Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu (6309 Views)

Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation / Old Mama Who Donated N1m To Buhari, Pictured With Tinubu, Atiku And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Jonathan in secret talks with Tinubu

On June 1, 2011 · In News

Tweet

…Opposition isn’t about cutlasses, dane guns – Tinubu

BY DANIEL IDONOR

President Goodluck Jonathan, Wednesday, met behind closed doors with the leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in Aso Rock, as part of efforts by the President to carry all stakeholders along as he settles down for a fresh four years mandate.

Although the outcome of the secret talks was not immediately made public but Tinubu told State House Correspondents that the meeting went very well and very successful, saying that “opposition is not about axes, cutlasses and dane guns”.

The president also met in public with leaders of all major political parties in the country where he called on them to join hands with his government for the transformation of Nigeria. The leadership of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, was however absent at the meeting which held at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Those in attendance were Bello Mohammed, Chairman of PDP, Kao Baraje, Secretary of PDP and Olusola Oke, Legal Adviser, PDP, Bisi Akande, Chairman ACN, Bola Tinubu, Chris Ngige, and George Akume.

Others are Ogbonnaya Onu, Chairman ANPP; Lanre Amosu, ANPP Chieftain; Victor Ume, chairman APGA; Tim Manakaya, APGA and Dan Nwuanyawu, Chairman, Labour Party, among others.

Those who accompanied President Jonathan to the meeting were Vice President Namadi Sambo; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Chief of Staff to the President, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, and Presidential Spokesman, Mr Ima Niboro, and Special Assistant on Research and Documentation, Mr Oronto Douglas Chief Oghiadomhe had in his opening remark pointed out that all the political parties invited for the meeting attended the meeting except the CPC.

In an opening remark,  President Jonathan said despite their political differences, the major political leaders must work with the government to ensure that Nigerians get the dividends of democracy.

“No matter who is the President, no matter who is the governor what Nigerians are interested in is to have food on the table, there should be infrastructure, there should be security and there should be good governance. And I know that not only the ruling party alone can make this possible. For me to succeed, to give Nigerians what they want, we must run a stable government. It needs the cooperation of all the political parties, all the leaders”
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
can u imagine

fresh air talking to a crimial tinubu

smh, this na really fresh air
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by jmaine: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
At OP, source please
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
Politics is not about making more enemies,but finding a common front to move Nigeria forward. We should stop all these politics with bitterness.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
Vanguard,Channels is showing it now,NTA,STV,
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by jmaine: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2011
Edited
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by ektbear: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2011
interesting
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2011
Only CPC failed to show up,it shows they are not mindful of the rest of us Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by OAM4J: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2011
@OP

what is the source of your story?
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
Omooba77:

Politics is not about making more enemies,but finding a common front to move Nigeria forward. We should stop all these politics with bitterness.

my friend, you make me laugh

politics is ABOUT MAKING ENEMISS, PROGRESS to the people u lead AND OPPOSITION

when 2 crimials (1 crimal of lagos and the other crimial of baylsea) meet to find a common ground, then u should know the country is in trouble

if jonathan is serious about the country then he should stop all this silly appintments and meeting and go to the main deal

1, constant electricity

2, create jobs for youths inculing the crimals Mend in his home state of balysea

3, destroy zoning and merit should be awarded

4, reduce the price of fuel and food in the market

5, bring regional government back to nigeria

6, petronize nigerian industries like innoson cars and others

7, dettrach himself or arrest from tinubu, obj, emir, ibb, shehu, ohaneze, mend, dora, peter obi, ciroma nd his wife, atiku, edwin clark, bankole, ojukwu and bainca etc

8, create a good secrity SYSTEM (not force but system)

9, a good border system

10, the 1.5 billion naira given to ojukwu should be taken back and used for something better like a seaport in portharcount

ojukwu is already old why should they give him such a large amount of money undecided
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2011
Omooba77:

Only CPC failed to show up,it shows they are not mindful of the rest of us Nigerians.

what !!!!! shocked shocked shocked

that is the only party that loves nigerians then rest just love themselves
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by efisher(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good News for Nigeria.

Sai the forward thinking leaders!!! cool
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
@alj_harem,
Thank you sir,we can only have those you listed in a peaceful atmosphere! Look at what is happening in Libyia and Yemen the beautiful cities are becoming rumbles. Irrespective of party affiliation,Nigeria belong to us all. Akande even said the meeting should hold regularly. It is well with Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by jmaine: 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
alj_harem:

what !!!!! shocked shocked shocked

that is the only party that loves nigerians then rest just love themselves

Who is this person   angry angry. . .
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
Even if there is war,you still sit at the round table to settle. So CPC hates Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
Omooba77:

@alj_harem,
Thank you sir,we can only have those you listed in a peaceful atmosphere! Look at what is happening in Libyia and Yemen the beautiful cities are becoming rumbles. Irrespective of party affiliation,Nigeria belong to us all. Akande even said the meeting should hold regularly. It is well with Nigeria.

rightly said sir nigeria belong to all

and that is why he needs to put things in place so we know it belongs to all and not some families and elites
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
jmaine:

Who is this person   angry angry. . .

