Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) (1338 Views)

Baby Monkey Smokes On Camera As Part Of A Supposed Public Health Campaign( Pics) / Baby Monkey Clinging To Dead Mother In Lion's Mouth (Graphic Photos) / Video Of A Monkey Bottle Feeding A Baby Monkey Goes Viral - Check-it-out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Holiness2100: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
MOTHER NATURE: THIS is the heartbreaking moment a baby monkey clung onto its dead mum as her lifeless body hung from a lion's mouth.

Photographer and safari guide Hendri Venter, 60, captured the brutal moment at South Africa's Zimanga Private Game Reserve.

“As a safari guide, I’ve seen many cruel wildlife encounters, but this tops them all by far,” Hendri said

“Nature – as wonderful and incredible as it can be – can also be frightful, even bordering on atrocious but this is the reality of it.

“Life and death play out in all of our lives. It’s never easy.”

In one picture, the tiny one-pound money stares forlornly into the camera as it grips onto what is left of its mother's blood-soaked body.

The 400-pound lion can be seen sinking its teeth into its prey as the baby monkey holds on in the hopes of surviving.

In another image, a second lion attempts to join in on the action sending the baby monkey tumbling off its mother before meeting its gruesome end.

Hendri captured the horrifying images from just 65-foot away from the feeding lions.

In the space of less than a minute, the lion had both caught and devoured the unfortunate mother – whilst another lion from the pride snatched and ate the baby.

“I was on a game drive with guests following a pride of seven lions when I noticed one of the males chasing something into the shrub," Hendri recalled.

“He turned around and I instantly noticed the monkey. I quickly grabbed the camera.

“It definitely stirs up emotions seeing a helpless baby cling on to the lifeless body of its mother when there is nothing you can do to help.

One of the lion’s younger brothers also wanted a piece and eventually got hold of the baby which he then killed and ate."

Lalasticlala

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16430335/baby-monkey-dead-mum-lion-teeth/amp/

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Holiness2100: 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2021

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Fahdiga(m): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
This is heartbreaking to see. Wish I was there at least I could have done something to help the baby monkey even if it is to fight the lion with karate. Same way Buhari has bared his fangs and sunk his brown teeth on Nigerians with harsh economic policies

2 Likes

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
What a Show of Pure Uncompromised and Unadulterated Love from the Baby Monkeu.

Even in the Face of Danger and Death, it stayed steadfast and hung on to its Mother with all it Could.

Today, Everyone claims to Love GOD . But in the face of little inconveniences, you begin to see people give in and give you reasons to give in.

In the Face of little shakings and threats, People who claim to Love GOD, become fearful and give themselves in to the Plan of the devil.

Let this Little Monkey send some knowledge into all.

If you are not ready to Die for the Name of JESUS CHRIST, it does not Matter your knowledge or Title your bear, you are Decieving yourself.
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Eyaaaa
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by TarOrfeeek: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Chai

The Lion should have eaten the baby monkey first.

So that it will go to Heaven and wait for his mother.
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by SportsHD: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
This is heartbreaking to see. Wish I was there at least I could have done something to help the baby monkey even if it is to fight the lion with karate.
you could try to go pry the already dead monkey from the lion and see what would happen then. At least, we would have one less political idiot on nairaland grin.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Fahdiga(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
SportsHD:
you could try to go pry the already dead monkey from the lion and see what would happen then. At least, we would have one less political idiot on nairaland grin.
Trash as usual

1 Like

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by FvckAllMods: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2021
I was reading hoping the baby sur...vi... oh fork it tho it's heartbreaking really

But then lions gon eat too right
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by FvckAllMods: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oh cry
TarOrfeeek:

Chai

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by tbambam: 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
Jungle.....
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Wawelexy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Chai

Too bad!!!

At ur age
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Wirepool: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Natural selection at work
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by wentroublecomes: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Damn. Mother and child love
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by Toks007: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
So now leopard?

Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by drips8(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2021
Nothing but the laws of nature.
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by sunshineV(f): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
What a Show of Pure Uncompromised and Unadulterated Love from the Baby Monkeu.

Even in the Face of Danger and Death, it stayed steadfast and hung on to its Mother with all it Could.

Today, Everyone claims to Love GOD . But in the face of little inconveniences, you begin to see people give in and give you reasons to give in.

In the Face of little shakings and threats, People who claim to Love GOD, become fearful and give themselves in to the Plan of the devil.

Let this Little Monkey send some knowledge into all.

If you are not ready to Die for the Name of JESUS CHRIST, it does not Matter your knowledge or Title your bear, you are Decieving yourself.
dis one to will not make fp ijn
Re: Baby Monkey Clings To Dead Mum As Lion Sinks Teeth Into Her(Pics) by sunshineV(f): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Chai

eleribu grin

(1) (Reply)

This Is Real / New Spy Plane Can Fly Anywhere On Earth In An Hour / A Day In Life Without Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.