Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. (909 Views)

Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos / How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home / Blackfly - Anyone Can Drive This Personal VTOL Without Pilot License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
[/b] hello friends, I am a student of the University of porthacourt. I'm the course representative of physics and education.
I'm currently planning on doing a project I hope to call [b]LTG RISIN SUN
meaning LEKKI TOLL GATE RISING SUN. The project is based on production of easy to build and fix UNMANNED AIRCRAFTs . It will also look extensively into the VTOL TECHNOLOGY by being able to operate primarily as an aeroplane and Secindarily as an helicopter meaning that the aircraft will be able to take off like an helicopter, and fly like an aeroplane. it will also be able to offer in one position and also be capable of landing on moving targets .it will also feature thrust vectoring where by the ailerons will be absent and the work of the Ailerons will be done by the two 1000 KV brushless motor that will be put on the wing tips. these Motors will be vectored by individual servos in the motopod. It will be connected by one long rod. these rod will then be pivoted another micro servo .This micro servo will pull the two rotor to an upward attitude to become an helicopter, and also turn the rotors to forward mode to return it to aeroplane configuration. all this can happen mid-flight making the aircraft capable of moving backwards forward sideways and even being able to turn in one position. meaning that the aircraft will be capable of taking off from any platform. the marke targets the military , surveyors ,geologist and regular cameramen.

This aircraft if fitted with a drone autopilot will be capable of autonomous flight. meaning that the aircraft will be capable of taking off by itself landing by itself. And carry out missions on its own, based on preset commands from the pilot, so the pilot will not need to keep hands on the controls every time.

It will be powered by a lipo battery of 11.1 volt. the aircraft itself will be made from plastic bottle .and these continents can be found around. I hope to make it a the wings from carton paper and add foil to protect it from Environmental threats . after now it will be made by custom plastic.

I have order the parts for the aircraft and I must say that it is a hard thing to order for things from China I am using AliExpress and most of what I ordered have not arrived for over 1 month now.i am still expecting them but I haven't been able to order everything like the transmitter, the receiver, the battery and the auto pilot system. Well that one is not because of AliExpress, it's because I don't have the funds to buy them for now . Am planning on purchasing them one-by-one, I would have used a different online site but they charge more for shipping than the main product itself. so I choose AliExpress at least with that I can adjust the time it takes for the products to get to me by the companies I choose to handle the shipping for me.

So for now I would love us to share our thoughts and give suggestions.. people that have also done drones or remote control aircraft, should come together let research on something bigger.

I can also without fail so that can build aircrafts that that can carry people. have actually written a 53-page proposal on it . but for now I would want to start with the smaller project. from here I hope 2 build another version of this same kind of aircraft, but this time power around 8 will be powered by a gasoline engine.

Feel free to contact me or WhatsApp me on 0.8.1..2.7.6.4.0.2..1..

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
Here

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Patented: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
I am not a science person but here are my thoughts. Consider using foam (type used for packaging electronics) cos it's light rigid and sturdy.
Also what you make will only be a toy without some sort of sensor payload. So if you want it to take photos then Ur plan should include camera integration , this would add weight and should be factored I to you weight to power ratio when considering your power plants. O also think you should just go for a copter design, maybe a quadcopter. Offers great stability and then u can use materials stronger and heavier than foam.. transitioning between copter mode and plane mode needs management. U may need a dedicated motor for landing and take off. Cos if the same motors will be used then u may loose altitude when transitioning. I hope I made sense sha
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2021
Patented:
I am not a science person but here are my thoughts. Consider using foam (type used for packaging electronics) cos it's light rigid and sturdy.
Also what you make will only be a toy without some sort of sensor payload. So if you want it to take photos then Ur plan should include camera integration , this would add weight and should be factored I to you weight to power ratio when considering your power plants. O also think you should just go for a copter design, maybe a quadcopter. Offers great stability and then u can use materials stronger and heavier than foam.. transitioning between copter mode and plane mode needs management. U may need a dedicated motor for landing and take off. Cos if the same motors will be used then u may loose altitude when transitioning. I hope I made sense sha
yeah it does, but they'll be a rail ritur, to keep the nose up while I am transitioning... I have done Android simulations on it,and it'll work
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Patented: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
Abasman007:
yeah it does, but they'll be a rail ritur, to keep the nose up while I am transitioning... I have done Android simulations on it,and it'll work

