Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda (6868 Views)

Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / God Brought Coronarvirus To Punish China For Idol Worshipping - Bishop Iboyi / Could This Be A Clear Definition Of Idol Worshipping? (See This Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
Our ancestors were never idol worshippers! Look How they used their language to deceive us:

Our ancestors are “Abọriṣa” (They who feed/respect Orisha)”. “I-bọ” (to feed/respect )” this never translate “Worship”

Whitemen called us “Idol worshippers” which should literally translates “Ijọsin ere” - does this make sense to you?

“Idol” according to Merriam-Webster means:
(I) an OBJECT of extreme devotion (II) a representation or symbol of an object of worship.

The above definitions of “Idol” is the same description for what we call “Ere” or “ọmọ langidi”

One should be curious to ask: How does “Idol” mean/translate “Orisha”?

How does “worship” which direct translation is “Ijọsin/Isin” mean “bọ” (which is “Feed” &/or “respect” in English)?

This is the hogwash they fed us to misconstrue the practice of the ancestors and ridicule it.

We were never “IDOL WORSHIPPERS” Our ancestors were craftsmen & Art lovers. They made idols, figurines in the image and depiction of nature, irunmọles, Orisas & predecessors.

They have these icons in their shrines as a point of connection to a respective divinity just as the Abrahamic religionists and other religions have the statues and the pictures of their religious figures in the church, mosques, temple respectively.

#Ase #AfricanSpirituality

Source: https://www./254496028077791/permalink/1781633205364058/

Now, my question is: how true are these claims? I'm coming across them for the first time.

Cc: macof, TAO11 or TAO12, Olu317, Konquest, musicwriter, OtemAtum, et al.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Baawaa(m): 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Our ancestors were never idol worshippers! Look How they used their language to deceive us:

Our ancestors are “Abọriṣa” (They who feed/respect Orisha)”. “I-bọ” (to feed/respect )” this never translate “Worship”

Whitemen called us “Idol worshippers” which should literally translates “Ijọsin ere” - does this make sense to you?
It doesn't make sense to sensible souls,is it only Yoruba race that worship idol,so don't confuse yourself with grammar?
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
A001:

(I) an OBJECT of extreme devotion (II) a representation or symbol of an object of worship.

The above definitions of “Idol” is the same description for what we call “Ere” or “ọmọ langidi”

How does “worship” which direct translation is “Ijọsin/Isin” mean “bọ” (which is “Feed” &/or “respect” in English)?

This is the hogwash they fed us to misconstrue the practice of the ancestors and ridicule it.

We were never “IDOL WORSHIPPERS” Our ancestors were craftsmen & Art lovers. They made idols, figurines in the image and depiction of nature, irunmọles, Orisas & predecessors.

They have these icons in their shrines as a point of connection to a respective divinity just as the Abrahamic religionists and other religions have the statues and the pictures of their religious figures in the church, mosques, temple respectively.

Now, my question is: how true are these claims? I'm coming across them for the first time.

There are no idol worshippers in this world. Abrahamic religions just use it to disrespect non-abrahamic religions.
it is merely a show of disdain and disrespect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
macof:

There are no idol worshippers in this world. Abrahamic religions just use it to disrespect non-abrahamic religions.
it is merely a show of disdain and disrespect
Wow. That is eye-opening. Thanks, bro.

For a Yoruba person, combining aspects of Yoruba spirituality with science is the best way of life.

But sadly, most don't know this and are trapped in the mental slavery of foreign religions and their gods.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
A001:

Wow. That is eye-opening. Thanks, bro.

For a Yoruba person, combining aspects of Yoruba spirituality with science is the best way of life.

But sadly, most don't know this and are trapped in the mental slavery of foreign religions and their gods.
I keep saying it, a lot of advancement will be made from developing industry and technology out of Isese. especially in medicine and physiology. no reason why state governments cannot look into modernising traditional practices and training practitioners in modern methods with the aim of supplementing it with traditional knowledge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
macof:
I keep saying it, a lot of advancement will be made from developing industry and technology out of Isese. especially in medicine and physiology. no reason why state governments cannot look into modernising traditional practices and training practitioners in modern methods with the aim of supplementing it with traditional knowledge.
Yes, that's very insightful and true.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
A001:

The little I am learning of our native religions is making me suspect the same thing, a painting of the dog black in other to kill it. I watched a piece on voodoo and it really opened my eyes. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VofAQYxcHHY

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
LordReed:

The little I am learning of our native religions is making me suspect the same thing, a painting of the dog black in other to kill it. I watched a piece on voodoo and it really opened my eyes. Check it out:

The video is both fascinating and educating. Thanks for sharing.

