Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request (26346 Views)

Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews / Coach Jose Mourinho Reveals SMS From Man Utd Board About Sack Reports / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by muykem: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2021
Failure always have excuses. Man u have the best squad at moment but worst coach.
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by blue33: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Only inside your dreams bruh
[quote author=Antell95 post=106869373]Man united will smash liverpool[
/quote]
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by slynat(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2021
Your team needs Jesus Christ to make top 4.

Mrsoft3:
We need

Neves
Ndidi
Casimero
One die hard midfielder

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Perfecttouchade: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2021
This man o shocked ..trust us for Aluminium windows o biko relate with us
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
grin

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Lamasta(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
The board disappointed Ole our man on the wheel
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by MangekyoAlt: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2021
udumosam23:
If I'm to advice, we should release some players and retire others. Players like Jones,Maguire, Mata, Matic and Ronaldo have expired.

Give Dalot, Telles, van de beek, Lingard and Elanga more playing time.

The older player lack spontaneity and that always make Man U games a bit boring. Even if they win, I don't enjoy the match as I do for clubs like Man city and Chelsea.

I'm 100% with you on this.

Lingard, Van de beek and Dalot are good players being wasted at united.

Pogba, Ronaldo and most especially Maguire should be dropped
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Holywizard: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmnprince:

I see Ole winning 5, drawing 4 and losing 3 of his next 12 matches. I see him being catapulted to, and securing the, 3rd position at the end of the season with a point ahead of the current league leader. I see him winning the Europa league in a grand style and the FA cup to crown his effort after all said and done. I see Man U board renewing his contract as a Manager for 20 years. This I have seen.

Credit: FalseProphet1
Stop smoking in an empty stomach
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by DashingRush(m): 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Ole should drop Ronaldo for Cavani. Cavani is a ruthless player at the front. Drop Pogba for for matic and go back to a flat 3 in the midfield. Fred, Scott & matic. Then leave Bruno, Cavani & rasford/Greenwood in the front. He should do this until he gets a good DM.

If he still decides to continue playing Bruno, rashford/Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood & Ronaldo all in one match. Na he know. Na sack letter he go see next
I don't think dropping CR7 is the best.

If I were him, I would have opted for 1-3-2-4

Cavani

CR7 Bruno Greenwood

McTominay Pogba

Shaw Maguire Varane Wan Bissaka

He should use Bruno as the creative person, playing him in free role.

Use Pogba to control the tempo of the game and breakup plays like Chelsea uses Jorginho while McTominay shields the defence and does the dirty jobs.
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by ijames: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ole they mad!
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Miller232: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Frankie6835: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joebayo217:
U are mad sir angry

Very very mad, sack am joor

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by MangekyoAlt: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
DashingRush:

I don't think dropping CR7 is the best.

If I were him, I would have opted for 1-3-2-4

Cavani

CR7 Bruno Greenwood

McTominay Pogba

Shaw Maguire Varane Wan Bissaka

He should use Bruno as the creative person, playing him in free role.

Use Pogba to control the tempo of the game and breakup plays like Chelsea uses Jorginho while McTominay shields the defence and does the dirty jobs.

Pogba is nothing like Jorginho. Jorginho's defensive prowess greatly exceeds that of Pogba. Jorginho hardly goes forward, he barely dribbles. His job is just to read the game and try to break counter attacks.
Pogba is soneobe who likes to get forward at any given opportunity. He's not someone with a cool head. Neither is he a hard worker that can get back to defend when required to.

If you want to play him, then drop Bruno.
Both Pogba and Bruno aren't hard workers. They only think about the attacking side of the game. So my advice is drop one of them.

Playing the both of them is like Chelsea playing Havertz and mount in a midfield. Even when we have a good, solid defensive midfielder like Kante who can cover for them, tuchel would never make the mistake of playing Havertz and mount in a midfield.

It's either Kante, jorginho/Kovacic and then mount OR Havertz. It's never both them. Also you have to notice that Kante and jorginho are also supported by 2 wing backs in azpilicueta and alonso/chilwell.
That makes our midfield very balanced.
You can't compare that to that of united.

Also, playing Ronaldo, Greenwood and Cavani isn't advisable except you're going to play with 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Ronaldo and Cavani as strikers.

Using Ronaldo as a winger is suicide. Every players are required to track back in the EPL, and that includes wingers. Ronaldo is 36 years old. It's safe to say he wouldn't be able to do the job.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by sylve11: 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
fergie001:
Request for?

The Manchester Evening News is trying to protect him and deflect the blames. A CM was never in his plans from Day 1.

The Board should give you money to buy a CM when the two-left legs you brought from Dortmund, is busy hunting for where to get new tattoos.

Abeg getat

Lol grin cool

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by sylve11: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
judedwriter:
Honestly, I don't see ole surviving to December or new year.

His downfall will start with the Atlanta game EXCEPT the players play for him.

It's obvious he has lost the dressing room.

You've right to a very large extent. cool
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by excellentj4teal(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
If you had managed Man City, you'll still say they didn't buy you a striker. Stupid man

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by yassinattah(m): 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
Joebayo217:
U are mad sir angry
It’s the sir you even added at the end that is paining me,he doesn’t deserve to be called Sir because:
1- He has not done anything for United to be addressed as such
2- He wasn’t Knighted by the Queen of England
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by sonofanarchy(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Xtianah09:
This guy's jazz strong wella, cos I still dont understand why he his still man-United coach. He should be managing clubs like stoke city, Celtic, sampdoria and the likes..
or arsenal sef
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Thunday1005(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lack of priority, buying AMF instead of CMF
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by frankson1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
ojaysam25:

True. I think a coach with a winning mentality is needed. Conte is still without job but manutd are more interested in playing the man united way. Between i am a chelsea fan.