ALj harem, why do u care to know
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by jmaine: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
alj_harem:

ALj harem, why do u care to know

ALj harem  from Chad or Niger  undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by omanzo02: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2011
jmaine:

Who is this person   angry angry. . .
He is one stuborn boy that run haywire sometime if he forget to take his medicine, But there one good cure for him tho, just call Beaf, he behaves well when he is around. grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2011
jmaine:

ALj harem  from Chad or Nigeria  undecided undecided

from Nigeria angry
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by aljharem3: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2011
omanzo02:

He is one stuborn boy that run haywire sometime if he forget to take his medicine, But there one good cure for him tho, just call Beaf, he behaves well when he is around. grin grin grin

beaf smh grin grin

me and beaf have history, the BOY is not honest with u all
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by otapiapia: 12:08am On Jun 02, 2011
Is this not the same Tinunbu that was calling the ruling party an Evil party and GEJ a drunk fisherman?

And some clueless yoruba people think this old B.A.T is liberating them?
I dey laugh for Yoruba language. grin
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by HottieAnu(f): 2:30am On Jun 02, 2011
[/color][color=#006600] cheesy[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omo0ba(m): 2:35am On Jun 02, 2011
If the story is true
There are no permanent friends or enemies in both Politics and Business both are like Heart with right and left ventricles. If there is any group of people to deal circumspectly with, I will say the Politicians and the Capitalist both walks in the street where blood flows so freely. The door of yesterday war- war is always open for tomorrow jaw-jaw. Simply my opinion!
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by jason123: 2:48am On Jun 02, 2011
What was the point of the election if GEJ wants to include people from other opposition parties in his government Na "chop, make I chop" politics we dey practice for Naija ni?

otapiapia:

Is this not the same Tinunbu that was calling the ruling party an Evil party and GEJ a drunk fisherman?

Was it not the same GEJ that called Tinubu a rascal?? Yet some clueless NIGERIANS think GEJ will liberate them.
I laugh in "The cabal" language grin.

Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!! Please, learn to determine your destiny with your OWN hands not with some old people they keep rotating and imposing on us.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by ak47mann(m): 3:27am On Jun 02, 2011
interesting hope they didn't visit aso rock to talk about how they going to share the country money undecided
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by benlay(m): 4:00am On Jun 02, 2011
otapiapia:

where are u from, how old are u? do u even ,  i don't even know how to enlighten this ignorant kid, you were talking about liberation? Yoruba tribe/race is the cradle of civilisation and libearation in Nigeria, u need help boy. You gonna talk about Yoruba people like that? If u have problem with Tinubu, go after Tinubu, don't ever talk about Yorubas like that. angry
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by igboboy1(m): 4:35am On Jun 02, 2011
benlay:

where are u from, how old are u? do u even , i don't even know how to enlighten this ignorant kid, you were talking about liberation? Yoruba tribe/race is the cradle of civilisation and libearation in Nigeria, u need help boy. You gonna talk about Yoruba people like that? If u have problem with Tinubu, go after Tinubu, don't ever talk about Yorubas like that. angry

cradle of gini? hahah i laugh in oshimili, funny enough i heard the same thing from my friend who is NUPE, everybody jus dey claim
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by urchmanx(m): 4:59am On Jun 02, 2011
10, the 1.5 billion naira given to ojukwu should be taken back and used for something better like a seaport in portharcount
[color=Black][/color]
I believed you when you said that Nigeria should leave Zoning and go back to Merit system. but the quoted remark from you shows that you are still blinded by zoning issue because i sensed that you made that comment because ojukwu is Igbo. if any one needs compensation he should get it.
And there is nothing wrong in GEJ meeting his opposition it is done every were in the world.
All the same we need to move this country forward. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by joecrack(m): 5:11am On Jun 02, 2011
Well,seems to me nigerian politicians would still be their usual self,they may fight,insults theirselves in the press,but when it comes to matters of mutual interest,you'll be shocked.
just wish this time around,this their mutual interest would include the wellbeing of all nigerians.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Rhino5dm: 5:46am On Jun 02, 2011
Wait until when GEJ invites ciroma & co then you will know that this man is just a brainless leader.

I remembered his apologist on this NL claiming Tunbu will go to jail and blah blah. . .I guess flying presidential jet and lunch in aso rock is now the definition of going to prison. It is a pay back time for all the moorronic agreement this clueless guy enters with the enemies of state.

Wait until you see him appointing ciroma & co, then you will know the taste of fart air.
Re: Jonathan In Secret Talks With Tinubu by Omooba77: 5:51am On Jun 02, 2011
Why are u always eager to condemn?Not easy to be a leader!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK To Fight Boko Haram / Pics Of The Burnt Onitsha Mosques........nothing Was Left Out Even Blocks. / Buhari Presents Budget To National Assembly December 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.