Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate (1296 Views)

Osinbajo Lands At Anambra Int’l Airport As Soludo Received Him: Pictures / Anambra Guber: Soludo, Uba, Ozigbo Other Candidates Ask FG To Release Kanu / Soludo, Uba, Ozigbo Hug One Another At Anambra Governorship Debate (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Prisschi: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate

Mr Valentine Ozigbo, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Nov.6 governorship election in Anambra says the agitation and growing tension in the Southeast will best be addressed through political means.

Ozigbo said this during a guber debate organised by Anambra State Broadcasting Service (ABS), the state owned media outfit on Sunday...read more

Other major contenders in the race including Prof. Chukwuma Soludo of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Sen. Andy Uba of the All Progressives Congress (APC) boycotted the debate.

Ozigbo blamed the tension and insecurity on continued detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, an activist and leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) without trial by the Federal Government.

Ozigbo, a peace advocate and apostle of development politics said the Federal Government should rethink their strategy of resolving the political tension across the country especially the Southeast.

He said MNK should be released by the APC led Federal Government and adopt a non-violent and diplomatic means of addressing the calls for secession.

"Indeed, Nnamdi Kanu should actually be released while we go back to the root cause of the agitation, we can't be addressing a problem from the symptoms. An efficient way to address any crisis is to deal with the root cause.

"Why the agitations? If you think deeply, you'll understand that it is because Nigeria is not working, our leaders have failed us.

"The sense of hopelessness brought about by poor governance pervades the land, there's a lot we need to do to get Nigeria working again.

"The system is replete with poor road network, decayed infrastructure, failed social systems, devastating healthcare sector, a shrinking economy, lack of opportunities, and many more manifestations of poor governance," he said.

Ozigbo said there was a need for a national dialogue and restructuring of Nigeria to enthrone a just, competitive, and inclusive society.

He called for the protection of the human rights of the Igbos, correction of the economic justices in the country, and a stop to the dehumanisation of the people of the Southeast and all citizens.

According to him, as a way out of the current crisis, we need a fresh approach to leadership, we must focus on raising the competitiveness of the country, do away with nepotism and entrench competency.

Ozigbo said he had revolutionary ideas that would transform the education, healthcare, economy, social services, and other key human development indices in Anambra.

The other candidates who attended the event are Col. Geoffrey Onyejegbu (Rtd), the candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), Dr Chidozie Nwankwo of the African Action Congress (AAC), and Chief Akachukwu Nwankpo of African Democratic Congress (ADC).

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
Dem wan use Nnamdi Kanu chase clout

2 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
I love Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
I love Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Why?

Because he's a freedom fighter
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Why?
Because he's a freedom fighter
Yes because he's a freedom fighter.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Yes because he's a freedom fighter.
And do you think Biafra will ever come ?

I've been hearing of Biafra since I was 12 . I'm 28 now and Biafra still not come

1 Like

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by 7pages(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
If southeast leaders unanimously demand for his release, he will be release with no delayed but many leaders there are opportunist like their counterpart across southern Nigeria

Meanwhile I'm looking out for a driving job around ikorodu axis, if you've got one for me, please reach me via my SIG

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Staypositive: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I've been hearing of Biafra since I was 12 . I'm 28 now and Biafra still not come

Ma gee

Forget all this things you are here pretending to love the igbos....
I'm just looking at you with one eye....
You are a Very confused man..
Today you support the igbos tommorow you go against them that's why a Yoruba man cannot and never be trusted.....
Like every yoruba man like FFK...
Na why your Yorubas brothers wan use the igbos shine by shouting Southern unity so they can bring out tinubu a man corrupt and useless as Buhari.... Since suffer no dey tire una....
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You and my kid brother are mate sefgrin grin

Ofcourse Biafra will come.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
You and my kid brother are mate sefgrin grin

Ofcourse Biafra will come.
Is your kid brother fighting for Biafra too?
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by fourboys: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Staypositive:

Ma gee

Today you support the igbos tommorow you go against them that's why a Yoruba man cannot and never be trusted.....
Na why your Yorubas brothers wan use the igbos shine by shouting Southern unity so they can bring out tinubu a man corrupt and useless as Buhari.... Since suffer no dey tire una....

What's this one saying because I am not understanding
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Is your kid brother fighting for Biafra too?
Do you expect him to fight for one Nigeria?
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Do you expect him to fight for one Nigeria?
Sorry to disappoint you dear, Biafra will not come
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Prayfortheworld: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
I love Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
I love him too

I stand with Biafra
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Sorry to disappoint you dear, Biafra will not come
Sorry for breaking your heart.

Nigeria must divide.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Sorry for breaking your heart.

Nigeria must divide.
No part of Nigeria will divide
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
No part of Nigeria will divide
The East must leave your Nigeria.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by PrinceOfLagos: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
The East must leave your Nigeria.
That's one dream that will never come to pass

We die here
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by iKingsley(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
Staypositive:

Ma gee

don't mind that boy, he is a confused fellow. I dey always observed his comments about Biafra and Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
That's one dream that will never come to pass
We die here
Nigeria must divide.

You must die alone.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Coldie(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Nigeria must divide.

You must die alone.
Madam tell us how it’s going to divide, tell us who is going to divide it

1 Like

Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
Coldie:

Madam tell us how it’s going to divide, tell us who is going to divide it
Sit back and watch things unfold.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Coldie(m): 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Sit back and watch things unfold.
Today is October 21st 2021 mark my words Nigeria will not ever break, highest thing that will happen people who don’t like the country will relocate to another country. 100years from now the country never break
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by loveth360(f): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Coldie:

Today is October 21st 2021 mark my words Nigeria will not ever break, highest thing that will happen people who don’t like the country will relocate to another country. 100years from now the country never break
Hope you are ready to die just to keep Nigeria one.
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by Coldie(m): 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
loveth360:
Hope you are ready to die just to keep Nigeria one.
I should be the one asking u this question. No be when e start u people will start shouting genocide, ICC, UN etc.

Fighting no be by hiding amongst civilian population to attack police stations o, if una get mind attack army base let’s see how brave u people are
Re: Ozigbo Seeks Freedom For MNK, As Soludo, Uba Boycott Debate by teamoneline: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Why did other candidates boycott the debate. This is the question we need to start asking our leaders. Why are they afraid of debate?

I will rather vote this guy for this gesture than soludo sincerely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Flight In 2015 VS 2022 / Bello Isiaka: Peter Obi Is A Member Of The Pyrate Confraternity Or Seadogs Cult / Traffickers Now Luring Young Girls From IDP Camps To The SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.