But Man. U hasn't been playing in the 'Man. United way' recently.

I hope Liverpool give the boards a wake up call trashing because they are still sleeping.

It doesn't matter which club you support, what matters is you're a football fan so you're free to analyse and air your views about any team.
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by odigiri1983(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
Exactly,he prioritized Sancho ahead of a defensive midfielder.

I doubt he knows the real problem of his team.

fergie001:
Request for?

The Manchester Evening News is trying to protect him and deflect the blames. A CM was never in his plans from Day 1.

The Board should give you money to buy a CM when the two-left legs you brought from Dortmund, is busy hunting for where to get new tattoos.

Abeg getat

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Obyino: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
#Ole out
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by odigiri1983(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Correct....

You got it.
quote author=MangekyoAlt post=106872592]

Pogba is nothing like Jorginho. Jorginho's defensive prowess greatly exceeds that of Pogba. Jorginho hardly goes forward, he barely dribbles. His job is just to read the game and try to break counter attacks.
Pogba is soneobe who likes to get forward at any given opportunity. He's not someone with a cool head. Neither is he a hard worker that can get back to defend when required to.

Both Pogba and Bruno aren't hard workers. They only think about the attacking side of the game. So my advice is drop one of them.

Playing the both of them is like Chelsea playing Havertz and mount in a midfield. Even when we have a good, solid defensive midfielder like Kante who can cover for them, tuchel would never make the mistake of playing Havertz and mount in a midfield.

It's either Kante, jorginho/Kovacic and then mount OR Havertz. It's never both them. Also you have to notice that Kante and jorginho are also supported by 2 wing backs in azpilicueta and alonso/chilwell.

Also, playing Ronaldo, Greenwood and Cavani isn't advisable except you're going to play with 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Ronaldo and Cavani as strikers.

Using Ronaldo as a winger is suicide. Every players are required to track back in the EPL, and that includes wingers. Ronaldo is 36 years old. It's safe to say he wouldn't be able to do the job.

[/quote]
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by odigiri1983(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Exactly...

quote author=Thunday1005 post=106873961]Lack of priority, buying AMF instead of CMF[/quote]
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by GEEBITE: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
That Jadon Sancho biy is a big let down. Like he is forbidden to run. Social media footballers .
fergie001:
Request for?

Abeg getat

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by peculiar2233: 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Judolisco:
Ole is a very good coach and should continue his very good work at Manchester United for at least 20 years...

Signed ~
Chelsea association of Nigeria
U have spoken well
They should give him more time jare
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by GEEBITE: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
You are almost right in everything except Bruno Fernandes . Nobody has a higher work rate and recovery in the whole team. His obvious flaw is high turnover but he makes up for it by tracking back to recover the ball. Pogba on the other hand is just big and his size has proven to count for nothing in imposing himself in the midfield. Gives ball away cheaply and can hardly recover it back. People are wondering why he has not been able to replicate his France and Juventus performances. The glaring reason is the EPL is too fast for a player who dwells too much on the ball. He is an EPL misfit.
MangekyoAlt:

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by ProphetJeroboam: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
In all my years of being a football fan, I have never seen a more tactically gifted coach as Ole Gunnar Solksjaer. Trust him and trust the process. GGMU!!!
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by OMNIVIRUS(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
naijapage:

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/19/epl-solskjaer-unhappy-with-man-utd-board-for-not-granting-his-request/

Solskjaer should have a playing identity first, after that find pieces (players) that will fit into that style.
Man utd have been over reliant on individual brilliance rather than a cohesive unit. You don't press, you don't sit back to counter, you don't keep possession, nothing.
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by Babatunde7109(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
naijapage:

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/19/epl-solskjaer-unhappy-with-man-utd-board-for-not-granting-his-request/

FLIMSY EXCUSES are what you get when you have a COUCH as a COACH.

With Solskjaer, Manchester United is just a BARREN!
Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by MangekyoAlt: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
GEEBITE:
You are almost right in everything except Bruno Fernandes . Nobody has a higher work rate and recovery in the whole team. His obvious flaw is high turnover but he makes up for it by tracking back to recover the ball. Pogba on the other hand is just big and his size has proven to count for nothing in imposing himself in the midfield. Gives ball away cheaply and can hardly recover it back. People are wondering why he has not been able to replicate his France and Juventus performances. The glaring reason is the EPL is too fast for a player who dwells too much on the ball. He is an EPL misfit.
Pogba talked as if he's any better. Although I agree with him.

Meanwhile, Pogba should be let go.
Shaby man utd sold Daniel James and not loan?
They should sell martial, Maguire, baily, Jones, Mata and either Fred or Matic and then get 2 CM and 2 CB.

I would recommend Ruben Neves and Ndidi/Goretzka as CM
A strong CB like Koulibaly and any other CB that can serve as backup.

Re: Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request by luizpippo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
Excuses, more excuses.

When you allow a team play like they are the ones paying you, this is what you get.

When you have Fred, Mctominay, Matic alone or a combination of two in the middle, does that mean the wingers and the 3rd midfielder shouldn't mark?

Watch Liverpool Midfield 3, front 3 all chasing after the ball, watch Chelsea or Man City also, even Bayern, although at Chelsea and Bayern, Lukaku and Lewa might not be running much but every other outfield player runs like their lives depends on it.

Ronaldo, Bruno will be trekking around and throwing gangs allover the place if the others makes mistakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sir Ferguson's Man United 2007/08 Team Voted Premier League's Greatest Ever / Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England / China Bans Footballers From Getting Tattoos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.