Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight (2370 Views)

SS2 Student Kills SS3 Student During Cult Clash In Akwa Ibom / Secondary School Girl Twerks On Her Male Classmate. See Reactions / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by CampussNews: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
Update from

Ayo, a 16-year-old Senior Secondary School Student of Itokin Community High School, Ogun state has been arrested by the Police following the death of his classmate, Habeeb Adeosun, 17.

According to reports, Adeosun and his classmate, Ayo engaged in a fight during school hours on Monday.

According to Siggy, late Adeosun's family claim Ayo confronted Adeosun for stepping on the toes of his (Ayo’s) girlfriend inside the class while Ayo said they were struggling over a schoolbag. The teenager reportedly ran away after Adeosun slumped but was later arrested on Tuesday by a team from the Agbado Division led by the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Kuranga Yero.

One of the relatives of the deceased student who gave his name as Ewenje said, “We were at home when someone rushed to tell us that a pupil punched Habeeb (Adeosun) on the chest and he slumped. We learnt he had been rushed to a hospital.

We reported at the police station and some policemen followed us to the school. Some pupils who witnessed the incident said the boy confronted Habeeb for stepping on his (Ayo’s) girlfriend. He ran away when he saw that Habeeb could not stand up”.

Ewenje said some angry youths mobilized to the school the following day blaming the authorities for allegedly allowing Ayo to escape. He said it took the police intervention to restore normalcy to the area.

“People were running helter-skelter. The school was eventually shut. The family didn’t know about the attack. We have accepted what happened in good faith and buried him according to Islamic rites.

Police said they wanted to carry out an investigation but we insisted we could not delay his burial.

We are not interested in the case. Some pupils claimed that he hit Habeeb with a charmed ring. If he actually did, God will reward him accordingly. Habeeb was 17 years old and he just completed his Quranic study”he said

Meanwhile, Ayo when interrogated said Habeeb was dragging his bag with him when a fight broke out. He claimed that the deceased first hit him on the chest and he returned the punch, which caused Habeeb to fall.

“I am 16-year-old. I live at Abule Ijoko and attend Itokin Community High School. Habeeb and I were both in the same class. That day, he came to my seat and took my bag. I asked him to return my bag but he refused. I thought he was playing with me. As we were dragging the bag with each other, he hit me on the chest. I returned mine and he fell.

I thought he was joking. Our classmates poured water on him and rushed to call teachers. The attendants at the school clinic came to check him but he didn’t respond. They then rushed him to the hospital.

I didn’t hit him with any ring. We were friends and we used to play with each other. I didn’t run away. It was our teachers who asked someone to take me away because some thugs were threatening to kill me. I was crying when I learnt he had died.”

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said an investigation into the matter has commenced.

“The suspect and the victim were classmates. They had a disagreement in the classroom which resulted in a fight. He (Ayo) reportedly hit the boy with a ring said to be diabolical. The victim slumped and died afterwards. Investigation is ongoing", a police source said.

https:///16-yr-old-secondary-school-student-kills-classmate-in-supremacy-fight/

1 Like

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by CampussNews: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
RIP to Habeeb Adeosun,I also like how the family didn't make any case out of it and resulted to fate.Both are minors and I believe Ayo didn't intend to kill him, it was just an unfortunate situation.That's why I always caution you kids here on nairaland to stay away from trouble.

7 Likes

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by jaeyking(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
Run away from troubles.
No be everybody nowadays complete.

Some dey 1% small touch dem die
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by temitope27(m): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
It's an accident
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Mastakija(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Abeg (like) if e don reach FP
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by CampussNews: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
Chaiiii
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by 3gpvids: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Blow-drop that year eh walai
Sad one
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Eeyah
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Charmingrascal(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is the reason why I avoid brawling because it could lead to exchange of blows.
You don't know who will die in the next minute if you are unfortunate to touch them with your finger tip during a fight and they slump and die, you will be held responsible for their death.
What if I fight somebody and a blow hits me in the wrong place and I slump, what if it's otherwise.

Avoid fighting, e go spoil your fine boy, e go give you bad name.
Ignore people even when they show you utmost aggresion, that will make them look stupid in the presence of sane people around.

6 Likes

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
RIP to Habeeb Adeosun,I also like how the family didn't make any case out of it and resulted to fate.Both are minors and I believe Ayo didn't intend to kill him, it was just an unfortunate situation.That's why I always caution you kids here on nairaland to stay away from trouble.
That boy ought to be sent to a juvenile delinquency home for a while o Iyaebe.

1 Like

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
Na why I no dey fight be this, I no know who wan die make one no go tap person wey go die then they'll say you don kill person.
I no get body for prison/cell.

1 Like

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Depressed101: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
"God will reward him accordingly" what manner of fuckery is this? cry I'm very sure their son' s spirit will be writhing in the grave
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by notmyrealmonika: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
In the current edition of Nigeria that we are, please never engage in any fight even to use one finger touch person. Many people are walking dead. I pray we won't enter into trouble before we appreciate freedom oo. E get why
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Richy4(m): 3:27am On Oct 17, 2021
<<< I used to know that in high school, when such altercation was about to happen, the class captain/ monitor will quickly call the form master/ mistress before it escalates .... The form teacher will come in and intervene....

So many things was wrong with that secondary school seriously.. It's good that they shut it down.. i hope it was permanently because the authority there doesn't know their job

Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Jackossky(m): 5:51am On Oct 17, 2021
I do feel inclined to believe Ayo ( the one who narrated that that altercation was as a result of them dragging a bag)
Rip to the dead. It must have been a shocker to both of them.
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by AOB1: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2021
I don't know the problem of all this kids nowadays, may God protect our children
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by cassidy1996(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2021
small children
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Seeksnigeria: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2021
He should be prosecuted nonetheless. There are no excuses
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Blake755: 8:07am On Oct 17, 2021
Menh nobody dey well for this life an thing wey go make me fight I dey avoid am
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by esky158(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2021
Most people u see out there are just living corpse looking for who will push them to their death so pls avoid any typ of fight some people never chop for about 3 day u when come go follow them fight .
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Gilgil: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Iyaebe:

I think differently to this. Its important to investigate a case to a close and share lessons learnt
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 17, 2021
Gilgil:

I think differently to this. Its important to investigate a case to a close and share lessons learnt
Investigation can be conducted but I really don't think he meant to kill him,its really sad but I like how the family of the deceased is handling it.
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by LoveFayfay(f): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2021
Some people are already dead; they're just looking for someone to kill them.
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Homeboiy: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
I need that ring oo

I wan slap one soldier man
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Seeksnigeria: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2021
Bad.
Re: 16-yr-old Secondary School Student Kills Classmate In Supremacy Fight by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
jaeyking:
Run away from troubles. No be everybody nowadays complete.
Some dey 1% small touch dem die
Very true.

(1) (Reply)

Students Protest As Lecturer Smashes Iphone 11 Pro Max Of Student (VIDEO) / I Have A Hnd With Distinction In Mechanical Engineering . Can I Do An Msc ? / Project Topics In Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.