Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Bereaved Mother Fights To Save Newborn Lives - Toyin Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bereaved Mother Fights To Save Newborn Lives - Toyin Saraki (737 Views)

Toyin Saraki Spotted With 50cent - Pictured / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo, Toyin Saraki At Presidential Dinner In Aso Rock / Toyin Saraki, Wife Of The Senate President, Bukola Saraki (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bereaved Mother Fights To Save Newborn Lives - Toyin Saraki by monkeyleg: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2011
(CNN) -- Nigerian Toyin Saraki is one of Africa's most prominent voices in the fight against infant mortality.

The stalwart campaigner has tirelessly devoted herself to making sure that African women and children are given a fair chance in life.

Saraki developed her passion for promoting infant safety after a heartbreaking tragedy some two decades ago.

Pregnant with twins, she had to be rushed into hospital just hours before her wedding was due to take place.

"I begun to hemorrhage and on the eve of my wedding I found myself in hospital in this situation which was beyond my contemplation," says Saraki. "I never even knew things like that happened to people -- I ended up delivering that night and it was a harrowing experience."

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/05/31/toyin.saraki.nigeria.newborn/index.html
Re: Bereaved Mother Fights To Save Newborn Lives - Toyin Saraki by monkeyleg: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2011
Very insightful. Sometimes we should stop and celebrate those amongst us who put out themselves for others. I guess this is another side of the Saraki family we dont see.

Well done Toyin

(1) (Reply)

2012: It’s My Desire To Have Oshiomhole Back - Benin Monarch / Bomb Rocks Troubled Northeastern Nigerian City / Contractor Yet To Dredge Imo River 5yrs After Collecting N19.2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.