Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body (343 Views)

Best Children Body Butter And Soap / African NGO Drills Borehole For Community As It Commissions On Children's Day / Spanish Hospital Where Coughing Coronavirus Patients Lay On Floor Of Corridor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body by MANDIPUTIN: 7:06am On Oct 18, 2021
Please post to save lives. I saw this post and I think it may be useful to someone here, if u don't have kids u may have younger ones.
"I want to share an experience I had a few days ago. I noticed my son had four boils, one on his head, his chest, his leg and his fingers. They were so small, I assumed they are slight infections and would go. His doctor recommended an antibiotic cream. You can see the picture of when the thing was still small. Sometimes my son will be shouting "his head, his head" or "his leg", I assumed it was aches that the boil was giving him and I gave him just paracetamol. His teachers also claimed that he usually shouts "my head, my head" in school. On the third day. As I got back from work, I checked the hand and saw that the boil had opened. I saw something like pus. Lo and behold when I pressed it, a live maggot came out!
I wanted to faint. I called my husband and also called the doctor. It was already about 6pm, we couldn't go to the hospital. So the doctor , advised I pressed all of them which I did. 4 live maggots in all. I cleaned the wound with spirit. And his doctor placed him on antibiotics, my son was able to have a restful sleep compared to the past 4 days. The doctor eventually told me about the TUMBU FLY. Please read about it mums. Knowledge is power.
She said it happens to both babies, toddlers and adults! Especially when clothes are spread outside or damp clothes. The fly lays eggs on the clothes or when the fly lays eggs on the grass and your clothes fall on the grass, the clothes magnet the egg. When you wear it, the egg enters your skin and begins to mature as a maggot. At nights, it will be moving which is why my son used to cry a lot at night when he's shouting " My head, my head"
Doctor's recommendation:
1. Hold all your clothes and children's clothes with pegs to prevent them from falling down.
2. Shake all clothes off before taking them inside.
3. Wash all children's clothes with hot water.
4. Iron all clothes especially that of children .
5. Encourage washing of hands.
6. Clean all surfaces with disinfectant.
7. Wash all bedsheets and towel with hot water.
Copied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body by Namdeenero(m): 7:28am On Oct 18, 2021
It’s called Myiasis.. Very crazy stuff, people who own pets like dogs do experience it very often. I once squeezed out 9 botfly larva from a pup of 3 months old. It was terrible
Re: Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body by ahnie: 7:36am On Oct 18, 2021
Thanks op
Re: Parents: TUMBU FLY Can Lay Eggs On Children's Body by Lagusta(m): 9:04am On Oct 18, 2021
While I was serving in Akure I remember a mother and child infested with myiasis

What they taught us in the lecture room, I saw it first hand

I haven't seen another case since then tho

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Drink Beer, Are Their Health Safe? / Here Is Why You Need An Orthopedic Mattress / Help! My Skin Is Damaging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.