There's just too much misinformation out there about the indigenous African religions, no thanks to the Christians and the Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2021
LordReed:

quite the coincidence, I just finished watching his video on buddhism.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
It's the fact that Abrahamic religion practicioners use this term of idol worshippers to demonize Isese when they essentially do the same thing by having representations or art forms of different religious figures and they pray to them but if someone from a different religion does it, it somehow becomes satanic we really need to cleanse our mindset in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
A001:

The video is both fascinating and educating. Thanks for sharing.

There's just too much misinformation out there about the indigenous African religions, no thanks to the Christians and the Muslims.

As they say history is written by the victors. We also did ourselves no favours by trying to keep our cultures and traditions in the dark ages. Look at the Japanese, Chinese and Indians how they have brought their culture into the 21st century, you will fall in love with them because they are so innovative. We need to do that with ours or else the world will still be looking at us as savages and we will still be bowing our heads in shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
macof:
quite the coincidence, I just finished watching his video on buddhism.

I love his videos, strictly facts no BS.

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
macof:

Just made a similar post. We really need to modernise and not be afraid of our past while looking to the future.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
And just so it is on record on a digital website till the end of time or at least the end of technology on earth

If I ever come across wealth through my business or through investments, I will use some of the money to invest into scientific research into isese mainly the knowledge of herbal medicine and the ifa binary system and how it can be applied to modern computing

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
LordReed:

As they say history is written by the victors. We also did ourselves no favours by trying to keep our cultures and traditions in the dark ages. Look at the Japanese, Chinese and Indians how they have brought their culture into the 21st century, you will fall in love with them because they are so innovative. We need to do that with ours or else the world will still be looking at us as savages and we will still be bowing our heads in shame.
Yea. Very true.

Fortunately, things are changing now for the better, but those of us leading the charge (including Seun, musicwriter, OtemAtum, prof WS, you, my humble self, macof, joseph1013, and many other atheists and freethinkers in Nigeria) are paying a great sacrifice to bring about this great change and mental evolution in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
Only the Israelites knew the true God, all other nations are worshipers of demons. But if you want me to expatiate on this no problem.
There's no nepotism in this case God chose a race for a purpose and that purpose has been met! smiley
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by musicwriter(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
A001:

Yea. Very true.

Fortunately, things are changing now for the better, but those of us leading the charge (including Seun, musicwriter, OtemAtum, prof WS, you, my humble self, macof, joseph1013, and many other atheists and freethinkers in Nigeria) are paying a great sacrifice to bring about this great change and mental evolution in the country.

As someone said "history is written by the victors" not the vanquished. If we conquered Europeans, enslaved and colonized them, we would have labeled them idol worshippers too. In fact, in ancient time when black people ruled the world, our ancestors actually called Europeans heathen or people who don't know God. It even survived in the bible where it said heathens (Europeans) shall take over the message, which of course has happened.

Even till today, the king of idolatry is Christianity but it's not presented that way. The picture below is idolatry at it's best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Only the Israelites knew the true God, all other nations are worshipers of demons. But if you want me to expatiate on this no problem.
There's no nepotism in this case God chose a race for a purpose and that purpose has been met! smiley

Yep a God secluded a singular race to be his people and that makes sense to you?

4 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by ayberry: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Expantiate pls
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:09am On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Now I see why you've been coming after me of late...

You're becoming a diabolical/devil worshipper by the day, not just a so-called atheist.

Don't worry, what you're seeking, you would soon find.

LordReed:

LMFAO! Actually I am laughing at your foolishness. The foolishness of believing that an almighty god gives you power against a not almighty devil yet you are more afraid of the devil than anything. The foolishness of calling your own heritage devil worship and calling the heritage of an even more violent culture worshippers of a good god. The foolishness of bellyaching over a historical video. Your foolishness yields compound interest evrytime we try to examine it. Bwahahahahaha!

Meanwhile yeah I sure hope that all that I am looking for I find such as love, joy, peace, harmony and prosperity. Keep wishing me those things OK. LMFAO!
It takes a foolishness of the highest order to deduce fear of the devil from my posts here.

