Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is This How We Teach In Nigerian Schools? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This How We Teach In Nigerian Schools? (251 Views)

Exam Irregularities In Nigerian Schools / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools / Cultism In Nigerian Schools: Causes, Consequences, And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This How We Teach In Nigerian Schools? by Emmadoc: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lots of things be running through my mind lately about the educational system in Nigeria.

It baffles me a lot, so I want ask these questions.

- Growing up, we were taught in school that Thomas Edison discovered the electric bulb, which is obviously false.

- Mungo park discovered the river Niger, which is also false.

- Neil Armstrong, was the first man to step on the moon, is also false.

All these false teachings was fed to every Nigerian kid, no doubt about it.

Growing up, some of us had to unlearn and relearn some of these false teachings.

Now, here is my question, does it mean, what were taught to our ancestors is also being fed to us, and will also be fed to the next generation?

Does it mean the textbooks that was read by grandpops, is the same textbook we are using till date?

Is our system of teaching static or dynamic? Does it change over time after thorough research?

Does the schools, just teach base on what is already there?

I want to know!
Re: Is This How We Teach In Nigerian Schools? by Kaybenny(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
That's why they forced English on us
Re: Is This How We Teach In Nigerian Schools? by Emmadoc: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
Kaybenny:
That's why they forced English on us

It's quite sad.

(1) (Reply)

Utme 2021: Jamb Makes N400m From Correcting Errors In Candidates’ Name / Appropriate Disciplinary Measure For Stubborn Learners. / Advice Needed:should I Study Pharmacy Or Medicine And Surgery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.