Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! (437 Views)

God Is Wonderful! See 14 Photos Of Little Kids That Were Born With Strange Eyes / Lady Born With Male And Female $3x 0rgans Now Happily Married. / I Love Seeing Graphic Images, Am I Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by joedave(m): 12:49am On Oct 15, 2021
A young woman, Tee Bartlett, 24, born with TWO vaginas thought it was 'normal' to use two tampons every month for years, reveals how she finally found out something was wrong.

Tee Bartlett, from Hunter Valley, New South Wales, was born with two vaginas
She thought it was 'normal' to use two tampons every month before diagnosis
Tee told her mum about having two 'holes', prompting an urgent doctor's visit.
At the age of 16, Tee was finally diagnosed with a vaginal septum.

The young woman who was born with two vaginas revealed how she thought it was 'normal' to use two tampons every month before her diagnosis.

As a teenager, Tee Bartlett, from the Hunter Valley in New South Wales , said she had absolutely no idea that it was unusual to use two tampons at the same time, as she assumed all women had two vaginal openings.
But she only discovered something wasn't right after she asked her mother 'which hole' a tampon needed to be inserted, which prompted an urgent doctor's visit.

At the age of 16, Tee was finally diagnosed with a vaginal septum - a condition that happens when the female reproductive system doesn't fully develop, leaving a dividing wall of tissue in the vagina.

Tee Bartlett (pictured) who was born with two vaginas revealed how she thought it was 'normal' to use two tampons every month before her diagnosis. Her boyfriend Chris has always been supportive - and he was 'fine' when she told him about her rare condition (couple pictured together).

What is vaginal Septum?

A vaginal septum is a condition that happens when the vagina doesn't fully develop.

It leaves a dividing wall of tissue in the vagina that's not visible externally.

The wall of tissue can run vertically or horizontally, dividing the vagina into two sections. Many girls don't realise they have a vaginal septum until they reach puberty, when pain, discomfort, or an unusual menstrual flow sometimes signal the condition.

Others don't find out until they become sexually active and experience pain during intercourse. However, some women with a vaginal septum never have any symptoms.

Before her diagnosis, the now 24-year-old said she remembered the look on her mum's face when she plucked up the courage to ask her about how to use a tampon.

'I didn't really communicate with mum about awkward topics back then,' Tee said.

'One day, I was having a conversation with my best friend and mum, and I finally asked which hole a tampon was supposed to go in, the left or the right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by joedave(m): 12:58am On Oct 15, 2021
'Mum looked at me like "what?". At first, she said that there wasn't two holes and we argued for a little bit, and I was being really defensive.

'She then suggested that we go to the doctors. That's when I realised, she was being serious and that there really is not supposed to be two openings down there.'

When they met with doctors, Tee said they made her 'feel crazy' as they 'disregarded' everything she was telling them.

'The second doctor looked at it, then looked back at me and said, 'nah it's normal' and she sort of pushed us out the door,' she said.

'I left there somewhat flabbergasted. I was nuts thinking that I had two vaginas. I was starting to feel like I was going crazy. I was second guessing myself.'

As a teenager, Tee said she had absolutely no idea that it was unusual to use two tampons at the same time, as she assumed all women had two vaginal openings

Before her diagnosis, Tee aid she remembered the look on her mum's face when she plucked up the courage to ask her about how to use a tampon (Picture of her mum left and Tee right)

But she only discovered something wasn't right after she asked her mother 'which hole' a tampon needed to be inserted, which prompted an urgent doctor's visit (Tee pictured right as a schoolgirl with her friend Chantelle)

Not wanting to give up on finding answers, Tee decided to get a third opinion from a different doctor that referred her to a gynaecologist, who confirmed she did have two vaginal openings.

However, she warned that her double vagina would likely make sexual intercourse and giving birth difficult and potentially dangerous - so Tee underwent surgery to remove the septum at 17.

'My wall was too thick to be snipped out and was as long as a finger going right up to just before my cervix. Apparently, the vaginal septum is normal for babies in the womb, but it's supposed to dissolve,' she said.

'Mine just never dissolved. Mine was a bit thicker and longer than normal, which is why I had to get surgery.'

Tee - who's a high ropes instructor - said she found out that 'you could get someone stuck inside you during sexual intercourse, as the hole is half the size as normal'.

She warned that her double vagina would likely make sexual intercourse and giving birth difficult and potentially dangerous - so Tee underwent surgery to remove the septum at 17.

Since sharing her experiences on social media to raise awareness, Tee said many women have come forward revealing they are going through a similar condition

'It was freaking me out,' she said.

'My boyfriend at the time is my boyfriend now and he was fine when I told him. He said that we would just deal with it when the time came.'

'The craziest thing about posting it is the amount of girls who have commented saying they have similar problems. They didn't realise that it wasn't normal,' she said.

'I'm glad I'm not the only person. I honestly thought for a while there that maybe I was an idiot for not realising you weren't supposed to have two openings down there.

'But after posting a video about it, I've realised no one really knows that we weren't supposed to have two. It is something I'm not worried about anymore. That was me, now it's over and I'm good now.'

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by budaatum: 12:58am On Oct 15, 2021

Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by expertman(m): 1:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by Zaxbash1: 1:43am On Oct 15, 2021
For ur cheap ig followers quote me
Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by joedave(m): 1:43am On Oct 15, 2021
budaatum:
Sorry, couldn't find a photo. Found this though!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7599791/amp/Woman-TWO-vaginas-wombs-says-doctors-failed-spot-unusual-anatomy-birth.html

Her own case is even more extreme as it connects to the cervix. The initial lady has minor issue compared to this. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lady Born With Two Veejays (vaginal Septum) Thought It Was Normal! by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 15, 2021

(1) (Reply)

How My Father Had Sex With Me For 8 Years Even When My Mother Is Around / The Legend Of Michel De Nostradamus / Blogs08index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.