Ok. Pls update us on your progress
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Blakjewelry(m): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Abasman007:
[/b] hello friends, I am a student of the University of porthacourt. I'm the course representative of physics and education.
I'm currently planning on doing a project I hope to call [b]LTG RISIN SUN
meaning LEKKI TOLL GATE RISING SUN. The project is based on production of easy to build and fix UNMANNED AIRCRAFTs . It will also look extensively into the VTOL TECHNOLOGY by being able to operate primarily as an aeroplane and Secindarily as an helicopter meaning that the aircraft will be able to take off like an helicopter, and fly like an aeroplane. it will also be able to offer in one position and also be capable of landing on moving targets .it will also feature thrust vectoring where by the ailerons will be absent and the work of the Ailerons will be done by the two 1000 KV brushless motor that will be put on the wing tips. these Motors will be vectored by individual servos in the motopod. It will be connected by one long rod. these rod will then be pivoted another micro servo .This micro servo will pull the two rotor to an upward attitude to become an helicopter, and also turn the rotors to forward mode to return it to aeroplane configuration. all this can happen mid-flight making the aircraft capable of moving backwards forward sideways and even being able to turn in one position. meaning that the aircraft will be capable of taking off from any platform. the marke targets the military , surveyors ,geologist and regular cameramen.

This aircraft if fitted with a drone autopilot will be capable of autonomous flight. meaning that the aircraft will be capable of taking off by itself landing by itself. And carry out missions on its own, based on preset commands from the pilot, so the pilot will not need to keep hands on the controls every time.

It will be powered by a lipo battery of 11.1 volt. the aircraft itself will be made from plastic bottle .and these continents can be found around. I hope to make it a the wings from carton paper and add foil to protect it from Environmental threats . after now it will be made by custom plastic.

I have order the parts for the aircraft and I must say that it is a hard thing to order for things from China I am using AliExpress and most of what I ordered have not arrived for over 1 month now.i am still expecting them but I haven't been able to order everything like the transmitter, the receiver, the battery and the auto pilot system. Well that one is not because of AliExpress, it's because I don't have the funds to buy them for now . Am planning on purchasing them one-by-one, I would have used a different online site but they charge more for shipping than the main product itself. so I choose AliExpress at least with that I can adjust the time it takes for the products to get to me by the companies I choose to handle the shipping for me.

So for now I would love us to share our thoughts and give suggestions.. people that have also done drones or remote control aircraft, should come together let research on something bigger.

I can also without fail so that can build aircrafts that that can carry people. have actually written a 53-page proposal on it . but for now I would want to start with the smaller project. from here I hope 2 build another version of this same kind of aircraft, but this time power around 8 will be powered by a gasoline engine.

Feel free to contact me or WhatsApp me on 0.8.1..2.7.6.4.0.2..1..
Why plastic?
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Why plastic?
truth is, to attract sponsorship...the bottle I'm using is as sturdy as I want. It's actually made of part's from three different bottles
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Blakjewelry(m): 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
Abasman007:
truth is, to attract sponsorship...the bottle I'm using is as sturdy as I want. It's actually made of part's from three different bottles
Forget design first, start with frame and test run until it flies first. Get a good design and then apply carbon fiber. I am planning something similar but on a large scale. And apart from the brushless motors I plan every other thing home built including the navigational system
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Forget design first, start with frame and test run until it flies first. Get a good design and then apply carbon fiber. I am planning something similar but on a large scale. And apart from the brushless motors I plan every other thing home built including the navigational system
wow... Am really into the airplanes as in AERODYNAMIC planes themselves, like the way they are designed... can we work together ? Am in porthacourt..if I had funds i could build a gasoline powered model, and the you set up the navigational stuff.. an talking of something capable of 9,000ft... And off course autonomous... I have many ideas including businesses Like air mail... I hope to try and attract innoson with any project I can ... From there I can use his plant to make a single seat airplane for the airmail... Then suggest for him to use his cars for rally instead of donating then free in a bid to attract customers...and I I'm also try to build an app for dust bin... Truth is my school fees and rent is not sure, I'm doing my best to try and see what happens before I'm hopeless... It's very hard to survive and I have brilliant ideas,it's annoying..

Add me up,you will love my proposal for aviation service company..
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Blakjewelry(m): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2021
Abasman007:
wow... Am really into the airplanes as in AERODYNAMIC planes themselves, like the way they are designed... can we work together ? Am in porthacourt..if I had funds i could build a gasoline powered model, and the you set up the navigational stuff.. an talking of something capable of 9,000ft... And off course autonomous... I have many ideas including businesses Like air mail... I hope to try and attract innoson with any project I can ... From there I can use his plant to make a single seat airplane for the airmail... Then suggest for him to use his cars for rally instead of donating then free in a bid to attract customers...and I I'm also try to build an app for dust bin... Truth is my school fees and rent is not sure, I'm doing my best to try and see what happens before I'm hopeless... It's very hard to survive and I have brilliant ideas,it's annoying..

