Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison (2794 Views)

World Oldest Man Dies In The U.K. Aged 112. Photos / 71 Weeks Ago Frodd Was Begging For Money, 71 Weeks After He Is Now A Star / The 130 Years Oldest Man In Nigeria Celebrate Birthday Today! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Dave9jablaze: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
Meet Francis Clifford Smith, Oldest Longest Lasting Prisoner on the planet, who has been in jail for a considerable length of time starting around 1950 Celebrate his 94 years of age today

This man was condemned to jail when he was 23 years of age. He was condemned to life detainment when he was seen as liable of homicide in 1950. He was brought into the world on October ninth 1924 in the United States of America.

As indicated by reports, he was captured for killing a safety officer during a theft in the night in 1950.

Francis has been in jail for the beyond 71 years of his life, and he is as yet alive. He is intended to serve in jail till he bites the dust.

He is 94 years of age today. Notwithstanding his age, he is as yet confined till he passes on in jail. He's being kept in Orsborm Correctional Institution, a jail in the US.

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by abat4real37(f): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
They should free him now haha! 71 years in prison

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by LordIsaac(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hmmm... destiny!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
Eiya they should release him already
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by WoundedLamb: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
You should consider rephrasing your title.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by illicit(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
undecided
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Crossroad1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
Have been to cell twice, one for trusting a friend and secondly for standing in for someone, a debt I later paid and since then, have vowed never to be in cell again not to talk of prison..

If Sapa na your problem, you get hope o.
There are some situations worse than Sapa

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Sonnobax15(m): 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
Hushpuppy go soon over-thrown am tongue

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by paramakina202: 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
Eiya they should release him already

Release him at 94?
What is he going outside to do again?
The man himself will reject the offer to be released.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by ChiefSosa(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
abat4real37:
Hope this person's example will change your perspective?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Torosk1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
The man turn horror inside jail
E no better for oyibo

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Karemarealty288(m): 12:02am On Oct 17, 2021
abat4real37:
He is an important man where he is....if they release him to a fast and more sophisticated world he is not used to,He will die after 2days of freedom. At this point, freedom is poisonous to him.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 17, 2021
Karemarealty288:

He is an important man where he is....if they release him to a fast and more sophisticated world. He will die after 2days of freedom. At this point, freedom is poisonous to him.

People like you are one of the reasons I read comments on this platform.

You made a valid point and I diff my hat for you on your level or reasoning.

I don follow you already

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Richy4(m): 3:42am On Oct 17, 2021
It's nice that People were sympathetic of his plight but what about the person he killed... at least he's eating free food from tax payers money, but the person he killed will not come back again... He created a vacuum in someone's family, someone lost a father, son, uncle, brother etc...

He should remain there please... He got no business with the rest of the world...
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by FarinJini: 6:18am On Oct 17, 2021
abat4real37:
I understand why you feel he should be released but to where exactly? What does he have on the other side of those walls? Family? Wealth? Friends? I don't think so. He'll only end up in a nursing home for old people. Seeing new faces and trying to know their names. With his age, that's not going to be easy. I think it's better for him to remain in jail. In there he is king, he'll be begging to survive outside
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by BigDawsNet: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2021
His probably some kind of jail leader

I'm sure he can protect new prisoners
If you meet his request
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Maks27: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2021
This information is so wrong

The man in the picture is

John Bunz (c. 1919 – December 17, 2013)
Oldest Age While Imprisoned: 94 years old
Country of Origin: Amherst, New York, USA
Last or Current Prison: Wende Correctional Facility
Time Served: 2010 – 2013 (sentenced to 17.5 years)
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by tunjijones(m): 9:35am On Oct 17, 2021
You pple should stop giving false information nao.

This man killed his 89 yrs old wide with hammer and her was sentenced to prison.

God punish the OP for misleading people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1310339/John-Bunz-jailed-battered-wife-death-hammer.html
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by Karemarealty288(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2021
ThePriceSorcerer:

People like you are one of the reasons I read comments on this platform.

You made a valid point and I diff my hat for you on your level or reasoning.

I don follow you already

Thank you my gee.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by SarkinYarki: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2021
tunjijones:
You pple should stop giving false information nao.

This man killed his 89 yrs old wide with hammer and her was sentenced to prison.

God punish the OP for misleading people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1310339/John-Bunz-jailed-battered-wife-death-hammer.html

I just taya ..I know say nobody can be jailed for 75 years straight in America for murder
Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by AlusiNkeIzizi: 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
abat4real37:

This is a concrete example of the so-called "system" of the U.S.A. Emotions, sympathy and such play no role whatsoever in this system. If you are sentenced to 640 months in prison in the USA, the only thing that you can be guaranteed of is that you will spend every bit of that sentence locked up, right down to the second.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Oldest Man And Longest Prisoner In The World — 71 Years In Prison by alphaNomega: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
abat4real37:
He killed someone. He deserves to spend the rest of his days behind bars

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Stars, Kiddwaya, Angel Seen Chilling Together At A Beach Party Last Nyt / “I Am Innocent”- Osinachi’s Husband, Peter Nwachukwu, Finally Tells His Side / Meet The Young Black Man Dating Bill Gates' Daughter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.