even win the South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by AntonVince: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
OldNairalander:
Northern game plan.
Middle belt chairmanship, Core north flag bearer, Southern Vp,
Quote me exactly this time next year

Spot on!
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Guyman02: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
Survivingnaija:
That’s how politics is played. If this was south especially south east, there would have been 20 candidates from the east vying for the same position.

Southerners insult northerners daily and call them illiterates but they are the most sophisticated Nigerians politically and this won’t change any time soon.
You no Sabi anything, they stepped down for a Christian from North Central, it's a ploy to present a presidential candidate while claiming that the party chairman is a Christian.
We are not deceived

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by masseratti: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
funshint:
Yeah, they've used another middlebelt as usual. Always a willing tool for the North. When will these people learn that north does not have your interest at heart?!
i tìrẹ for the middle belt people, when will they know they actually not part of the north?
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Gentlerespect76: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mayour11:
This is a coup by the northern caucus of PDP to field a North central candidate. They will now support either Tambuwal (NW) or Atiku (NE) for presidency, compensate the South South or East with VP and later give South West the National Chairnanship, reason they're giving the chairmanship to a less controversial politician. It's all an attempt to buy time for the Northern presidency by not raising early dust and getting more defectors into the opposition party.

#MyOpinion though.
Let's see what 2023 has to offer.
Oil dey your head, bro!

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by BamakSNR(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
aremuforlife:

Pdp and maturity in the same statement?
I wonder oo.
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by BamakSNR(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Las Las, dem go run up the general election
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Feelings79: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2021
ddippset:
I know the gameplan.

The idea is to make the Christian Middle belter (call it North Central if you would) who is from Benue and a proper Christian as Chairman.

So that it becomes relatively easier for a core Nothern Hausa Fulani Muslim to emerge as presidential candidate without ruffling too much feathers...

And I also suspect that some big southern PDP politicians are clandestinely "game" on this plan because most of them know that they have a better chance of wrestling power from the APC if they go North for their 2023 flag bearer.

These southern leaders would be okay with settling and justling for the VP position and then try to emerge President by 2031.

Las Las Fear North.
This further goes to see how dishonourable PDP governors can be.The likes of Wike and co has been all over the place calling for a southern president when they do not in their minds mean it.In any case, I don't see the PDP getting the presidency anytime soon

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by emilo2bad: 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Internal democracy of understanding at work. PDP is more politically matured than the devilish APC. Tho both are different sides of same coin
it because they are not in power
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Awaja(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hope the South can be this matured by picking an easterner when the presidency is zoned to the south finally,but I envisage the opposite
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by DaPuncline: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mayour11:
This is a coup by the northern caucus of PDP to field a North central candidate. They will now support either Tambuwal (NW) or Atiku (NE) for presidency, compensate the South South or East with VP and later give South West the National Chairnanship, reason they're giving the chairmanship to a less controversial politician. It's all an attempt to buy time for the Northern presidency by not raising early dust and getting more defectors into the opposition party.

#MyOpinion though.
That's what also came to my mind. The Northern politicians made a smart move. They would later argue that the Chairman and the presidential candidate cannot be practicing same religion. Interesting days ahead

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
AntonVince:

Of course,
With a Northern PDP candidate
SW Tinubu 65%...PDP 30%
SE Tinubu 15%....PDP 75%
SS Tinubu 20%....PDP 70%

Average in South Tinubu 33%...PDP 55%

NC Tinubu 30%....PDP 60%
NE Tinubu 20%....PDP 75% zone of the PDP presidential candidate...
NW Tinubu 40%...PDP 55%

Average in North.... Tinubu 30%...PDP 63%

Total Average... 31%....PDP 54%

PDP will sure get approximately 55% Average across the Country...
With the remaining 14% shared amongst the other parties...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by ComrdDRS1: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Ayu is one politician that is corruption Free in Nigeria
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by BJanta: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mayour11:

#MyOpinion though.

Your opinion though, but well-reasoned, intellectually sound and factually absolute.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 15, 2021
ddippset:
I know the gameplan.

The idea is to make the Christian Middle belter (call it North Central if you would) who is from Benue and a proper Christian as Chairman.

So that it becomes relatively easier for a core Nothern Hausa Fulani Muslim to emerge as presidential candidate without ruffling too much feathers...

And I also suspect that some big southern PDP politicians are clandestinely "game" on this plan because most of them know that they have a better chance of wrestling power from the APC if they go North for their 2023 flag bearer.

These southern leaders would be okay with settling and justling for the VP position and then try to emerge President by 2031.

Las Las Fear North.

Recently all comments from southern Talibans are always on religion and it has always been. Your hatred, ur opinions, ur actions and everything is in the prism of religion. I have never seen such kind of religious fanaticism on earth but u are always quick to accuse others of ur ethno-religious bigotry. This obsession is too much!
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by OderaOdesigo: 9:22am On Oct 15, 2021
AntonVince:

….and who told you so? Hatred has blinded you completely.
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by AntonVince: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2021
OderaOdesigo:

….and who told you so? Hatred has blinded you completely.

"Hatred" for who?
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by OderaOdesigo: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2021
AntonVince:

"Hatred" for who?

Hatred for anything good and people on the opposite side of your beliefs. Check your comments history.
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by AntonVince: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2021
OderaOdesigo:

Hatred for anything good and people on the opposite side of your beliefs. Check your comments history.

...and Tinubu is "good" ?
Re: PDP Convention: Shema, Ningi Step Down As North Picks Ayu As Consensus Chairmans by OderaOdesigo: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
AntonVince:

...and Tinubu is "good" ?

Depends on who you ask. People have the right to support the person they want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo Visits Ocholi's Family / Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.