Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development (752 Views)

Between Python And PHP Which Is Better To Learn For This New Decade / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / If You Are To Advice Between Python And Java, Which Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by ceeceeuwa: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good day Nairalander. I got an invite for a
Digital boothcamp and I was given an invite for front end development with an option to change it.
I'm a Novice in the digital world, so I want to ask, between front end development and python programming for data science which is advisable to go for and is less saturated?
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by stanliwise(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
ceeceeuwa:
Digital boothcamp and I was given an invite for front end development with an option to change it.
I'm a Novice in the digital world, so I want to ask, between front end development and python programming for data science which is advisable to go for and is less saturated?
If you get money. Like better money. You can go for data science. If not, jejely settle for frontend

2 Likes

Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by airsaylongcome: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Less saturated would be Data Science. But you go fit withstand am? Are you very good with Statistics? And are you willing to go hungry for a while? Cos short term DS no dey pay for Naija. Would pay crazy long term

2 Likes

Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Jacobgodwin7: 12:22am On Nov 13, 2021
Front end is better

https://dalonba.com
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Jacobgodwin7: 12:24am On Nov 13, 2021
Front end is better

https://dalonba.com
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Johnnyessence(m): 5:27am On Nov 13, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Less saturated would be Data Science. But you go fit withstand am? Are you very good with Statistics? And are you willing to go hungry for a while? Cos short term DS no dey pay for Naija. Would pay crazy long term
yes you are very right.
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by AgentGoat: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2021
stanliwise:

If you get money. Like better money. You can go for data science. If not, jejely settle for frontend

what's the money for?
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by stanliwise(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2021
AgentGoat:

what's the money for?
Data science has a lot of learning part for you to function in real world. The courses, tools and time is just a lot of work. The mathematical aspect is killing. With good tutor you can excel and those tutor charge big money.

1 Like

Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Raalsalghul: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I won't advise someone to learn Data Science in Nigeria: maybe Data Analytics.

The demand for it in this part of the world is low.
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Raalsalghul: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2021
ceeceeuwa:

Learn front end development.
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by dauddy97(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why not go with the 21st century sexiest job which is data science. Believe me or not, the next billionaire we will know next will be someone from a data science background.
Let leave that aside. Becoming a data scientist is very straight as it didn't take me up to a year to master what I need to be comfortable with the data science tools despite still being an undergrad in the university. First and foremost, being a data scientist goes beyond knowing python and other deep learning model. You have to understand what is meant by Data, I mean the data you are working with, where to get data from. What type of information can I bring out from this dataset. What insight can I draw, can I use it to make predictions for the future.... All these are very important that the tools. I'm not saying you won't learn the tools. As you will have to learn slot and even keep learning on the job. The most important thing is, can you bring insight from data,can you work with big volume of data to be precise. 1tb of data size. Another thing is, these data can come in different format, structure and unstructured eg image data (Instagram data scientist), music (Apple music and co), Geo (Google map).
Concerning the Job, well I never graduate but I give glory to God, I can afford what I need to the maximum I can. These skills really helped me. Frontend can be good, but like you heard very well, it's over saturated. This didn't mean you won't make your own part. In fact, every IT skill is a blessing.
Take data science and have a financial freedom.

1 Like

Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by scottyoloye(m): 12:52am On Nov 14, 2021
dauddy97:
Why not go with the 21st century sexiest job which is data science. Believe me or not, the next billionaire we will know next will be someone from a data science background.
Let leave that aside. Becoming a data scientist is very straight as it didn't take me up to a year to master what I need to be comfortable with the data science tools despite still being an undergrad in the university. First and foremost, being a data scientist goes beyond knowing python and other deep learning model. You have to understand what is meant by Data, I mean the data you are working with, where to get data from. What type of information can I bring out from this dataset. What insight can I draw, can I use it to make predictions for the future.... All these are very important that the tools. I'm not saying you won't learn the tools. As you will have to learn slot and even keep learning on the job. The most important thing is, can you bring insight from data,can you work with big volume of data to be precise. 1tb of data size. Another thing is, these data can come in different format, structure and unstructured eg image data (Instagram data scientist), music (Apple music and co), Geo (Google map).
Concerning the Job, well I never graduate but I give glory to God, I can afford what I need to the maximum I can. These skills really helped me. Frontend can be good, but like you heard very well, it's over saturated. This didn't mean you won't make your own part. In fact, every IT skill is a blessing.
Take data science and have a financial freedom.
Please how can I start learning data science
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by dauddy97(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2021
scottyoloye:

Please how can I start learning data science
There are books to get you started. There are tutorial on YouTube. If these aren't enough, buy courses from Udemy. Mind you, it's a journey that you will keep learning.
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Johnmattee(m): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2021
What about python for backend (Django)? is it a good path and how easy it is to get gig or job with it.
Re: Between Python Programming For Data Science And Front End Development by Powersurge: 3:57am On Nov 15, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Getting saturated already. Some stupid offers these days. My advice to him to go for web development. It never gets old, especially if he could keep up with the dynamic new libraries popping up.

(1) (Reply)

How Are Data Analyst Coping With Job Search / Assignment On Pascal Programing (very Urgent) / Ideas Into Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.