Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

What Happened In Her CRS Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happened In Her CRS Class (188 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / Pls Which Course Can Lit Maths English CRS Govt Civic Textile Yor Do In Uni / Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened In Her CRS Class by tobechi20(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
just finished a CRS class with my JSS1 students.
I topic was 'Problems in Marriage'. In my usual manner, I made it a discussion class and encouraged them say some of the problems they have witnessed in their parents marriage.

The students mentioned disagreement, arguments, fighting, divorce,etc. As they mentioned, one boy stood up and passionately said that women should respect men and some of the boy supported.

Another boy stood up and countered him, saying that both men and women should respect each other.
I was still trying to drive the lesson home when another boy indicated that he wanted to say something, so I obliged him.

This boy stood up and said, and I quote, 'a woman is a slave for man'.

Wow. I was shocked, this coming from a ten year old, but I continued.

I asked him why he thinks a woman is a slave for man. He said it's because that is the culture. Another boy said it's because the man paid the 'bride price' for his wife, therefore she is the man's property.

I will be lying if I say that I was not shocked at what these ten year olds were saying to me today.

This discussion took us to examining respect and the dynamic nature of culture.

Ngozi Nneka

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Definition Of Success? / Its Harmony One A Good Crypto Coin To Invest? Journey To$1 / 15 Best Trade Schools In Michigan In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.