Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? (591 Views)

Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone / Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by zealousayo(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
I started learning Python programing late last year when I bought a laptop then, so I learnt the basic to some extent. Not long after I bought the laptop, it began to various faults. I had to sell it at a ridiculous price and use the proceed from the sale for school stuff. I currently do not have a laptop, but still very much interested in learning programming. Is it possible and/or easy to learn programming with a smartphone?
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by Mbee247(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
For a start you can use a smartphone but majorly you need a computer or laptop.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
Download easy coder from playstore it's for java programming though
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by Sheriman(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
zealousayo:
I started learning Python programing late last year when I bought a laptop then, so I learnt the basic to some extent. Not long after I bought the laptop, it began to various faults. I had to sell it at a ridiculous price and use the proceed from the sale for school stuff. I currently do not have a laptop, but still very much interested in learning programming. Is it possible and/or easy to learn programming with a smartphone?
You can't write code with phone. You need a laptop not all these old generation laptop. A good laptop either tokunbo or new one at least 8GIG ram 256GIG SSD memory with Intel UHD 620 graphics card or Nvidia graphics card
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by Deicide: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Yes with termux. it's just like Linux you can install any compiler or interpreter to run your program. You can install vim to edit your code grin

Limitation -> No gui lipsrsealed

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by zealousayo(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sheriman:

You can't write code with phone. You need a laptop not all these old generation laptop. A good laptop either tokunbo or new one at least 8GIG ram 256GIG SSD memory with Intel UHD 620 graphics card or Nvidia graphics card
Oh, thanks greatly sir.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by zealousayo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Deicide:
Yes with termux. it's just like Linux you can install any compiler or interpreter to run your program. You can install vim to edit your code grin

Limitation -> No guy lipsrsealed
Thank you for this sir.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by stanliwise(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2021
Deicide:

Limitation -> No gui lipsrsealed
The limitation is just so much head ache than no gui, one is gonna have a hard time typing things and the small screen size and bad keyboard for programming when using a phone is just too much of an headache to bear.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by DissTroy(m): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2021
Sheriman:

Don't discourage him.

OP, if you don't have a laptop, you can learn programming with a smartphone. I'd recomend SoloLearn app or W3Schools app. But I prefer SoloLearn app. You can download each programming language course on it and learn offline.

You'd need to download a text editor and the latest version of Google Chrome then create a folder on your smartphone to practice your coding after each learning. If you buy SoloLearn Pro app, you can practice on the app directly.

Soon enough, you'd need to get a very good laptop or desktop. Even a 4GB RAM laptop to begin with, then you upgrade with time.

The good thing about practicing on your phone is, even when on the go, you can still learn.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by Sheriman(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2021
DissTroy:

Don't discourage him.

OP, if you don't have a laptop, you can learn programming with a smartphone. I'd recomend SoloLearn app or W3Schools app. But I prefer SoloLearn app. You can download each programming language course on it and learn offline.

You'd need to download a text editor and the latest version of Google Chrome then create a folder on your smartphone to practice your coding after each learning. If you buy SoloLearn Pro app, you can practice on the app directly.

Soon enough, you'd need to get a very good laptop or desktop. Even a 4GB RAM laptop to begin with, then you upgrade with time.

The good thing about practicing on your phone is, even when on the go, you can still learn.
Depends on the language he wants to learn cos you can't said that to a person who want to be an Android developer. A web developer can still manage but still it will be inconvenience for him at some later stage. So therefore, getting a good laptop will become priority. You need Android Studio or IntelliJ idea which mobile phone can't do.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A Phone? by DissTroy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Sheriman:

Depends on the language he wants to learn cos you can't said that to a person who want to be an Android developer. A web developer can still manage but still it will be inconvenience for him at some later stage. So therefore, getting a good laptop will become priority. You need Android Studio or IntelliJ idea which mobile phone can't do.
True. That's why in the initial post I made, I stated as he progresses, he'd have to move to a PC.

But he can learn programming basics with his smartphone. He can start with what he has. I know he'd learn HTML, CSS, and a little of JavaScript and PHP well on smartphone but to master or be effective at it, he needs a PC.

(1) (Reply)

Php Dev Help / Am In Need of Java Programmers / What Is And What Is Not A Prototype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.