Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts (387 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by Coly2012(m): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2021
Eight famous sportsmen married to childhood sweethearts

Eight famous sportsmen married to childhood sweethearts
By Fasanmi Abiola on October 15, 2021
We hear so much about the contentious divorces and the rumors of infidelity that we forget about how many happy couples there are out there in the world of sports.

In fact, these athletes have been very optimistic since their early teens, which was right about when they met their future wives.

Here are superstar athletes who set their sights on their childhood friends and haven’t had eyes for anyone else since:

1. LeBron James

The renowned American basketball player is happily married to his high school love Savannah Brinson. LeBron James and Savannah were in a committed relationship for years before they finally got married on the 14th of September 2013.

Savannah Brinson became Mrs. James in a star-studded affair in San Diego, The two lovebirds are blessed with three kids, two sons named Bonny and Bryce, and a daughter named Zhuri.

2. Luis Suarez

The Atletico Madrid forward got married to his childhood sweetheart Sofia Balbi in 2009. Suarez was reportedly 15 when they started dating in Montevideo Uruguay.

The couple is blessed with three kids, a daughter named Delfina and two sons named Benjamin and Lauti.

3. Lionel Messi

Messi is happily married to his childhood friend Antonela Roccuzzo, an Argentine he reportedly knew since the age of 5. Antonela was said to be the cousin of his childhood best friend Lucas Scaglia who is also a footballer.

At the energetic age of 9, Messi articulated that one day Antonella would be his significant other and in 2008 the world found that Messi’s declaration would work out.

After years of dating, Messi and Antonela got married in 2017 and they are blessed with 3 sons named Thiago, Mateo and Ciro.

4. Nelson Semedo

The Portuguese footballer is married to his heartthrob Marlene Alvarenga. Semedo and Marlene were said to be childhood friends who grew up in the same neighbourhood in Lisbon Portugal.

The lovely couple is blessed with two kids, a beautiful daughter named Luana and a cute son named Thiago.

5. Bruno Fernandes

The Manchester United playmaker married his longtime girlfriend Ana Pinho in 2015. Ana and Bruno were said to be classmates back in Boavista Portugal. She was reportedly Bruno’s first love and the only girl he ever dated.

The two love birds tied the knot in 2015 and they are blessed with two beautiful kids, a daughter named Maltide and a son named Goncalo.

6. Thomas Müller

Thomas Muller is married to childhood friend Lisa Trede, the captivating pair met through shared colleagues in 2006 when they were both 17.

They were hitched in 2009 and continued with a quiet life for two 20-year-olds. They are a prime instance of young love, consistently laughing, becoming acquainted with each other and never expelling their hands from each other.

7. Stephen Curry

NBA star Stephen Curry is known for draining threes and what seem like impossible shots, but long before his pro basketball career began, he had already met Ayesha Curry.

Stephen and Ayesha told Parents that they first connected in a church group when they were teenagers. “I always had my eye on her, but I got a little shaken, for sure,” Stephen recalled.

The two got married at a young age but the NBA champ told parents that he just knew she was the one. “I was 23; she was 22. But I knew I had found the right woman and I wanted to start a life with her,” he said. They have three children together.

8. Gareth Bale

The Real Madrid forward and Emma Rhys-Jones were auxiliary school dears who began dating in the mid 2000s. The two met in Cardiff as teenagers and she soon became his childhood sweetheart at Whitchurch High School.

Bale, 32, tied the knot with Emma Rhys-Jones in front of 60 family members and friends at a five-star hotel on a Majorcan island. The two lovebirds are blessed with three kids

Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by Sonnobax15(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Meanwhile,our own CR7 is yet to marry his adulthood friend lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by Xixtie(f): 7:03am On Oct 18, 2021
Who has Messi's account details or his manager's number?
I want to send him wedding gifts in monetary form. undecided
Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by Fahdiga(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2021
Still waiting for my crush Naomi Osaka
Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by chatinent: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2021
My childhood friends, some don grow wings.
Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by ahnie: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2021
Is Vic O married?
Re: Eight Famous Sportsmen Married To Childhood Sweethearts by JohnnyPalmer: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Meanwhile,our own CR7 is yet to marry his adulthood friend lipsrsealed

His method is the modern way to go, although what works for everyone is different, but if you want your peace of mind, don't get married officially.

If tuface had known this, he won't be in the sort of mess he is now
David, Wizkid..... don't look like they getting married anytime soon or ever

At the end of the day, no woman will claim half his wealth via divorce

And he can forever change women as he deems fit and whenever he gets bored.

He had almost all his children via surrogacy

CR7 is a smart Man
An Alpha Male and a Red Piller

(1) (Reply)

Who is more revered and recognised in Yorubaland between ooni of ife and alaafin / 9 Reasons Why You Need A Rug / Wine Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.