Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies (32321 Views)

Senate Proposes 376 New Agencies, Shuns Oronsaye Report / Workers In DPR, PPPRA, Others Begin Warning Strike Over IPPIS / FG Moves To Establish Two New Agencies Despite Fund Paucity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Emmyxclusive: 7:19am On Oct 19, 2021
Have been to PPPRA and I honestly don't know what they do, I mean I do not see the need for them. They are just dere dishing out contracts every time and using it to cashout. The bank rent thier hall is far more relevant than them.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by eedimo(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2021
hm
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by tmtech: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2021
No be naija again... They will change the name and that's all..

The agencies will be a major leak
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Jonegonu: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2021
Ok noted
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by iscom(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2021
Wow!
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2021
Falseprofet2:
grin

I see nigerians still grapplign with such inane issues even in 2031
I see more people running to prayers while other countries develope fast with renewables and diversified economy
I see muric and other religious groups blame d devil for nigeria issues

This i have forseen!

The UAE has a population of eleven million people and produces the same amount of oil that Nigeria does on a good day

So they have spare cash to build all those nice stuff.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by chukel(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2021
Just change in nomenclature. The corruption in those parastatals is unimaginable.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2021
Better late than never, aswear DPR na the biggest scam in Nigeria.... I call for the probe of DPR and other agencies... #EFcheatcheat where at thou?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Falseprofet2: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2021
anorexicmuster:

The UAE has a population of eleven million people and produces the same amount of oil that Nigeria does on a good day

I see you forgot when we had a smaller population in d 60s. I see you also forgot when we discovered oil was earlier than UAE

I see you are good with excuses and so govt likes your type. This i have seen

I see you still making more excuses yrs from now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Curious345: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2021
I see a reversal in 2023
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2021
Falseprofet2:

I see you forgot when we had a smaller population in d 60s. I see you also forgot when we discovered oil was earlier than UAE

I see you are good with excuses and so govt likes your type. This i have seen

I see you still making more excuses yrs from now

We had a.smaller population yes but not as low as the UAE.

The thing is both Nigeria and the UAE have the same problem.

They are both resource dependent nations

The UAE looks rich because they have a smaller population. Thus more cash to spend.

If oil drops to below 5 dollars a barrel both countries would be in a mess.

Nigeria was not good in the 1960 and not good now because we don't make use of our raw materials to make goods and services the world needs. Same for the UAE.

Oil does not make a nation strong. You Nigerians should go and vote out Bihari and APC and vote for leaders who would make us a manufacturer.

Which by the way the UAE isn't. They don't make anything. They just export oil and use the revenue to build nice stuff. Nigeria too.

And yes I am not excusing anyone.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Zane2point4(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Lies if they were incompetent and religious bigots as Nigerians nothing go still sup..

Forget that thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Gentlerespect76: 7:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Solicit1:
As if that's the problem

Exactly. If you are reading the news your thinking of course would be that something has been done! But there is nothing coming out of this. The same corrupt people have changed or swapped places. Is this going to make the industry more transparent? No; I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Temptee101(m): 7:44am On Oct 19, 2021
It changes nothing, the corruption in Nigeria is endemic.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2021
The only way forward;
Nedeco open letter to Buhari
One love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwBJxoH2X4
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Gentlerespect76: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

DPR one of the most corrupt agency of government....they're all millionaires and billionaires in that department.

You know them well.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by AiooAi: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2021
Paramountguy:
NYSC nko?

To be merged with the Nigerian army. So that corpers can go after bandits too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2021
Zane2point4:

Lies if they were incompetent and religious bigots as Nigerians nothing go still sup..

Forget that thing.

Comparing Nigeria and the UAE is like comparing two families on the same salary of 150000 naira .

One of the families has 2 children and the other has 10 children.

Neither is into side hustle

Of course the family with two would have spare money compared to the family of ten.

Plus and this is the important bit...neither country is a major manufacturer.

