Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Effiong Editi Is A Liar, He Got His Share Of #endsars Bitcoin - Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Effiong Editi Is A Liar, He Got His Share Of #endsars Bitcoin - Nigerians React (312 Views)

Tinubu Is A Liar, He Didn't Make Me President - Buhari. / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / Twitter User Calls El-Rufai "A Liar". He Reacts (See Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effiong Editi Is A Liar, He Got His Share Of #endsars Bitcoin - Nigerians React by Jollylolly(f): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2021
Some Nigerians have reacted rather angrily to a series of tweets by struggling Nigerian movie director, Editi Effiong, in which he claimed that no one was raising eyebrows about the accounting done by FEMCo on the funds, particularly bitcoin, the organisation received during the EndSARS protest in Nigeria in 2020.

Effiong said that all donors (local and foreign) were satisfied and that no one was complaining about the money contributed to FEMCo.

"Not one person who contributed money to #EndSARS via FEMCo has complained. Not one. Not the ones outside, not the ones in Nigeria. Tells you everything. Focus," he tweeted.

"Because everyone who contributed to FEMCo was satisfied with the reporting and accounting that was done. They were satisfied with audited accounting (which they didn’t ask for).

"#Endsars was the most effective citizen led action I’ve seen in my lifetime, and much of it was thanks to FEMCo organization. I will never forget the legal support, the prompt ambulances, secured protest locations, food. For that, I am grateful to that group of young women.”

However, failed movie director was met by some stern responses.

“Lieut. Gen. Oluchi” was one of the first persons to react; "There were anonymous donors. Even FEMCo said this. So how did you arrive at this conclusion that no single donor is complaining? I guess only those that were ever attacked by SARS should be protesting? @Milli0nt Nne come and see your countryman trying to excuse accountably," she wrote.

In response to her tweet, Jesse Smith wrote, "He got his share. He assumed everyone was okay with the looting.. Babangida's style!” she added.

But it was a thread by a bitcoin donor that blew the conversation out of proportion. A “Groovy Like Q “punctured holes into Effiong's narrative, stating that some donors want answers.

"Let’s not do this please. I donated 0.0194 BTC ($1,182) on October 13 2020 16:40pm and I am saying FEMCo LIED about the Bitcoin transaction.

"I am not satisfied with the reporting and accountability regarding the Bitcoin transaction specifically.

"I am freakin sick to my stomach seeing folks wriggling around trying to defend an obvious lie. It’s on the f#king blockchain for everyone to see.

"We even had foreign bitcoin experts explain how it was a big fat lie but these hypebeast p#@sies reported their Twitter accounts.

"Since there are some jabronis neck deep into FEMCo catechism asking for proof, here we go. Now that you have your wish do what thy wilt," he added with the proof of the bitcoin he transferred to Femco.

It is worthy of note that barely 3 months after the mighty ENDSARS protests, concerned twitter users (and donors) had demanded full accountability from the Feminist Coalition organisation regarding the disbursement of donations to which the organisation responded with a twitter thread. Unsatisfied by this unprofessional and lazy show, protesters pressed further. This eventually birthed what many has, till date, referred to as a shoddy audit; with some alleging that the audit was carried out by a company belonging to one of the Coalition’s members’ father. A key bone of contention is a particular Bitcoin transaction FEMCo claimed took about 4 months to process.

https://twitter.com/EditiEffiong/status/1449716884761419784?t=lvokDfJw2Fw5O2dC2PuDKg&s=19

Re: Effiong Editi Is A Liar, He Got His Share Of #endsars Bitcoin - Nigerians React by TarOrfeeek: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2021
You people donated money to Women after destroying their Sugar Daddy's business.

And you think they won't spend the money like their Sugar Daddy's own.

FemCo or Coleslaw whatever the useless name they gave themselves are a bunch of thieves. They should all be arrested and persecuted for Treason.

We have weak institutions that have only shot and killed MEN. Arrested and tortured MEN. While the women who led the insurrection travelling around and doing international RUNS.

Tueh for DSS and NIA.

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Misled Igboho: Ooni / Why Are Pro-ipob Groups Still Armed? / Dear Imolites 2023 Uzodinma Is Leaving That Seat Dead Or Alive!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.