Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women (610 Views)

Oba And The Powerful Wizard Osopa-kahrha(the Okp / Ilu Aje (The Land Of The Wizard) / In 1947, The King Of Nupe Invaded Oyo And Sacked The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by muzilala: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2021
YOU'RE *NOT* A WIZARD IAN

Ian Brackenbury Channell, 88, has been relieved of his title of Offical Wizard of Christchurch after being condemned for his remarks about women.

Since 1998, Mr Channell has been receiving $10,000 a year from the Christchurch Government for 'acts of wizardry and other wizard-like services.'

During his wizard career he cast spells on rugby teams (unsuccessfully), performed a rain dance during a drought on New Zealand's North Island before being summoned across the ditch to Aus to do the same.

To his credit, the drought ended soon after.

Mr Chappell has been sacked after his remarks about women in a tv appearance.

"I love women, I forgive them all the time, I’ve never struck one yet,” he said according to The Guardian.

"Never strike a woman because they bruise too easily is the first thing, and they’ll tell the neighbors and their friends... and then you’re in big trouble.”

**MrRighteoness, what is going on in this terrible world. 1 wizard down!!!

- 10 News First

Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by otipoju(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2021
Make person no talk again ni?
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Tickles001(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2021
This woke thing has finished our society. I don't see anything bad in what he said.
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tickles001:
This woke thing has finished our society. I don't see anything bad in what he said.

"Never strike a woman because she bruise easily"
so if women don't bruise easily it's okay to hit them and you say there's nothing wrong with what he said?

Anyway I don't expect anything sensible to come out from an average nigerian mail.
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Tickles001(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ardar:

"Never strike a woman because she bruise easily"
so if women don't bruise easily it's okay to hit them and you say there's nothing wrong with what he said?

Anyway I don't expect anything sensible to come out from an average nigerian mail.

You turned away from his exact words and focus on the inverse.
Looking at this from a more neutral ground. He's simply giving reasons why you shouldn't hit a woman.

Is it wrong to say things the way they are. Political correctness now matter more than plain truth undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tickles001:

You turned away from his exact words and focus on the inverse.
Looking at this from a more neutral ground. He's simply giving reasons why you shouldn't hit a woman.

Is it wrong to say things the way they are. Political correctness now matter more than plain truth undecided

And I am saying that those are not valid reasons.
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Tickles001(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ardar:

And I am saying that those are not valid reasons.

Reasons for what exactly? Do we need reason to speak true words?
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by allen113: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
Mumu wizard way no fit cast spells on him employer's not to sack him that one na wizard
Re: Wizard Sacked For Remarks About Women by Blackfire(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
Edo people eeehhh

grin

(1) (Reply)

. / The Oba Of Benin Ewuare II Said God Spoke To Him / Horror!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.