Imagine saying that I am so afraid of the devil you serve, and yet when i said the same devil lamented my killing of his three generals, you came and said if I had the opportunity, I would be worst than the Taliban. I am really afraid of the devil your god who cannot do more than a dead rat, lol.

I keep exposing his evil works, like the ritual killings and human sacrifices, being done by his agents, yet i'm so afraid of the devil according to his spokesman Lordreed.

I am so afraid of the devil, yet God used me to take down the biggest witch in Africa from my bedroom. What a way to be afraid of the devil who you worship, lol!

I'm so afraid of the devil yet i keep destroying and exposing his works and devices to your utter anguish, that you keep showing up in in my thread to lament your losses. What a way to be afraid of the devil according to his spokesman Lordreed.

Don't worry, since you now consciously worship and serve the devil, get ready to lament his losses, because I haven't even started being afraid of the devil yet.

Why not try come against me with the witchcraft you're now learning, na there you go know how much I fear the devil, if you survive am. Such a fool!

The devil has obviously fried your brain, you now think anyone he dreads and has a phobia for is now afraid of him.

It's now clearer to me why God said He would deal with you. Don't worry, just continue being a fool for the devil, and serving him with all your heart, you'd soon find what you seek, for someone who has a phobia for death.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21am On Oct 18, 2021
ayberry:

Expantiate pls
After the fall of man in the garden of Eden Satan and his demons had the right to mingle with humans, this wouldn't have been so if Adam and Eve never turned against their Creator.
So God allowed for time so that all the demons that joined Satan in the rebellion can station themselves as gods in different locations of the earth. God then looked down and chose a man named Abraham to be the one through whom the saviour of mankind will be born! Genesis 12:1-3

God began trailing the lineage until Jesus was born {Matthew 1:1-16} all the information regarding how mankind could be redeemed from Satan's snare, sin, sickness and death was impacted in that lineage.

That's why Jesus could say:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things! Matthew 28:19-20

There is no culture or tradition where anyone or god commanded the worshipers to do the same, that's why the Bible is the most popular and owned book in the world.
Most of our people want to hip the blame of British colonialism on the Bible but all of us know that Israel is different from England, they saw the book and embraced it though they don't have the accurate knowledge of the book! smiley

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

You're becoming a diabolical/devil worshipper by the day, not just a so-called atheist.

Bwahahahahaha! Here comes the clown. If because I watched a video I am a devil worshipper then you are the chief priest of devil worshippers because nobody talks about the devil more than you on this forum. LMFAO!

7 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 6:42am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

BTW have you started having nightmares about LordReed again? LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2021
Abohboy:

Yep a God secluded a singular race to be his people and that makes sense to you?

Spirits are ever loyal to those who proved loyal to them. There are many of them roaming about the earth but the God of Israel has a purpose why He chose Israel.
Go round the world and see if there is any race or culture where they know about the origin of Gods. Only the Bible provided the info that these gods are fallen angels who left heaven to come and start living amongst humans {Genesis 6:1-4} the Yorùbá race often talk about them through ifá divination but their knowledge is also not complete.
Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọbàtálá, Ògún and many more were fallen angels who left heaven and came to live on earth. None of them could return to heaven again after that event so they returned to their spirit form only to continue dealing with humans as their gods! smiley
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:23am On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Here comes the clown. If because I watched a video I am a devil worshipper then you are the chief priest of devil worshippers because nobody talks about the devil more than you on this forum. LMFAO!
Keep laughing at your foolishness.

Even Jesus talked much about the devil, but He never endorsed Satanic materials and activities. That's what distinguishes those of us who talk about the devil from the likes of you who worship and serve him.

At least, it's now clear who I'm now dealing with. It's certainly not an atheist!