UAE looks good . Because they have extra cash to burn. Nigeria looks bad because they have a larger population and limited cash

But either way for Nigeria to prosper we have to be a manufacturer. Oil is for self deceit

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by SocialJustice: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2021
anorexicmuster:

We had a.smaller population yes but not as low as the UAE.

The thing is both Nigeria and the UAE have the same problem.

They are both resource dependent nations

The UAE looks rich because they have a smaller population. Thus more cash to spend.

If oil drops to below 5 dollars a barrel both countries would be in a mess.

Nigeria was not good in the 1960 and not good now because we don't make use of our raw materials to make goods and services the world needs. Same for the UAE.

Oil does not make a nation strong. You Nigerians should go and vote out Bihari and APC and vote for leaders who would make us a manufacturer.

Which by the way the UAE isn't. They don't make anything. They just export oil and use the revenue to build nice stuff. Nigeria too.

And yes I am not excusing anyone.
Stop comparing UAE to Nigeria, they have been able to switch from being an oil and gas economy to a high tourism earner unlike Nigeria with nothing to show except debt and backwardness.

3 Likes

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by bayelsaowei(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2021
Ok...what next? Oil and gas is going..we better get sense in this country and pursue rather innovation, information technology and new energies...

It's still the same human resources..same model of recruitment I guess. Same old nonsense..

Mumu country
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by heykims(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2021
They should also merge the House of Rep and the Senate.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2021
[right][/right]
SocialJustice:
Stop comparing UAE to Nigeria, they have been able to switch from being and oil and gas economy to a high tourism earner unlike Nigeria with nothing to show except debt and backwardness.

Even then I still stand by my point.

Tourism is okay but it isn't much of an earner compared to industrial manufacturing

China has a good tourism sector but that pales to its manufacturing sector

Anyway the point of my comment is that both Nigeria and the UAE have the same problem. The UAE looks better because it has a smaller population. And thus more money to burn.

Also Nigeria needs to get off oil and start using its raw materials to produce things the world needs

That way we would become even more richer than the UAE self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by bola4dprec(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2021
CocoaOla:
Nigeria naira moving to become worthless and useless evil goberment
These is not Nigeria Naira
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Fogman(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2021
Old wine in new bottle
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Lamasta(m): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2021
suffering:
This Nairaland is foolish. Early mornings start with political news. Mscheew.
Na crime and poverty news dem for start with

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by globeer: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2021
What are these?
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by mrksquare: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2021
Mannyonigbigbi:
They should merge more MDAs and even States, our cost of running government is too much for a 3rd World Country.

There is nothing like a third world country. The term 3rd world country has been refined to "developing country. You either have developed country or developing country. Countries in Africa are called "developing countries".

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by cardoctor(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2021
The main looting apparatus of the nigerian petroleum sector. Many have gone.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by martooski(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2021
suffering:
This Nairaland is foolish. Early mornings start with political news. Mscheew.

They should start with morning devotion.

Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by Aguodo(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2021
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/fg-scraps-dpr-pppra-pef-sacks-ceos-inaugurates-new-agencies/
What difference does it make? Changing of nomenclature, the way they did with Nepa to PHCN and more recently to EEDC, IKEDC, PHDC etc. Has it made any positive impact on power generation and distribution?
Gerra out there, all you efelefus.
Re: FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF, Sacks CEOs, Inaugurates New Agencies by SocialJustice: 8:30am On Oct 19, 2021
anorexicmuster:
[right][/right]

Even then I still stand by my point.

Tourism is okay but it isn't much of an earner compared to industrial manufacturing

China has a good tourism sector but that pales to its manufacturing sector

Anyway the point of my comment is that both Nigeria and the UAE have the same problem. The UAE looks better because it has a smaller population. And thus more money to burn.

Also Nigeria needs to get off oil and start using its raw materials to produce things the world needs

That way we would become even more richer than the UAE self
Suit yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Atiku Meets PDP Governorship Candidates (Photos) / Why Is Bola Tinubu Hiding In London? By Farooq A. Kperogi / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.