Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Do You Stop Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Stop Going To Church? (682 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by losak9111(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2021
This question can be somehow, but it very essential.
Through my findings and interview with some of my guys, some said that Sundays are the only day their girls come for a visit and church will linger their time or they won't enjoy more time together, some said since COVID-19 pandemic they they have stopped going to church some categories said church is scam. Even a girl told me she stopped going to church the pastor toasted her hmmmm(Man of God)
So, is going to church guarantee you heaven?
Though people are going to church maybe because of connection, marriage, job, miracles etc, but this are not the utmost reasons for people going to church. From the comment below, a guy said church is boring nowadays because they are doing things the same way every week

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by Darammliveth(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2021
I stopped going to church since the day I find out pastor has his own favorites and members gossip a lot. Bunch of hypocrites!

Note: I believe in God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by helinues: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Because going to church every Sunday is not feasible.

I can't work from Monday to Friday, Chill out on Saturdays and still be going to Church on Sunday.

Abeg, when would I get time to enjoy myself?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by Jashub: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2021
helinues:
Because going to church every Sunday is not feasible.

I can't work from Monday to Friday, Chill out on Saturdays and still be going to Church on Sunday.

Abeg, when would I get time to enjoy myself?
But you're a Muslim. So wetin concern you with church. Or is it that you're eager to post comment ?
Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by helinues: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
But you're a Muslim. So wetin concern you with church. Or is it that you're eager to post comment ?

Reason why Jesus wept

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by Vulcanheph(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2021
My reason is that I've come to realize that Christianity as a whole is a scam, especially the version we practice here in nigeria...

Churches in Nigeria have become basically business centers that are more interested in increasing their clients than taking care of the one that they already have... Most times it's always as if there are in hidden competition with each other.

The pastors this days are more or less more interested in the hype, power and finances that comes with their job than actually doing the right thing.

BOTTOM LINE

As a realist , I have found everything in church services from the songs, ministration, prayers, recitations to become monotonous and boring.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by SSIPON(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2021
Vulcanheph:

As a realist , I have found everything in church services from the songs, ministration, prayers, recitations to become monotonous and boring.
This deserves an award.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by MightySparrow: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2021
Devil

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by losak9111(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hope you are not the original devil �
MightySparrow:
Devil
Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by MightySparrow: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
losak9111:
Hope you are not the original devil �

You said original. He existed before me, even in the Garden of Eden.

Anyways, what makes people not to attend church is the Devil.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Stop Going To Church? by losak9111(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Please Admin front page tomorrow is Sunday

(1) (Reply)

Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? / Let The Man Of God Pray For You Now / 400 Churchgoers Dress As Jesus To Put Christ Back In Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.