Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Why You Should Not Buy A Used Phone In Brazil - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Should Not Buy A Used Phone In Brazil (421 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Buy A Used Phone In Brazil by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
Buying a used phone in brazil is complicated just like in any other country because you have to be careful so as not to buy a stolen phone and this would get you in trouble with the law I heard a story of a guy in Brazil from West Africa that bought a stolen phone and he was arrested I know he would eventually be released because he didn’t know the phone was stolen.

I needed a second phone to decreased the pressure on my main phone so I started checking on the Facebook market place and I eventually found a phone close to me and because I didn’t want to buy a stolen phone I told the seller that I would pick up the phone in his house.

I got so many signs not to buy the phone, when I was going there I waited for a bus for almost 1hour and this place is just 20mins away from me by bus and I was tired and I went home and I told the seller that it is late and I can’t go back to the bus stop and he told me to come, he said his wife is at home and she would give me the phone and my GF was telling me not to buy a used phone because of problems and again a used phone might have some issues. I bought it because I was waiting for my card to clear and I really needed another phone.

So I went to the bus stop and got a bus but this time I missed my bus stop grin and I had to come back and I finally located the man’s house, I saw his wife and this was around 7:30 pm, I asked her if the phone had an issue and she said no and because the AD the husband posted said the phone had zero issues. I trusted her and paid.

I went back home tested the phone for 2 days and I noticed some issues, on the 3rd day I told him that I am not willing to return the phone but I would like a refund of 100reais, he denied it and he said he didn’t know the phone had issues that it was his daughter that was using it. I bought the phone for 250 reais, the phone is actually worth $100 upon inspection.his AD was deceptive and in brazil, 3 days is not too late to return a product. the selfie camera of the phone was blocked, the touch screen does respond well.

He promised to give me back 100reais when they paid his salary so I trusted him and waited and on the day that he is supposed to pay me he said his mum and dad got lost in a forest and he is looking for money and he said he would try and borrow the 100reais.lol.with that story I knew he won’t pay me.

I didn’t hear from him for 2days and I messaged him and he responded and he started saying I spoilt the phone and all sort of rubbish, I told him but I sent you proof that your phone is bad and in Brazil, you must give guarantee for a product at least for 1week

To cut the long story short the guy refused to refund me and I don’t have the time to make trouble I would have called the police if the money was more.

So this is my personal experience so if you come to Brazil and you want to buy a phone please save up and buy a new phone and if you have a credit card you can buy it and spilt the payment.

If you must buy a used phone make sure you test it very well and do not trust anyone, man or woman.

If you must buy a used phone in brazil be ready to lose because anything can happen.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/10/why-you-should-not-buy-used-phone-in.html?m=1
Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Used Phone In Brazil by Lukaku95: 1:46am On Oct 15, 2021
Why you no fit fight am? Since his place no far
Re: Why You Should Not Buy A Used Phone In Brazil by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 15, 2021
Lukaku95:
Why you no fit fight am? Since his place no far

Lol, I no need any bad record for my name, I for call police but the money small and I no get time

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Spain Via Education / Which State In Nigeria Is The Best Based On These Five Matrics / Travel Freaks Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.