Add me up,you will love my proposal for aviation service company..
Why gasoline? Electricity is the future. Airmail is good idea. I am looking at package delivery and passenger class, plus forget the idea of innoson. With quality design and performance, investors will come in. And yes we can work together I am still trying to pull funds together but buhari economy is not friendly but hopefully soon things will come up.
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Why gasoline? Electricity is the future. Airmail is good idea. I am looking at package delivery and passenger class, plus forget the idea of innoson. With quality design and performance, investors will come in. And yes we can work together I am still trying to pull funds together but buhari economy is not friendly but hopefully soon things will come up.
my number 0.8.1.2.7.6.4.0.7.2.1... my items arrived, except my servo which was sent through nipost instead of a private company like the rest, hasn't arrived till today . Am planning on desingning an electrical speed aid for bicycles, especially for the handicap, the device would have two,higher power li Po batteries and 2 high torque motors, that'll be attached to the gear structure, and aid the rider maintain the speed they are on presently till they start cycling again. The device controls would be attached to brakes, to disengage once you brake. It's a simple. Esc, motor,servo thing.. but funds too.. for the air mail, an auto pilot complete with gps and a higher capacity battery can be the difference between the outcomes.. we make an aircraft that is AERODYNAMIC and can do inter city 45 MINS to 1:30 minutes...200MPH way bill RUNS .. a small landing area would be built for the aircraft, were on landing it's battery will be changed and and the depleted one put on charge to be used by another instead n coming UAV, while another pilot connects to the server and controls the aircraft for it's next journey, this way the aircraft would be able to work continually, only stopping for maintainance, the key to using the population to make money is mobility..we could create something new and exclusive with our own patent on n it ., I can dismantle the transmitter pad and use it to create a bigger work station, as in a more visible control panel that can be carried about....
Me id wait for funds but am planning in using this knowledge as a way out of praying for money. Say If we can build the aircraft, and use it for light parcels, like phones and other small piece delivery we could be middle men any companies production sector by providing transport., Even the military would be interested.

Once and if the servos arrive, all I need now is battery transmitter and reciever.

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
My propeller all came left handed it's annoying
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by oyekanwahab(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is great, I am looking to do something great with vtol craft soon

1 Like

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2021
Sorry I haven't posted of late .. school stress and some personal issues .
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
My servos haven't still arrived

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
But I have been working on what I have at hand... So till I can gather funds and get a transmitter and battery.. and maybe another set of servos, hopefully they won't send it through nipost this time. things like auto pilot and an fpv micro camera I will use remain secondary.
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Some work

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
oyekanwahab:
This is great, I am looking to do something great with vtol craft soon
I'd love to share ideas sir.
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
Am going to be putting the auto aircraft on its feet soon

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by oyekanwahab(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
well done
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
After I have completed the aircraft, I'll coat the wings and paper parts in foil paper..

And I have decided to give the aircraft Ailerons and instead make the motors take care of pitch...

And I am adopting the v tail.. figured I needed more rudder sensitivity and I'd need two rudders, so since I an handing over pitch to the motors, they'll be no need of adding an extra horizontal stabilizer .. so the tail is dedicated to yaw controls only.

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
My motors

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
So she's on her feet .... Guess the hardest part is done....
Lol she has chicken legs..

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
All she needs now on the outside, is the foil...
All other work Now is going to be concentrated on the inside..

Anyone spot my tail rotor?

I can detach the tail section, and get access inside the aircraft
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 6:40am On Nov 06, 2021
So I was scared, if those wings would be able to Carry the weight of the motor, plus the pivot pole.... And yes she can...

I made the landing gears to be sensitive to shock, turns out the 3 legs work on their own and threaten to jump over anything they climb, now what's bad is that the two main wheels always want to go separate ways when one of them tackles a bump, which weakens the legs..
So I have decided to brace them together... Lol that way the left wheel will have no choice but to wait for the right wheel to do its job and vice versa...

Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by Abasman007: 7:38am On Nov 06, 2021
So I tried testing my little little tail rotor, guess what,it pulled the whole aircraft down and broke a blade, didn't imagine thats small thing had such Powers... So I had to change its position to the top...

The rotors job is to steady the aircrafts in one place during hover, cause drag when I want to slow down, and ensure the aircraft keeps a nose up attitude during mid flight transition.
Re: Vtol Rc Airplane Project Thread. by oyekanwahab(m): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Abasman007:
So I tried testing my little little tail rotor, guess what,it pulled the whole aircraft down and broke a blade, didn't imagine thats small thing had such Powers... So I had to change its position to the top...

The rotors job is to steady the aircrafts in one place during hover, cause drag when I want to slow down, and ensure the aircraft keeps a nose up attitude during mid flight transition.

You can create youtube video about your progress, it will go along way in help you and other people, so they don't make same mistake

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics / Apple I-tunes / Helping Hand To Succeed In Forex.join Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.