Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? (296 Views)

Should I Apply For Medicine Considering My Age? / UNILAG Becomes First Nigerian University To Get TV License – Official / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by Kolenda(m): 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
Just as the topic says, I feel like I've been scammed.

Having gone through the university for 4 years+ASUU+COVID, I feel empty inside of me. I know I didn't graduate with what the industry needs. But why is the Nigerian university churning out graduates without the required skill?

I graduated as the best in my dept with over 4 point.... But I still feel like I don't have what the industry wants.

Now in my quest to acquire a digital marketing skill to augment my Marketing degree, I am required to pay a sum of 60k for a course plus hands on project over the duration of 12 weeks. Where will I get such amount of money from? How can I source for funds now?

I am just thinking out loud..... Can I apply for a refund in our conventional university? cry At least I can be able to acquire the skills the industry needs...
Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by Areola14(m): 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kolenda:
Just as the topic says, I feel like I've been scammed.

Having gone through the university for 4 years+ASUU+COVID, I feel empty inside of me. I know I didn't graduate with what the industry needs. But why is the Nigerian university churning out graduates without the required skill?

I graduated as the best in my dept with over 4 point.... But I still feel like I don't have what the industry wants.

Now in my quest to acquire a digital marketing skill to augment my Marketing degree, I am required to pay a sum of 60k for a course plus hands on project over the duration of 12 weeks. Where will I get such amount of money from? How can I source for funds now?

I am just thinking out loud..... Can I apply for a refund in our conventional university? cry At least I can be able to acquire the skills the industry needs...

Friend, higher institutions in Nigeria is a waste! Best schooling is primary and secondary school.. If you are thinking that when you finishes higher institution, you will get a better job, you are a joke! When I was in primary school, I have a friend called Bayo, Bayo dropt out in primary 5 because of financial constraints and went to learn furniture work. We the rest students thought the guy life is ruin without a secondary school edu. Friends, when I would finished from higher institution, this guy had married a graduate girl from LASU, three children, has 3 keke mauwa, two danfo buses delivering money for him everyday, he still have his own work shop, now he has built his own house. The only respect he has for me is because, we attended the same primary school, but talking of achievement, his better than me. Brother... To be sincere with you, I call him chairman mi with my hands up, instead of him calling me that. When I would get a work with all my qualification, is still a marketing job of 50k... Most of our educated ladies are bleeped anyhow by these illiterates guys because of money....

1 Like

Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by LordIsaac(m): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
They are there to point you towards a certain direction....the bulk work is on you. Many have gained industry-level knowledge from these same universities! So, forget refund.

1 Like

Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by Kolenda(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Areola14:

Friend, higher institutions in Nigeria is a waste! Best schooling is primary and secondary school.. If you are thinking that when you finishes higher institution, you will get a better job, you are a joke! When I was in primary school, I have a friend called Bayo, Bayo dropt out in primary 5 because of financial constraints and went to learn furniture work. We the rest students thought the guy life is ruin without a secondary school edu. Friends, when I would finished from higher institution, this guy had married a graduate girl from LASU, three children, has 3 keke mauwa, two danfo buses delivering money for him everyday, he still have his own work shop, now he has built his own house. The only respect he has for me is because, we attended the same primary school, but talking of achievement, his better than me. Brother... To be sincere with you, I call him chairman mi with my hands up, instead of him calling me that. When I would get a work with all my qualification, is still a marketing job of 50k... Most of our educated ladies are bleeped anyhow by these illiterates guys because of money....
Come to my town and see how small boys driving tipper are laughing at us.
Sometimes I wish I didn't venture into this journey. I'd have found peace with whatever handwork I'm doing now.
Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by Skillsnigeria: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by Kolenda(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordIsaac:
They are there to point you towards a certain direction....the bulk work is on you. Many have gained industry-level knowledge from these same universities! So, forget refund.
I agree with you. But after pointing us towards a direction, the reality of the matter is that the Nigerian system is not making effort to absorb graduates.
You might talk about becoming an entrepreneur, no be money dey required?
Had it been there are adequate industries in the country, other subsidiaries could emerge from there
Re: Can I Apply For A Refund For Everything I Spent In A Nigerian University? by LordIsaac(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kolenda:

I agree with you. But after pointing us towards a direction, the reality of the matter is that the Nigerian system is not making effort to absorb graduates.
You might talk about becoming an entrepreneur, no be money dey required?
Had it been there are adequate industries in the country, other subsidiaries could emerge from there
I understand you. But, it is a general systemic problem not peculiar to our Universities. Basically, it is just to continue to survive until sanity returns.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Device To Block Noise While Studying... / Ogun State : Secondary School Students Hire Hoodlums To Beat Up Their Teachers / DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form Portal | Best Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.