Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,051 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets (382 Views)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Lady Run Mad On The Street, Inserts Bottle Into Her Private Parts (Photos) / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by doksblog(m): 6:57am On Oct 18, 2021
Living with Schizophrenia or madness on the Nigerian streets. Is there any hope for them?

These are the vagrant psychotics living with schizophrenia on the streets. Who are the vagrant psychotics in Nigeria?
How common is schizophrenia in Nigeria?

An Igbo adage, says that when someone suffering from “Ara” ends up in the market, there is no more hope.

This means that when a person with “madness”, i.e. schizophrenia, ends up on the streets he cannot be treated.

Unfortunately in this modern era, most major cities in Nigeria have many mentally ill persons roaming the streets.

In fact the so called streets is filled with mad people.......But what is the way forward?
Is there any hope for them? Continue reading to find out.......

https://docbrainmatters.com/living-with-schizophrenia-on-the-nigerian-streets/

Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by mariovito(m): 7:12am On Oct 18, 2021
But the guy in the photo you used is not na �.
He's only a scrap collector.
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by meetme01: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2021
You need to read more Schizophrenia. There are two types of Schizophrenia (Catatonic & Hebephrenic) and both can be cured/healed because something caused it and with proper diagnosis, treatment will definitely lead to being cured/healed.

The society we live in makes us believe that vagrants, destitute and mentally ill persons cannot be cured/healed. Also,we have few mental health Agencies/homes, hospitals and rehabilitation centers that can handle these patients.

You can see I use "healed", it shows, spirituality as well could be a treatment for Schizophrenic patients.
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by Ayo081(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2021
mariovito:
lol
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by doksblog(m): 11:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Is he your brother?
mariovito:
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by mariovito(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Against the propaganda that race is
Science has reiterated
That all humanity share
A common DNA

When your mind starts
To build barricades
Remember the spiral
That binds us all

Regardless how many lanes
On the track
It's still just one race
The human race
Not two or three

Charity even gets closer
When he looks like me
Walks like me
And speak my lingo
So I won't sit in limbo
For I would resound a yes
When you ask
Is he your brother?

doksblog:
Is he your brother?
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by Matheusmartin: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
doksblog:
Living with Schizophrenia or madness on the Nigerian streets. Is there any hope for them?

These are the vagrant psychotics living with schizophrenia on the streets. Who are the vagrant psychotics in Nigeria?
How common is schizophrenia in Nigeria?

An Igbo adage, says that when someone suffering from “Ara” ends up in the market, there is no more hope.

This means that when a person with “madness”, i.e. schizophrenia, ends up on the streets he cannot be treated.

Unfortunately in this modern era, most major cities in Nigeria have many mentally ill persons roaming the streets.

In fact the so called streets is filled with mad people.......But what is the way forward?
Is there any hope for them? Continue reading to find out.......

https://docbrainmatters.com/living-with-schizophrenia-on-the-nigerian-streets/
The Nigerian system hardly cater and make provisions For the fit and sane, let alone those that are insane or handicapped.
Re: Living With Schizophrenia Or Mad On The Nigerian Streets by doksblog(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Thats true
Matheusmartin:
The Nigerian system hardly cater and make provisions For the fit and sane, let alone those that are insane or handicapped.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Sound Alarm Over New 'worst-ever' Super-mutant Covid Variant(Pix) / Rainsoul: Where To Buy Rain Soul Products And Rain Soul Supplement / 6 Most Common Health Issues That Affect Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.