I have told you, what you seek, you would soon find, so be patient.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Spirits are ever loyal to those who proved loyal to them. There are many of them roaming about the earth but the God of Israel has a purpose why He chose Israel.
Go round the world and see if there is any race or culture where they know about the origin of Gods. Only the Bible provided the info that these gods are fallen angels who left heaven to come and start living amongst humans {Genesis 6:1-4} the Yorùbá race often talk about them through ifá divination but their knowledge is also not complete.
Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Ọbàtálá, Ògún and many more were fallen angels who left heaven and came to live on earth. None of them could return to heaven again after that event so they returned to their spirit form only to continue dealing with humans as their gods! smiley

False

Orunmila, Osanyin, Obatala, Ogun are Orisha who were sent down to earth to make humans and make it habitable for them and they don't live on earth the clear difference between Ifa and Christianity is that in Ifa Olodumare doesn't get involved in human matters the Orishas do that and your point of the Israelites are the only ones who understood it clearly is bullshit what you're exposing is one of the largest inferiority complexes i've ever seen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

Even Jesus talked much about the devil, but He never endorsed Satanic materials and activities. That's what distinguishes those of us who talk about the devil from the likes of you who worship and serve him.

At least, it's now clear who I'm now dealing with. It's certainly not an atheist!

Jesus never executed any of his miracles and half of the stories in the Bible literally come from other religions like the Babylonian and Egyptian ones

WAKE UP

3 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Abohboy: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

After the fall of man in the garden of Eden Satan and his demons had the right to mingle with humans, this wouldn't have been so if Adam and Eve never turned against their Creator.
So God allowed for time so that all the demons that joined Satan in the rebellion can station themselves as gods in different locations of the earth. God then looked down and chose a man named Abraham to be the one through whom the saviour of mankind will be born! Genesis 12:1-3

God began trailing the lineage until Jesus was born {Matthew 1:1-16} all the information regarding how mankind could be redeemed from Satan's snare, sin, sickness and death was impacted in that lineage.

That's why Jesus could say:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things! Matthew 28:19-20

There is no culture or tradition where anyone or god commanded the worshipers to do the same, that's why the Bible is the most popular and owned book in the world.
Most of our people want to hip the blame of British colonialism on the Bible but all of us know that Israel is different from England, they saw the book and embraced it though they don't have the accurate knowledge of the book! smiley

If England and the Roman empire never existed then the Bible would have never left Israel it was through the Romans that Christianity spread to places like Egypt, Ethiopia and eventually England and it was from there that they forced their religion onto us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by LordReed(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

LMFAO! Actually I am laughing at your foolishness. The foolishness of believing that an almighty god gives you power against a not almighty devil yet you are more afraid of the devil than anything. The foolishness of calling your own heritage devil worship and calling the heritage of an even more violent culture worshippers of a good god. The foolishness of bellyaching over a historical video. Your foolishness yields compound interest evrytime we try to examine it. Bwahahahahaha!

Meanwhile yeah I sure hope that all that I am looking for I find such as love, joy, peace, harmony and prosperity. Keep wishing me those things OK. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 9:11am On Oct 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

The way you reason most times makes me laugh. Many of your posts are risible.

If you see an atheist or agnostic discussing issues or watching content about African traditional religions and their derivatives, it's mostly due to historical, cultural, and most importantly, artistic reasons. Nothing diabolical or related to worshipping a deity.

We all know it's your pastors that patronize these babalawos mostly to seek help about different superstitious things.

If you see someone like me post pictures and content on the native religions, it's mostly because I appreciate the Yoruba or African cultures being a Yoruba person.

That doesn't mean I engage in worshipping any deity or god.

Besides, there are many aspects of the native cultures that can benefit an African if modernized and approached practically, such as medical-related issues, moralistic aspects, arts, and others.

4 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2021
Abohboy:

If England and the Roman empire never existed then the Bible would have never left Israel it was through the Romans that Christianity spread to places like Egypt, Ethiopia and eventually England and it was from there that they forced their religion onto us

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! embarassed
Christianity didn't spread through England and Rome, it's the Bible that the true God allowed those robbers to transport throughout the earth. As for Christianity it came when Jehovah's Witnesses first knock on your door!

Jesus never asked his followers to force the book or it's teaching on anyone, so if what you know today was forced down your throat then know that it has nothing to do with Christianity!

Are you preaching and teaching from house to house?
Do you separate yourselves from worldly politics?
Do you associate with a global family of peace loving worshipers?
Do you know that it's a crime to carry weapons for any reason whatsoever?
Those are the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth so if you're not practicing those things then you were misinformed! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

7 Year Old Girls' Revelation For Nigerian 'men Of God' / Can Someone Pls Explain Koran 10:94 / The Real Reason Pastor Sam Adeyemi Relocates To USA Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.